Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Ridge 61 Letcher Central 58
Final in first OT

Congrats warriors
Cougars gave the Warriors all they want and more. Congrats Warriors
was hopin for a W for LCC.

still nice win east ridge.
Lots of turnovers and missed free throws by both teams but never a double digit lead by either team. Big Jake had 21 for ER with Williams with 14 and Fields 13 and LCC was led by Johnson with 18 and Cornett and Roark with 16 each.
I knew it was gonna be a dog fight. Definitly one of the best games ive ever watched. Nice effort and heart by both teams.
Always an LCC fan, but have still not laid eyes on the new LCC coach...Does he even exist and why the low profile? Personally don't mind this loss because Justice deserved to have his day!!!! Coaching changes in a successful program doesn't make a lot of sense to me....
coolfan Wrote:Always an LCC fan, but have still not laid eyes on the new LCC coach...Does he even exist and why the low profile? Personally don't mind this loss because Justice deserved to have his day!!!! Coaching changes in a successful program doesn't make a lot of sense to me....

No new coach at the game?....really?...hmmm...a coach does not attend the game what gives? ...Congrats ER.
Congrats ER
Congrats to Coach Justice & the Warriors! Wins with a "touch of revenge" are always sweet! Coach Justice is a great coach and they are lucky to have him there! Good luck!
Letcher Central 6 18 11 14 9 58

East Ridge 11 10 14 14 12 61

Letcher Central (0-1) -- Whitaker 2, Johnson 18, Roark 16, Cornett 15, Gose 5, Brock 1, Ballow 1.
East Ridge (2-0) -- Fields 14, Williams 14, Lawson 5, Herrell 2, McClanahan 21, Coleman 5.
Kentucky.com
Very entertaining game to watch as a fan.Conrats to Coach Justice for a good win.He will make ER a very competitive team when all is said and done. It was worth the price of admission to watch his son Cameron in the JV game. He is gonna be special. I think he is as good a 7th grader as I have seen. Back to the varsity- both teams had opportunities and it went down to the wire. LCC had no answer for the big kid when he just caught it down low and stuck it in.Thought Johnson played well for LCC and Roark hit a couple of big baskets. Thought ER"s kids showed tremendous heart in the clutch and pulled it out in the end. Great start in this young season. Good luck to both
Congrats ER
Good opener for LCC on the road. Both teams were spotty in their execution. Could be understood in an opener. FT shooting needs to improve on both sides. Coach Justice and Hammonds both had some anguishing moments. Hustle from both teams was evident throughout. ER is going to struggle when McClanahan goes to the bench. Lawson, Fields, and Williams must eliminate unforced turnovers. Coach Justice will correct their mistakes.
LCC got some much needed scoring from Roark off the bench. Cornett had an effort after being ill most of the week. Must get some inside scoring from somewhere.
Both teams will improve as year goes along. Congrats to ER and Coach Justice!
LCC lost quite a bit didnt they?
Yes they did.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Lcc, didn't look real good, but what we have to remember is ,we had two players on the floor most of the game that this was their first varsity game with any real significant playing time in Whitaker, and Ballou, Roark didnt play a lot last year, This is a very young team, and I think we will be alright by mid season, the kids are learning a new system, we will lose some games but we will be fine !!!!
I feel like this was a good showing for LCC in a losing cause. On paper, East Ridge should have give them a drubbing as LCC has no returning starters and East Ridge returned the nucleus of their team and it was on their home floor. They also had one game under their belt. If you criticize Coach Hammonds for this loss, you obviously lack basketball intelligence.
lil dog Wrote:Lcc, didn't look real good, but what we have to remember is ,we had two players on the floor most of the game that this was their first varsity game with any real significant playing time in Whitaker, and Ballou, Roark didnt play a lot last year, This is a very young team, and I think we will be alright by mid season, the kids are learning a new system, we will lose some games but we will be fine !!!!

They had very little JV experience last year.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:I feel like this was a good showing for LCC in a losing cause. On paper, East Ridge should have give them a drubbing as LCC has no returning starters and East Ridge returned the nucleus of their team and it was on their home floor. They also had one game under their belt. If you criticize Coach Hammonds for this loss, you obviously lack basketball intelligence.

Did I miss something in the other posts?
There are a couple of sarcastic posts concerning Coach Hammonds earlier in this thread.
If memory serves me correctly, Kendall and Brian started every Jv game last year. Varsity is just a different speed and physical type of play. I think LCC gave a right-good account of themselves last night. LCC will get better as the season goes along and they get experience. Cornett saw a lot of varsity action last year and Logan had become a vital pert of the rotation." Goose saw limited action as did Trenton. I don't know where the comments about Hammonds come from. In the game I watched both he and Justice coached their butts off. As I said earlier---it was a GREAT game from a basketball fan standpoint---no matter who you were rooting for.Congrats to ER and Coach Raymond Justice.Also, good job LCC and Coach Hammonds
Windsprint Wrote:If memory serves me correctly, Kendall and Brian started every Jv game last year. Varsity is just a different speed and physical type of play. I think LCC gave a right-good account of themselves last night. LCC will get better as the season goes along and they get experience. Cornett saw a lot of varsity action last year and Logan had become a vital pert of the rotation." Goose saw limited action as did Trenton. I don't know where the comments about Hammonds come from. In the game I watched both he and Justice coached their butts off. As I said earlier---it was a GREAT game from a basketball fan standpoint---no matter who you were rooting for.Congrats to ER and Coach Raymond Justice.Also, good job LCC and Coach Hammonds

I agree, Kendall,and Brian did start every JV game, and it is a different speed, and PHYSICAL, type of game, and the physical part may be what they will have to adjust to the most !!! Kendall and Brian played well, Kendall has to look for his shot, Trenton will adjust to playing point, but it will be tough in the 14th, but Trenton is a tough kid, I think by mid season we will be a good team!!! I didn't see any negative comments on either coach, I liked coach Justice and his staff, they were good to my son, and never said anything out of the way to me, Coach Hammonds, and his staff seem like good people, and have been nothing but good to my son, no matter how you look at it , it was a good win for Justice and his team, I would have much rathered Lcc would have won, but we will bounce back, and continue to get better !!!!
coolfan Wrote:Always an LCC fan, but have still not laid eyes on the new LCC coach...Does he even exist and why the low profile? Personally don't mind this loss because Justice deserved to have his day!!!! Coaching changes in a successful program doesn't make a lot of sense to me....

This has the appearance of a negative comment.
Colonels Fan Wrote:No new coach at the game?....really?...hmmm...a coach does not attend the game what gives? ...Congrats ER.

This comment may or may not be negative. It really doesn't make a lot of sense.