Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OFFICIAL Reds trade Casey to Pirates
For left hander Dave Williams.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/pr...atsId=6738
I hate to see Casey go. He's a fan favorite and a great guy. But doing so let's Cincy keep some great talent in Griffey, Kearns, Dunn, and Wily Mo.

Goodluck Casey.
I just dont agree with it, they still could have gotten someone better than what they got.
I like the deal, as long as we invest the money saved in some quality pitching.
"Batpuff" Wrote:I just dont agree with it, they still could have gotten someone better than what they got.
Exactly...If you are going to trade someone like this (Great clubhouse guy & .300+ lifetime batting) then you need to get someone better!!!
Tony La Russa said that Williams is the best left-handed pitcher in the league. It could be a fit for the Reds, hopefully it will work out.
Overall I think this will end up being a good trade. I hate to see Casey go but it was a good move not a great one but a good move by the Reds.
"Beef" Wrote:Exactly...If you are going to trade someone like this (Great clubhouse guy & .300+ lifetime batting) then you need to get someone better!!!
The problem is in this day of the state of MLB, you can't pay good clubhouse guys 9 Mil a year.
I think the trade was a desperate move by O'Brien to show he can do SOMETHING.
man I hate to see The Mayor to go as well he was one of my favorite players for Cincy...but good luck to him in Pittsburgh
I wish Casey all the best in the world, a true professional.
I hate to see a great guy like Casey go. But, he was just a slow singles/doubles hitter that didn't drive in enough runs. A $9 million a year 1st baseman should hit 35-50 HR's and drive in 120++ runs a year.

At least Casey gets to go home. Casey likes the new park in Pittsburgh. He always hits a HR or 2 in each series at Pittsburgh. What kind of numbers can he put up being in his hometown??? I hope he hits .350, 30 HR's and drives in 125.

Even if he does, it will still be the best move for Cincy. Now in the middle of the lineup, you'll have Griffey, Dunn, Pena, and Kearns.
"sportwhiz" Wrote:I hate to see a great guy like Casey go. But, he was just a slow singles/doubles hitter that didn't drive in enough runs. A $9 million a year 1st baseman should hit 35-50 HR's and drive in 120++ runs a year.

At least Casey gets to go home. Casey likes the new park in Pittsburgh. He always hits a HR or 2 in each series at Pittsburgh. What kind of numbers can he put up being in his hometown??? I hope he hits .350, 30 HR's and drives in 125.

Even if he does, it will still be the best move for Cincy. Now in the middle of the lineup, you'll have Griffey, Dunn, Pena, and Kearns.

As long as he doesn't hit a bunch against the Reds, I'd be all for that. The only bad thing about that middle of the lineup is probably 700 K's or more from those four.