Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tennessee to the Chick-Fil-A Bowl (Unofficial)
ugh.
Overall, a better game for the Vols. Playing, more than likely Virginia Tech, is a better game and could do more for recruiting than playing a team like Wisconsin. Plus, I hate the start time for the Outback Bowl. I'm pleased with this, but want to wait until its inked before I get too happy.
So does that mean UK would have wound up at ths bowl had they beat UT
Stardust Wrote:So does that mean UK would have wound up at ths bowl had they beat UT

You could say that but looks as if we are going to the Music City
Unofficial until we get a source.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Knoxville News Sentinel's sports website says that a source with knowledge of the process says that the Chick-Fil-A Bowl will be Tennessee v.s. Virginia Tech. So the source has a source. It'll all be announced on Sunday, but it seems this is likely.
The Outback Bowl may be a NYD game and pay out a little better, but for my money the Chick Fil-A is a better all around bowl.
I miss it being called the Peach Bowl Sad
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
EKUAlum05 Wrote:The Outback Bowl may be a NYD game and pay out a little better, but for my money the Chick Fil-A is a better all around bowl.

I'm with ya. It seems like it takes the teams in the Outback Bowl a little while to get going, with the early kickoff. If things go as expected, there should be some great matchups involving SEC teams during the bowl season.
ahh we will never beat tennesssee
logmountainboy64 Wrote:ahh we will never beat tennesssee

There will be a day like it was in 1984, When Tenn will over look UK.
It would be longer then 25 years. By what i heard, If Tenn would have won that game. They would play for the Nat. title that year.
cj2561 Wrote:There will be a day like it was in 1984, When Tenn will over look UK.
It would be longer then 25 years. By what i heard, If Tenn would have won that game. They would play for the Nat. title that year.
Nah, in '84 UK was just the better football team. UK entered that game 7-3, and UT 6-2-1. UK finished 9-3 beating Wisconsin in the Hall of Fame bowl, and UT lost to Maryland in the Sun Bowl I believe..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]