Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Housing Allowance Cut
For many soldiers across the country they will see a drop in their housing allowance in 2010. While most are under a grandfather clause that prevents cuts newly promoted individuals will not see the same pay rate as their peers. This also cuts GI Bill rates for many soldeirs under the Post 9/11 GI Bill due to the rate being based off from housing. This Bills has already been delayed payment. This means veterans can't pay their tuition, books, buy food or pay rent. Some colleges are not letting students enroll in the spring due to bills not paid by the Government. This is not acceptable in my book. These are our veterans and service members who defend our country. The same people who have lived through the H##L of the last decade and spent years away from their family and delayed their lives for our freedoms. Last year the administration also proposed not giving the annual cost of living increase but was voted down with congress. I don't understand how people can care so much about rights and freedom but so little for the men and women who make it possible.
But yet the politicans in DC are more than happy to vote themselves raises every year. IMO we need to vote about 90% of them out of office. I'm just not sure which 10% we need to keep.