Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson County wins Betsy Layne Classic
Johnson County goes 5-1 on the day to win the classic. Wins over Sebastian, Lexington Catholic, Hazard and Betsy Layne twice. Losing to SOuthern 34-32. Shane Hall didn't play against Catholic, Hazard or Betsy Layne in the first game after injuring his knee in the Sothern game. He played in the final game versus Betsy Layne. Dillion Hamilton hurt his ankle in the first game against Johnson Central, i hope it is nothing serious. Hunter Ratliff had a big tourney and Braxton Blair came back and played for the first time this year today.
Pretty decent competition. Good job
all the boys played a hard game but pulled it out..mcpeek kid had a good night along with hunter, shane, truman, and trevor..way to go boys
McPeek is playing very well this year. Lots of energy, I believe that him and Blair could have played a couple of more games. Ratliff, Sherman and Salyers really controlled the boards. I thought we looked sloppy against Sebastian, Southern and the first half against Lex Catholic. The coach really got on to them at half time and the kids responded very well. The second half against Lex Catholic, then against Hazard and the 2 Betsy Layne games were a different team. Shane's dunk against Southern really excited the crowd. He missed 3 games and I believe the other players really showed how good they are without him. I hope they continue to play that well with or without him.
Mcpeek came up big in the end of the 2nd championship. Big steal and shot then 2 free throws to seal the game.
A dunk in middle school is impressive! How old is that kid?
[COLOR="Blue"]Great job JCMS Eagles!!!

Dylan was checked out, it was a high ankle sprain. Should be back in a couple of days. Hope that Shane is going to be fine, so much potential.

Coach Howard[/COLOR]
scbmike1 Wrote:[COLOR="Blue"]Great job JCMS Eagles!!!

Dylan was checked out, it was a high ankle sprain. Should be back in a couple of days. Hope that Shane is going to be fine, so much potential.

Coach Howard[/COLOR]

That's great news. You and your parents did a great job running the tourney. Alot of people don't understand how many people it takes to run a tourney of that size.
[COLOR="Blue"]Thanks, it was a full day of work full sure.

I would like to thank all the teams and coaches for making this event possible.

A very big thank you to all parents and coaches for all your help!!!

Coach Howard[/COLOR]
He is 14 1/2. He dunked in a game last year at 13 1/2.

love2cheerJC Wrote:A dunk in middle school is impressive! How old is that kid?
Glad Dylan is doing fine. Dylan and Shane are distant cousins. Shane has a lot of family from Mud Creek.

scbmike1 Wrote:[COLOR="Blue"]Great job JCMS Eagles!!!

Coach Howard[/COLOR]
congrats jcms,this team is very much in control.love the way they handle the ball
cart man Wrote:He is 14 1/2. He dunked in a game last year at 13 1/2.

I heard that he gets his hops from his dad.
The whole tourney was such a big success. As I saw it everyone was so well disciplined and well behaved. The teams played so hard and everything seemed to go so smooth. Good Job-------Coach Howard, All the other Coaches, Assistant Coaches, Players, Parents and fans. The sportsmanship between all the teams were GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank You from this BL parent.
The whole tourney was such a big success. As I saw it everyone was so well disciplined and well behaved. The teams played so hard and everything seemed to go so smooth. Good Job-------Coach Howard, Assistant Coaches, Players, Parents and fans. The sportsmanship between all the teams were GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank You from this BL parent.

Congrats to JCMS on the WIN.