Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(5) Kentucky 73 - Cleveland State 49
Final from the Cancun Challenge.
Thoughts on the game?
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Final from the Cancun Challenge.

Sorry, didn't know you already had a final score posted for this one
leecoukfan Wrote:Sorry, didn't know you already had a final score posted for this one

No big deal.
good job cats for the win. keep it up.
The final decider on the outcome of this game was the major size advantage that the Wildcats had over CSU! There's really not many bad things to say about the Wildcats in this one:
Good Things:
Got everybody involved in the offense, 10 players scored in this one.
53.7% shooting from the field
Held Cleveland State to 26% shooting
Wildcats were +18 on the boards today mainly due to the height advantage
John Wall: 15pts, 7asts, 4rebs, 9-10 from the free throw line
DeMarcus Cousins: 14pts, 5rebs, 3blks, hit his first 3 POINTER of his college career!!
Patrick Patterson: 9pts and 5rebs
Darius Miller: 9pts and 7rebs
Eric Bledsoe: 7pts, 3rebs, 2asts
Daniel Orton: 6pts, 2rebs, 3blks
Josh Harrellson: 5pts and 2rebs
Perry Stevenson: 3pts and 8rebs
Jon Hood: 3pts and 2asts
Ramon Harris: 2pts, 7rebs, 1ast, and 1stl was having a great game until he got hurt in the 1st half, he came back in the 2nd half but he just wasn't the same.

Bad Things:
Kentucky was in a little bit of foul trouble but nothing to really worry about: Cousins and Bledsoe had 4 fouls a piece and Wall, Miller, Orton had 3 a piece.

Main concern is still the TO issue. UK had 13 turnovers in the 1st half and you could tell because CSU hung around the whole time. Kentucky still had 9 turnovers in the 2nd half but you could tell they were more focused and that allowed them to pull away. But, UK still had a total of 22 TOs in this one.

Great win and Congrats UK!!
This game was a foul contest for the refs. There was no flow the whole game for either team. I literally almost fell asleep.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:This game was a foul contest for the refs. There was no flow the whole game for either team. I literally almost fell asleep.

well then maybe the teams shouldn't have been fouling......
Concerns me that Dodson is still riding the bench. This young man has to fix the issues that has put him there. This team will not win the big clse game without a perimeter shooter, and he is probably the best that we have.
Stardust Wrote:Concerns me that Dodson is still riding the bench. This young man has to fix the issues that has put him there. This team will not win the big clse game without a perimeter shooter, and he is probably the best that we have.
Rumor has it Dodson will be back tonight. Also, rumors are that Liggins will return Monday against UNC-Asheville. Take it for what it's worth.
BCF4L Wrote:Rumor has it Dodson will be back tonight. Also, rumors are that Liggins will return Monday against UNC-Asheville. Take it for what it's worth.

Do you or anyone else know why Liggins has been riding the bench all season and why Dodson has been out?
Congrats UK
I heard they sat out Patterson the second half. What is his status?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
patterson's foot was bothering him the whole time he was on the floor. you could tell it from the begining of the game. he tried to tough it out but at this point we need him to get better.
BCF4L Wrote:Rumor has it Dodson will be back tonight. Also, rumors are that Liggins will return Monday against UNC-Asheville. Take it for what it's worth.

I'm hopeful about Dodson. Not sure what Liggins brings to the table. Liggins is another guy who needs the ball in his hands. With Wall and Bledso, I just don'w see what value that Liggins has to this team
Stardust Wrote:I'm hopeful about Dodson. Not sure what Liggins brings to the table. Liggins is another guy who needs the ball in his hands. With Wall and Bledso, I just don'w see what value that Liggins has to this team

I couldn't agree more. :Thumbs:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Good win for UK. Keep it up.