Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Orleans Reality
I received the following obituary from a friend in law enforcement in New Orleans. He prefaced it with the following:

This is why the economy in New Orleans will never recover. It seems like every couple of days the city loses one of its entrepreneurs. These people are the hope for the city and we must put a stop to this unfortunate trend if we ever expect to see a vibrant city again.

Now the obituary:

LARMONDO "FLAIR" ALLEN

Larmondo "Flair" Allen, an entrepreneur, died February 7, 2009 of gunshot wounds on Martin Luther King Boulevard. He was 25. Mr. Allen was a lifelong resident of New orleans. Survivors include his companion, Kawanner Armstrong,; three sons, Christian and Kwan Allen, and Larmondo Allen, Jr.; six daughters, Deidra, Larmonshell, Larmonshea, Larmondriel, Larmerja, and Koreyell Allen; his father, Burnell Thompson; his mother, Esther Allen; his stepfather, Bruce Gordy; eight brothers, Burnell and Edgar Thompson, Wil Willis, Danta and Resche Edwards, and Mattnell, Burnell, and Lester Allen; five sisters, Shannall Craig, Lekiksha Thompson, Gwendolyn Carter, Jessica Willis, and Katina Gordy; and his grandparents, Delors and J.C. Allen, and Anna Laura and Wil thompson. A funeral will be held Friday at 11:00 am at Majestic Moruary, 1833 Oretha C. Haley Blvd. Burial will be in Providence Park.

The article did not disclose Mr. Allen's entrepreneurial activities.
Truth Wrote:I received the following obituary from a friend in law enforcement in New Orleans. He prefaced it with the following:

This is why the economy in New Orleans will never recover. It seems like every couple of days the city loses one of its entrepreneurs. These people are the hope for the city and we must put a stop to this unfortunate trend if we ever expect to see a vibrant city again.

Now the obituary:

LARMONDO "FLAIR" ALLEN

Larmondo "Flair" Allen, an entrepreneur, died February 7, 2009 of gunshot wounds on Martin Luther King Boulevard. He was 25. Mr. Allen was a lifelong resident of New orleans. Survivors include his companion, Kawanner Armstrong,; three sons, Christian and Kwan Allen, and Larmondo Allen, Jr.; six daughters, Deidra, Larmonshell, Larmonshea, Larmondriel, Larmerja, and Koreyell Allen; his father, Burnell Thompson; his mother, Esther Allen; his stepfather, Bruce Gordy; eight brothers, Burnell and Edgar Thompson, Wil Willis, Danta and Resche Edwards, and Mattnell, Burnell, and Lester Allen; five sisters, Shannall Craig, Lekiksha Thompson, Gwendolyn Carter, Jessica Willis, and Katina Gordy; and his grandparents, Delors and J.C. Allen, and Anna Laura and Wil thompson. A funeral will be held Friday at 11:00 am at Majestic Moruary, 1833 Oretha C. Haley Blvd. Burial will be in Providence Park.

The article did not disclose Mr. Allen's entrepreneurial activities.
I suspect "entrepeneur" is a euphemism. There are not many 25 year-olds with nine children who are successful "entrepeneurs" engaged in legitimate business activities.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I suspect "entrepeneur" is a euphemism. There are not many 25 year-olds with nine children who are successful "entrepeneurs" engaged in legitimate business activities.

I agree...how the heck did he have time to start a business looks like all he was doing was making babies...if all those children were his and no multiple births..he would have had to father a child once a year from the age of sixteen.
Maybe it's just me, but I don't see any point here in this thread.
This incident happened in 2004. From the police report - "Allen also had previous arrests, and in May 2003 he was arrested on two counts of attemted murder and one count of First Degree Murder. In December and October of 1999, he was arrested on two seperate First Degree Murder cases."

I think his mommy must have written the obit. She spelled entrepremurderer wrong.

:policeman
TheRealVille Wrote:Maybe it's just me, but I don't see any point here in this thread.
someone just trying to stir a certain pot
Joe Friday Wrote:This incident happened in 2004. From the police report - "Allen also had previous arrests, and in May 2003 he was arrested on two counts of attemted murder and one count of First Degree Murder. In December and October of 1999, he was arrested on two seperate First Degree Murder cases."

I think his mommy must have written the obit. She spelled entrepremurderer wrong.

:policeman
So why was this guy out of jail?
Amun-Ra Wrote:So why was this guy out of jail?

Friday, June 30, 2006
By Gwen Filosa
Staff writer
A young New Orleans man who escaped a previous murder charge faces decades in prison for gunning down a drug-trade rival two years ago near the Guste public housing complex.

Twdarryl Toney, 23, helped pump some 30 bullets into Edward "Chocolate" Taylor on Feb. 8, 2004, during a shootout in Central City that also left a second man dead, a jury concluded this week after a three-day trial at Orleans Parish Criminal District Court.

The jury convicted Toney of manslaughter Wednesday night after hearing testimony in two second-degree murder charges that came from what prosecutors called a drug-trade gunfight, complete with an AK-47-style assault rifle and one victim being shot more than 30 times in the head.

Taylor and Larmondo "Flair" Allen died in the 2300 block of Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard after being riddled with bullets.

But instead of murder, which carries automatic life in prison, the jury came back with the lesser charge of manslaughter for Taylor's killing and failed to reach any verdict on the second murder charge, in which prosecutors blamed Toney for the death of his one-time drug-dealing partner, Allen.

Taylor, 24, who prosecutors said was hired as a hit man to kill Allen that night, left a son and three daughters. Allen, 25, who like Toney had wrangled out of previous murder and other violent charges, was fatally wounded during the gunfight. He was a father to three sons and six daughters.

Toney faces up to 40 years for manslaughter, but District Attorney Eddie Jordan said he would ask the court to send him away for 20 to 80 years under the state's repeat-offender law.

Toney has a 2002 conviction for firing a gun into the air on New Year's Eve, which could lead to the extended prison term. He is due in court July 24 for sentencing before Judge Calvin Johnson....

It looks like the juries in these cases were actually Idiot Conventions. A bit like the O.J Simpson debacle in 1994-1995. :Hammer3: