3.hamilton (betsy layne)
4.justice (feds creek)
5.richardson (virgie)
6.hall (betsy layne)
7.belter (dorton)
8.handshoe (allen central)
9.johnson (mullins)
10.ison (wesley)
Stumbo, thats one team I havent heard about so far this year. Anyone know how there doing thus far?
Shane Hall is the best player as far as LIVING in floyd/pike county however he attends JCMS
AC should be ahead of Pikeville, but just behind Adams.

SF has beaten Pikeville twice.
You have to remember, I'm basing this on what information I have. I wish people would at least reply and post scores on here so I can put together a more complete ranking. If I had known about south floyd beating pikeville twice, I would have moved both south floyd and allen central ahead of pikeville. what i did know though, before making these rankings was allen central beat south floyd without thornsberry bad. mullins then beat allen central on there home court. mullins then goes into pikeville and beats pikeville in a very hard fought contested game. so in my opinion, that leaves pikeville and allen central on about the same level. please post more scores for me to update this more correctly.

these rankings were posted before the dorton vs feds creek game tonight, for those who look at them later.
something i would love to do on here, especially since i post what my rankings in my opinion, would be to get a weekly rankings going for the pike/floyd county schools like you would see in college basketball. the problem with this though is finding enough people who will be completely honest in there opinions...in other words not putting there team number 1 when they are really not the best team. i know another website does rank them, but they only rank top 5 and there are very few votes that go into it. i would, with the help of people on here...like to get a small panel together...i figure 20 people tops would be a good number that votes maybe every week on a top 10. all people would have to do is send me private messages (after we openly apointed those 20 people) on what they think and i would post the results on here, saying nothing about who voted for who...simply putting a number beside teams that get a first place vote.

people who come to mind when thinking of this would be (listed by account name)...

myself
Janitor_32
blackcatAlum
Coach_Kidd
MCACoach
DortonWildcat5
Eagle42
Saratoga_86
canoeman_06
Lady_Mustang_Coach
willie_cheatum
coachatwesley
scbmike1

i know that at least puts votes from mullins, feds creek, dorton, wesley, allen, betsy layne, stumbo and a few wildcards that I'm not sure where they are from. would also like votes to come from allen central, south floyd, virgie, belfry and pikeville at least...would really like at least one vote from each of the 18 schools if i knew the vote was not coming from a child but a adult who could give a honest opinion.
bball_fan Wrote:You have to remember, I'm basing this on what information I have. I wish people would at least reply and post scores on here so I can put together a more complete ranking. If I had known about south floyd beating pikeville twice, I would have moved both south floyd and allen central ahead of pikeville. what i did know though, before making these rankings was allen central beat south floyd without thornsberry bad. mullins then beat allen central on there home court. mullins then goes into pikeville and beats pikeville in a very hard fought contested game. so in my opinion, that leaves pikeville and allen central on about the same level. please post more scores for me to update this more correctly.

these rankings were posted before the dorton vs feds creek game tonight, for those who look at them later.

Looking back at what you said and other games.

1. Virgie
2. BL
3. Feds Creek
4. Mullins
5. Dorton
6. Adams (not sure if Handshoe from AC, played the entire game)
7. Allen Central
8. SF(beat Pikeville by 15 and 12)
9. Pikeville
10. Johns Creek/Elkhorn City
bball_fan Wrote:something i would love to do on here, especially since i post what my rankings in my opinion, would be to get a weekly rankings going for the pike/floyd county schools like you would see in college basketball. the problem with this though is finding enough people who will be completely honest in there opinions...in other words not putting there team number 1 when they are really not the best team. i know another website does rank them, but they only rank top 5 and there are very few votes that go into it. i would, with the help of people on here...like to get a small panel together...i figure 20 people tops would be a good number that votes maybe every week on a top 10. all people would have to do is send me private messages (after we openly apointed those 20 people) on what they think and i would post the results on here, saying nothing about who voted for who...simply putting a number beside teams that get a first place vote.

Great Idea.

I'm sure Blackcat Alum would be a good member of the panel.
Maybe, Reanimate.
There are some nice teams in the area, 5 or 6 of them are subject to beat each other on any given night.
Tonight:

FC 61
Dorton 49
Since we have so many coaches, we could possibly come together with a coaches poll of some sort for rankings by county or region.
Great idea Bballfan.. I would have no problem with giving my honest opinion for your poll or rankings..I dont really get around to see floyd co games but I attend alot of the pike co games.

Send me a email if you would like for me to be on your panel.

[email]Janitor_32@yahoo.com[/email]
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Since we have so many coaches, we could possibly come together with a coaches poll of some sort for rankings by county or region.

See, I told ya.

BLA, comes through in the clutch.

Maybe:

Tracy Wright from Allen
Mike Howard from BL
Randy Davis from Dorton
Brandon Kidd from Mullins
Doe-Doe Rowe from Virgie
Mr. Slate from Johnson Central
Jamie Howell from Adams
Brad Short from AC

As I know all post on here.
uhavenoidea Wrote:See, I told ya.

BLA, comes through in the clutch.

Maybe:

Tracy Wright from Allen
Mike Howard from BL
Randy Davis from Dorton
Brandon Kidd from Mullins
Doe-Doe Rowe from Virgie
Mr. Slate from Johnson Central
Jamie Howell from Adams
Brad Short from AC

As I know all post on here.

Coach Newsome from Wesley, he goes by coachatwesley

you missed him
I am Scott Holbrook from Johnson County.
Top five from pike/floyd
1 Dalton Richardson (Virgie)
2 Dylan Hamilton (Betsy Layne)
3 Andrew Newsome (Virgie)
4 Chandler Rowe (Virgie)
5 Cameron Justice (Feds Creek)

These rankings are of the kids i have seen this year
looks accurate to me...keep up the good work:Thumbs:
Adams should be top 5 IMO
What position does Dalton Richardson play?
back_in_black Wrote:What position does Dalton Richardson play?

That's a good question? Point, 2, 3, 4? He can play pretty much anything, but center. To me his most natural position is probably a 3 though.
seabiscuit51 Wrote:Top five from pike/floyd
1 Dalton Richardson (Virgie)
2 Dylan Hamilton (Betsy Layne)
3 Andrew Newsome (Virgie)
4 Chandler Rowe (Virgie)
5 Cameron Justice (Feds Creek)

These rankings are of the kids i have seen this year

Hey Bisquit, are you not being a little bias. Considering that you are from the Virgie school area? I am sure you have watched other teams/players perform. And you have chosen (3) of your home school/team as top players...:lmao: I don't mind you giving rankings, but atleast give legit rankings.:please: