Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK crushes Louisville 12-1 and 13-3
The Cool Cats opened up the second semester with two big wins against long-time UK rival Louisville. The first game, played in Louisville, proved no challenge to the Cats as they rolled over UL 12-1. Hoping for a closer game Saturday night, Coach Sosnowski gave a few players, including starting goalie Drew Matichak, the night off. Amidst what is surely one of the largest crowds to ever grace the Lexington Ice Center, the Cool Cats pulled out another stomping that ended in an impressive 13-3 final.
Few people were worried about whether the Cats could pull off two more big wins after a long holiday break, and the Cool Cats started the season off big. The crowd was big, but the hits were bigger as the night was filled with numerous shots on Louisville players that left them flat on the cold ice.

"The kids really came out and impressed me tonight. Truesdale stepped up big for us allowing only three goals, and the kids got back into the rhythm of things. The only thing I worried about over the break was whether the kids would come back ready to play and have their heads in the game. They picked up right where they left off. Sosnowski stated after the game.

The Cats are off to a good start this semester with plenty more great games to come. They improved their record to 14-9-1 Saturday, and they are currently ranked 12th in their division.
Love it when UK beats UL at anything.
Heard that. The Cool Cats have a series with Purdue this coming week. Should be another good one.
Yeah I can't wait for the hockey game this weekend. I couldn't go to the Louisville game, so I plan on making up for it.
UK still has a perfect record against UL in hockey.