Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gregg / Bush ruling reversed by KHSAA
The talk from both families is that as of yesterday both Corey Gregg and Kyle Bush have now been ruled eligible by the KHSAA. So this means two kids who are by the way great kids played a varsity sport at another high school last season changed schools after school year started with no change of address and have now been ruled eligible. How could the KHSAA ever rule anyone ineligible again. I do wish both kids the best I know both of them and they are super kids. I think Ashland was a top 5 team at best before this and now by the end of the season will one of the top two teams in the 16th.
A slap in the face to every kid who has ever been ruled ineligible.
LET EM PLAY Wrote:A slap in the face to every kid who has ever been ruled ineligible.

Agree!
I'm happy for the kids, they just want to play
but is anyone really surprised by anything the KHSAA does?
Does anyone think that if they had been going from Ashland to Rose Hill they would be eligible?
Ask JD Adams
KHSAA is a joke
Kentucky
High
School
Arbitrary
Application
Where are these two kids transferring from? Rose Hill?
LET EM PLAY Wrote:A slap in the face to every kid who has ever been ruled ineligible.

I will have to agree. I am glad they get to play but what a joke How can anybody ever be declared ineligible. Brooke Gee transfered to Rose Hill last Feb and still can't play. Next thing you know at the end of the season around district time take all the best players and put on one team and dont even have a regional tournament
Wish I could say I was shocked....
LionEagle Wrote:I will have to agree. I am glad they get to play but what a joke How can anybody ever be declared ineligible. Brooke Gee transfered to Rose Hill last Feb and still can't play. Next thing you know at the end of the season around district time take all the best players and put on one team and dont even have a regional tournament

Fact of the matter is that if she left Rose Hill today she would probably be eligable.
I have to agree the KHSAA is a joke and has been for many years. The best thing that could be done is do away with any transfer rules and just let kids go where they want, anytime they want. The KHSAA has never been for the better good of the student / athletes, just to make as much money as they can off them.
Out of curiosity did Rose Hill officials fight these transfers like they did with Hammonds, Day and Terry? I probably already know that answer, however it's worth asking.
LionEagle Wrote:I will have to agree. I am glad they get to play but what a joke How can anybody ever be declared ineligible. Brooke Gee transfered to Rose Hill last Feb and still can't play. Next thing you know at the end of the season around district time take all the best players and put on one team and dont even have a regional tournament

Get the school attorney and fight it.
Ashland Diomedes Wrote:Get the school attorney and fight it.

That won't happen, the school could care less about any of the girls programs.
acrossus60 Wrote:Out of curiosity did Rose Hill officials fight these transfers like they did with Hammonds, Day and Terry? I probably already know that answer, however it's worth asking.
Signed the paper already waiving the 15 day wait. No more roadblocks. Now Gregg who claimed hardship can tool around in his Escalade back and forth to practice.
no more comment
How can the KHSAA keep anybody from transferring now? There are gonna be more leave RH now that there is no fear of losing eligibility. Something fishy is goin on. I guess we will have to wait until Dec. 7th to find out.
dejavu Wrote:I'm happy for the kids, they just want to play
but is anyone really surprised by anything the KHSAA does?
Does anyone think that if they had been going from Ashland to Rose Hill they would be eligible?
Ask JD Adams
KHSAA is a joke

I will give you a better one. Elisha Daniels had to sit out her senior year after transferring from Rock Hill to Rose Hill. Too many Hills in the paperwork I guess.
I'd like to know how you go about applying for a job at the KHSAA. I mean, do you think you only need to submit a resume, or do they require proof of the lobotomy as well?

Also, you have to wonder how any decent lawyer ever loses against the KHSAA in a court of law. These guys are all over the map in the application of their own rules.
Ashland Diomedes Wrote:Get the school attorney and fight it.

It sould not even be something to fight with an attorney. If you are a member of the KHSAA you agree to their rules. This one should not even be one that can be appealed. If you dont change address you sit one year just like JD Adams did when he went to Rose Hill from Ashland.
LET EM PLAY Wrote:I will give you a better one. Elisha Daniels had to sit out her senior year after transferring from Rock Hill to Rose Hill. Too many Hills in the paperwork I guess.

No surprise here, after we are talking about Rose Hill. If she was transferring to Fairview or Boyd Co she would have been eligible.
downgoesfrazier Wrote:No surprise here, after we are talking about Rose Hill. If she was transferring to Fairview or Boyd Co she would have been eligible.

or Ashland.
Squid Wrote:I'd like to know how you go about applying for a job at the KHSAA. I mean, do you think you only need to submit a resume, or do they require proof of the lobotomy as well?

Also, you have to wonder how any decent lawyer ever loses against the KHSAA in a court of law. These guys are all over the map in the application of their own rules.

Most who go to the courts win. However, few appeal past the KHSAA. The KHSAA rules state that, if one appeals to the court system and loses, he must pay all costs, including attorney fees, incurred by the KHSAA in the appeal process. He is also subject to the KHSAA sanctions and fines which were previously levied.

As for appeals within the KHSAA, Rose Hill withdrew its appeal against Hammond and Day. It never filed any objection to the application of Terry.
Mark Swift the AD at ashland has fought Rosehill over this same issue for years and refused to play Rosehill over it and has even went to Frankfort over this! Mark this proves where you and all your little Ashland buddies morals rest! You take a kid that has played through the system like Gibbs and others and take playing time from them and give it to these kids and the parents should be outraged!
Mark Swift could care less what is posted on here or any other forum. The great thing about the kids and parents at Ashland is that we have opened up our arms to the Gregg family and any other kid that wants to enroll at Blazer. As for Gibbs, until this year he really didnt progress the way we had hoped he would have a year or two ago, but now he has improved his game and will see the floor.

You shouldn't take stones and throw them when you live in a glass house.
I live in a brick house that has a few windows, and that tone is all about Ashland! He didn't progress like WE, WE thought he would! Big man calling a kid out on here, I really don't know Gibbs but has seen him play with a lot of passion over the years, he seems like a great kid!:notworthy ODE to all you moral know it all's. And you ask for help from out of the area for money for THE football field of dreams, wonder why checks aren't flowing in?
When is it that the best kids play? Why does one kid who's been somewhere deserve to play over one who just gets there? What kind of moronic mentality would a coach have if he played a kid because he has been there longer? Answer: one who is looking for a change of address.:Thumbs:
that's right Wrote:Mark this proves where you and all your little Ashland buddies morals rest!
Just to be sure that I understand your indignation, who are you referring to when you say "all your little Ashland buddies"?
that's right Wrote:Mark Swift the AD at ashland has fought Rosehill over this same issue for years and refused to play Rosehill over it and has even went to Frankfort over this! Mark this proves where you and all your little Ashland buddies morals rest! You take a kid that has played through the system like Gibbs and others and take playing time from them and give it to these kids and the parents should be outraged!

Just a follow up thought on this particular post.

How do you think Mark Swift (or any other school administrator) would defend himself, if they did not allow these kids to participate in a given extra-curricular activity? Do you think that, if the KHSAA ruled these kids eligible, and then the school didn't allow them to play, the parents of such a kid would have a legitimate lawsuit?

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think you are confusing two different issues. Ashland didn't play Rose Hill because they felt that Rose Hill was raiding Ashland (and some of the other surrounding schools) of their younger athletes. I would hope that you are smart enough to understand that Ashland hasn't been visiting the homes of Bush and Gregg (or any of the other kids that have come to Ashland), trying to lure them into coming to Blazer. Can you see the difference? Are you willing to admit the difference?
Mark and his little radio people that trashed Rosehill over these same issues.
that's right Wrote:Mark and his little radio people that trashed Rosehill over these same issues.

Thanks for the clarification. I just wanted to be sure that you weren't lumping all of the Ashland people into one category.