Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals 18 - Steelers 12
great job Bengals showed me a lot
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I love how when we whoop up on the Steelers like this year or any tie we ever beat them they always have a similar comeback. How many superbowls have you won? lol All I got to say is WHO DEY!!!?? Not the steelers!
Pink Flamingo Wrote:I love how when we whoop up on the Steelers like this year or any tie we ever beat them they always have a similar comeback. How many superbowls have you won? lol All I got to say is WHO DEY!!!?? Not the steelers!
Whatever man...heres something for you. I could take away ALL of our superbowls and AFC championships and still be able to talk more football than you Bengal fans..who dey it up while you can, because like every year (both of them in the past 20 years), its bound to crumble soon, and your back to taking **** from not just Steeler fans, but fans from every other team in the league too. Whoop up..lol..218 yards, zero offensive touchdowns..yeah you killed us.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
To all my Steeler brethren on this site. Dont wallow in the mud with the swine. This is only the second time in 20 years the Bengals have swept us. So let them do all their hooting and hollering cause we WILL get a wildcard and we WILL see this team again in the playoffs where WE flourish and THEY falter. THEY WILL NEVER BE ON OUR LEVEL!!!!
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Whatever man...heres something for you. I could take away ALL of our superbowls and AFC championships and still be able to talk more football than you Bengal fans..who dey it up while you can, because like every year (both of them in the past 20 years), its bound to crumble soon, and your back to taking **** from not just Steeler fans, but fans from every other team in the league too. Whoop up..lol..218 yards, zero offensive touchdowns..yeah you killed us.

To bad the score determines games and not stats!

Also, history lessons are for off season talk. The only season that matters in season is the one being played. Im glad you all have 6 rings, its just to bad you wont get one this year.
csabo17 Wrote:Lets hear it Steeler fans. Still a fluke?

Jarons Wrote:Could be. I guess everyone will find out in the playoffs.

Uh, I think the whole "fluke" argument just went out the door. When you beat a team twice in one year, it's not a fluke or any other lame excuse, it's because you're the better team. Pittsburgh still has a very good team this year, one that I believe is top 5 in the league, but the Bengals are just a little bit better.

Oh, and if the two teams do meet in the playoffs and the Steelers win, I think that would have to qualify as the "fluke", since Cincy has already beaten them twice.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:To all my Steeler brethren on this site. Dont wallow in the mud with the swine. This is only the second time in 20 years the Bengals have swept us. So let them do all their hooting and hollering cause we WILL get a wildcard and we WILL see this team again in the playoffs where WE flourish and THEY falter. THEY WILL NEVER BE ON OUR LEVEL!!!!

Let's see...

AFC North standings:
Cincinnati 7-2
Pittsburgh 6-3

Head-to-head matchups:
Bengals 23, Steelers 20
Bengals 18, Steelers 12

You're right, the Bengals are not on Pittsburgh's level. Judging by the standings, this season Cincy is actually on a level above the Steelers.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This thread is a lot nicer than I thought it would be. Good job guys. Big Grin
Now that i got that trash-talking out of the way, I'll talk about the game... :biggrin:

First off, what a slog-fest this was. Almost identical in total yards and time of possession. Each team loses a key player to injury during the first half. Each team's kicker makes 4 field goals. The only touchdown scored by either team is the Bengals' kickoff return TD. In other words, another day in the life in the AFC North.

I must say I was impressed with our defense, who played much better against Pittsburgh than they did the first game, despite the absences of starters Antwan Odom, Keith Rivers, and Roy Williams. They kept Big Ben confined to the pocket most of the day, where he is not nearly as dangerous. Kudos to Bengals D-coordinator for molding this group together.

Anyway, as of now the Bengals have in effect a two game lead for the division title, but the race is far from over. Cincy still has tough road games left at Minnesota and at resurgent San Diego, not to mention finishing the season at the N.Y. Jets. So Cincy needs to stay focused and not get too excited about this win, because there's still a lot of football to be played.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
BCF4L Wrote:This thread is a lot nicer than I thought it would be. Good job guys. Big Grin

Thats because most of the Steeler fans are still hiding out. They have nothing to say this week. Hoss has been the only one so far to come out and play.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Whatever man...heres something for you. I could take away ALL of our superbowls and AFC championships and still be able to talk more football than you Bengal fans..who dey it up while you can, because like every year (both of them in the past 20 years), its bound to crumble soon, and your back to taking **** from not just Steeler fans, but fans from every other team in the league too. Whoop up..lol..218 yards, zero offensive touchdowns..yeah you killed us.

The defense must have showed your offense up then
Bengals running back Cedric Benson hopes to be ready for Oakland Raiders
http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20091...or+Raiders
Thats good news!
theVILLE Wrote:The defense must have showed your offense up then
Yeah, congrats on your correct pick, genius...So how many points you got Miami beating UK tonight?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
csabo17 Wrote:Who Dey??!!??!!

Lets hear it Steeler fans. Still a fluke?
To a tried and true, DIEHARD Steelers fan (yeah, ones that suffered through the 80s, the losing seasons, that suffered through Dallas stealing SB XXX from us), which there are VERY few TRUE diehard Steeler fans, anytime we lose to anybody, it will ALWAYS be a fluke, ESPECIALLY to Cincinnati.

Now, to the millions of "fairweather Steeler fans since '05" that are in their mid to late 20s-up (that were Patriot fans before that), whom I dont even acknowledge as Steeler fans, they will say "the Bengals are just better this year"...or "the Bengals were just the better team that day".
To a TRUE Steelers fan, the statement "the _________<--insert non-Steeler team name here were just the better team" doesnt, and will NEVER apply. Yes, we get angry, we get mad, we get frustrated, and we sometimes say things we dont mean, but thats because losing to anybody, especially the Bengals, Browns, Cowboys, Raiders, and of late the Patriots and Ravens, just bring out the devil in us. So no, the Bengals, even though youve scored more points than us twice this miserable season, are not, and will never be as good as the Steelers. I dont care how many times in a row you beat us. Pittsburgh Steelers and Alabama football mean so much to me. Im not the average fan. Losing any game absolutely tears into me, and thats why I feel like Im a part of that city and that University. Girlfriends cheat on you. Wives divorce you. Dogs die. Cars and trucks break down on you. Your job lays you off. But at the end of the day, I still got the Steelers. Ill always have the Steelers, and Ill always love them.

Bottom line. I would rather be a Steelers fan on a bad day, than a fan of any other team in the NFL on a great day.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The only person who can stop Mendenhall is Bruce Arians.
Horrible block in the back on the kick return. Right at the ball carrier. I was saying no big deal and then no flag... in a league where there seems to be a penalty on every kick and every punt you miss the biggest and most severe one. And before any of Bungle fans start running your mouth watch the tape. I have several times before making this post.
5timechamp Wrote:The only person who can stop Mendenhall is Bruce Arians.

13 caries for 36 yards with the longest being 10 yards. Looks like the Benglas did a decnet job of shutting him down.
5timechamp Wrote:Horrible block in the back on the kick return. Right at the ball carrier. I was saying no big deal and then no flag... in a league where there seems to be a penalty on every kick and every punt you miss the biggest and most severe one. And before any of Bungle fans start running your mouth watch the tape. I have several times before making this post.

So your blaming the entire game on one missed call?
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Yeah, congrats on your correct pick, genius...So how many points you got Miami beating UK tonight?

no thats about like the bengals getting beat by the steelers this year:lmao:
csabo17 Wrote:So your blaming the entire game on one missed call?

No I blame losing the game on Bruce Arians being pass happy and thinking every play has to be deep drop and a 30 yard strike. Im just saying that while the play happened I knew it was coming back because it was so obvious. Did that play make a difference in the game?
great defense on both sides on the ball....i hate that my boys lost but i luv wathcing the bengals go 7-2 with a sweep over the steelers.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:To a tried and true, DIEHARD Steelers fan (yeah, ones that suffered through the 80s, the losing seasons, that suffered through Dallas stealing SB XXX from us), which there are VERY few TRUE diehard Steeler fans, anytime we lose to anybody, it will ALWAYS be a fluke, ESPECIALLY to Cincinnati.

Now, to the millions of "fairweather Steeler fans since '05" that are in their mid to late 20s-up (that were Patriot fans before that), whom I dont even acknowledge as Steeler fans, they will say "the Bengals are just better this year"...or "the Bengals were just the better team that day".
To a TRUE Steelers fan, the statement "the _________<--insert non-Steeler team name here were just the better team" doesnt, and will NEVER apply. Yes, we get angry, we get mad, we get frustrated, and we sometimes say things we dont mean, but thats because losing to anybody, especially the Bengals, Browns, Cowboys, Raiders, and of late the Patriots and Ravens, just bring out the devil in us. So no, the Bengals, even though youve scored more points than us twice this miserable season, are not, and will never be as good as the Steelers. I dont care how many times in a row you beat us. Pittsburgh Steelers and Alabama football mean so much to me. Im not the average fan. Losing any game absolutely tears into me, and thats why I feel like Im a part of that city and that University. Girlfriends cheat on you. Wives divorce you. Dogs die. Cars and trucks break down on you. Your job lays you off. But at the end of the day, I still got the Steelers. Ill always have the Steelers, and Ill always love them.

Bottom line. I would rather be a Steelers fan on a bad day, than a fan of any other team in the NFL on a great day.

:thatsfunn
That's the way I feel about my Bengals! But with all of our losing so to speak, you ever hear the Bengals fans act the way the Steeler fans are now? The answer is "No"!
You see we have class. We support our Bengals every year, no matter what. See being a Steeler fan is easy, they "always win". I don't know about you, but in life you can't always win. It's how you react to losing that counts. And it's how you react to winning too. The Steeler fans aren't good at either. TongueirateSho
bigjim4packers Wrote:Wow, hard to believe. Big Ben had to throw with people hanging all over him. The Bengals are for real.

I think that was the difference maker. Big Ben doesn't like to scramble and get hit and that happened alot Sunday. :rockon:
TidesHoss32 Wrote:To a tried and true, DIEHARD Steelers fan (yeah, ones that suffered through the 80s, the losing seasons, that suffered through Dallas stealing SB XXX from us), which there are VERY few TRUE diehard Steeler fans, anytime we lose to anybody, it will ALWAYS be a fluke, ESPECIALLY to Cincinnati.

:worthy:
El Indio Wrote:I think that was the difference maker. Big Ben doesn't like to scramble and get hit and that happened alot Sunday. :rockon:

Doesn't like to scramble? Have you ever seen him play? That is how he makes all of his big plays by getting out of the pocket. The Bengals were able to keep him in the pocket and he didn't make any plays.
Jarons Wrote:Doesn't like to scramble? Have you ever seen him play? That is how he makes all of his big plays by getting out of the pocket. The Bengals were able to keep him in the pocket and he didn't make any plays.
Seriously dude, dont pay any attention to this bunch..that shows how much football they actually watch.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
El Indio Wrote::thatsfunn
That's the way I feel about my Bengals! But with all of our losing so to speak, you ever hear the Bengals fans act the way the Steeler fans are now? The answer is "No"!
You see we have class. We support our Bengals every year, no matter what. See being a Steeler fan is easy, they "always win". I don't know about you, but in life you can't always win. It's how you react to losing that counts. And it's how you react to winning too. The Steeler fans aren't good at either. TongueirateSho
Bengals fans have class? I havent laughed in two days, but thats the funniest thing Ive ever heard..:lmao: Seriously, it is....until I read that part about the Bengals supporting their team every year..:lmao::lmao:..Ive been to 8 games in Cincinnati when theyve played the Steelers, and although I havent been in a few years, the Steelers fans always had at the minimum, the same number of Bengals fans there..Mike Brown LOVED when the Steelers used to come to town in the 90s, because he knew that although you all would lose miserably, at least he got a sellout..Bengals fans come out when their team is good (two seasons in the last what? 20?) and scream that stupid who dey **** KNOWING that your success will be limited to one year and done...Even in the 80s when the Steelers werent that good, you could guarantee that there was a sellout at Three Rivers.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
5timechamp Wrote:Horrible block in the back on the kick return. Right at the ball carrier. I was saying no big deal and then no flag... in a league where there seems to be a penalty on every kick and every punt you miss the biggest and most severe one. And before any of Bungle fans start running your mouth watch the tape. I have several times before making this post.
If you watched the tape then you wouldve seen that the Bengals almost had a flag thrown on every kickoff return. Pittsburgh got by with alot also. Did you see the Steelers guy, Harrisson maybe, punch Whitworth?
tideshoss32 Wrote:to a tried and true, diehard steelers fan (yeah, ones that suffered through the 80s, the losing seasons, that suffered through dallas stealing sb xxx from us), which there are very few true diehard steeler fans, anytime we lose to anybody, it will always be a fluke, especially to cincinnati.

Now, to the millions of "fairweather steeler fans since '05" that are in their mid to late 20s-up (that were patriot fans before that), whom i dont even acknowledge as steeler fans, they will say "the bengals are just better this year"...or "the bengals were just the better team that day".
To a true steelers fan, the statement "the _________<--insert non-steeler team name here were just the better team" doesnt, and will never apply. Yes, we get angry, we get mad, we get frustrated, and we sometimes say things we dont mean, but thats because losing to anybody, especially the bengals, browns, cowboys, raiders, and of late the patriots and ravens, just bring out the devil in us. So no, the bengals, even though youve scored more points than us twice this miserable season, are not, and will never be as good as the steelers. I dont care how many times in a row you beat us. Pittsburgh steelers and alabama football mean so much to me. Im not the average fan. Losing any game absolutely tears into me, and thats why i feel like im a part of that city and that university. Girlfriends cheat on you. Wives divorce you. Dogs die. Cars and trucks break down on you. Your job lays you off. But at the end of the day, i still got the steelers. Ill always have the steelers, and ill always love them.

Bottom line. I would rather be a steelers fan on a bad day, than a fan of any other team in the nfl on a great day.
amen!!!!