For Martin:

J. Johnson 14 points
T. Blackburn 11 points
T. Perry 4 points
D. James 3 points
B. Cline 2 points
J. Spence 2 points
B. Risner 1 point
Nice win Coach! I guess we lock horns again! Hard to say how many times we will play each other before the year is over!
School Admin. Wrote:Nice win Coach! I guess we lock horns again! Hard to say how many times we will play each other before the year is over!

Thanks. Hopefully we'll give you some better competition this time.

It's going to be at least 4 now, maybe 5 or 6 depending on the EC tournament after Christmas and the County Tournament.
Yeah, I know..... That's what scares me. Like I have said many times, you guys are a VERY dangerous team......
School Admin. Wrote:Yeah, I know..... That's what scares me. Like I have said many times, you guys are a VERY dangerous team......

We sure haven't shown that against you guys so far.
Coach, you and I both know you are a better team now. You also know its very hard to beat someone multiple times through the year..... You and I both know that I have plenty of reason to be worried about you!
School Admin. Wrote:Coach, you and I both know you are a better team now. You also know its very hard to beat someone multiple times through the year..... You and I both know that I have plenty of reason to be worried about you!

I hope that old adage, "the third time's the charm", is true this time.

When do you guys play again?
LOL Tuesday, against you! Belfry canceled on us and we couldn't get another game..... We kinda felt we would be playing you again. Brody has practiced them very hard, we need to work on some things and we need to turn our game up! We haven't played very well in our last 3 games....
School Admin. Wrote:LOL Tuesday, against you! Belfry canceled on us and we couldn't get another game..... We kinda felt we would be playing you again. Brody has practiced them very hard, we need to work on some things and we need to turn our game up! We haven't played very well in our last 3 games....

That game is Wednesday night now.

We play Whitesburg at Whitesburg on Monday.
OK, I guess our next game is Wednesday. I think you have a clear advantage over Whitesburg.
School Admin. Wrote:OK, I guess our next game is Wednesday. I think you have a clear advantage over Whitesburg.

Depends on which team shows up.
I think you are a better team when Cody is the leading scorer. It just opens everything up for everyone on the floor.
Belfry is going to Martin Co. on monday!
hootie Wrote:I think you are a better team when Cody is the leading scorer. It just opens everything up for everyone on the floor.

I agree with that, but when others knock down shots (or particularly when they are scoring on drives to the basket) things open up more for Cody to go one on one.
hootie Wrote:i think you are a better team when cody is the leading scorer. It just opens everything up for everyone on the floor.
leading scorer, yes, but not the only scorer. Some games cody so dominates the scoring others seem to let him do all the scoring and don't give their maximum effort to score also, in my opinion.
dortonite Wrote:leading scorer, yes, but not the only scorer. Some games cody so dominates the scoring others seem to let him do all the scoring and don't give their maximum effort to score also, in my opinion.
Cody has to work really hard for what he gets (He gets hit a lot) and our boys work with him, our other big scorer included.
I agree that other players do open up things for him, but when you have someone that is 6'9 then it has to start inside and then out. Dorton should never have a game that he doesn't score in double figures. Everyone should look for this kid off the drive. I would have loved to have played with a 6'9 kid. A good player will compliment that. I have family on that team and I tell him the same thing so my comments are not directed toward any one kid. I think that once the kids understand this then they will be an even harder team to defend. I said the same thing last year. Again this team is a very dangerous team. All the hard work that Randy has put in as well as the kids is going to pay off. Good luck Dorton.
hootie Wrote:I agree that other players do open up things for him, but when you have someone that is 6'9 then it has to start inside and then out. Dorton should never have a game that he doesn't score in double figures. Everyone should look for this kid off the drive. I would have loved to have played with a 6'9 kid. A good player will compliment that. I have family on that team and I tell him the same thing so my comments are not directed toward any one kid. I think that once the kids understand this then they will be an even harder team to defend. I said the same thing last year. Again this team is a very dangerous team. All the hard work that Randy has put in as well as the kids is going to pay off. Good luck Dorton.

I agree with everything you said. One thing about Cody, is that he has some games where he doesn't work nearly as hard to get the ball. The only times he doesn't score in double figures are when the other team has a big, strong guy to defend him or when he is double teamed.
Is this a 6'9" middle school player? What school is that?
The school is Dorton, and Coach Davis is guiding this young man in the right direction, we are all excited about the team and their soon to be effect on Shelby Valley basketball and then on and on. Would love to see a Dorton Wildcat playing as a UK wildcat in the future!!!
Congrats Dorton on the win. GO BIG RED :flame: