Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(4)Kentucky 64 - (14)Conneticut 61
Wall was amazing down the stretch. Dyson and Walker are tough guards to play against. I saw were a poster said they was they best team in the nation, well there not. But they have the potential to be. IDK what we do in our half court offense. Mostly just stand there and wait for Bledsoe or Wall to do something. Why not give the ball to Patterson on the post more?
You couldn't really rely on Pat in the last few minutes after he'd went down with a slight injury earlier. You wouldn't want that kind of pressure on him with being hurt. Wall is the man, he can make the big shots, so just put the ball in his hand and either UK wins or dies that way. I can live with Wall missing a game winning shot over trying to force it inside to a not 100% Patterson.
PC_You_Know Wrote:You couldn't really rely on Pat in the last few minutes after he'd went down with a slight injury earlier. You wouldn't want that kind of pressure on him with being hurt. Wall is the man, he can make the big shots, so just put the ball in his hand and either UK wins or dies that way. I can live with Wall missing a game winning shot over trying to force it inside to a not 100% Patterson.

I understand that. But they was stretches in the game were we went on droughts and PP was getting no touches. Espcially with Wall out for most the first half, PP has to get the ball on the block.
If Patterson was in the game, he needed to be on the block demanding the ball and then I think it opens it up for Wall to drive and dish... However, we're forgetting that Cousins was a totally different player in the 2nd half than the 1st half.... He ended up with a double/double.... However, the potential is there for him to be dominant, did anyone see the spin move to the baseline where he dunked it over his head, that was BIG TIME!!!!
Navajo4life Wrote:I agree with most of the fouls, but the one on Orton when he was taking a charge was total BS...... Then UConn comes down the floor and runs a player over and then they call a block, same freaking call, but both goes UConn way..... However, great, great, great win for the CATS.... Over Winter Break, they will gel and they will be a total different team... It did not help that Patrick turned his ankle and was not in the offense down the stretch

I agree the call on Orton was bad, but the rest of the game was not too bad.
Stardust Wrote:Do you think the game slows down when Wall is off the floor because Bledsoe is not an up tempo player, or because Bledsoe is still hurting from the ankle. I agree with you though, without Wall, we are average at best.

For anyone to think that there is any chance of Wall being a Sophomore in college, they should look to the last two games to realize, this kid will be driving a Bentley next season.

Bledsoe IS an up tempo player but not as much as Wall. I think Bledsoe's problem is that right now he is a Follower instead of a Leader, because you will notice that Bledsoe plays better when Wall is in the game! I'm not doggin or saying anything to downgrade Bledsoe but it almost seems that he's is kinda lost when he has to be the one to lead the team at PG.
I keep seeing all this talk about kansas and there mad skills. Who have they played thats worth a dime? Nobody. They showed there schedule last night and labeled it a cakewalk.
PC_You_Know Wrote:John Wall might be the second coming.

They do call him "Blue Jesus" on TCP...lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Another interesting tidbit....in the last 5 days UK has played and beaten half of last years Final Four!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Wildcatk23 Wrote:I keep seeing all this talk about kansas and there mad skills. Who have they played thats worth a dime? Nobody. They showed there schedule last night and labeled it a cakewalk.

I agree 100%..Playing tough games early in the season makes you better for conference play and in March..I just don't think they'll be a number 1 team by that time with the schedule they have.

As for the cats, WOW!!!!....Mr. Clutch, John Wall simply amazing.
theVILLE Wrote:when you have 3 of your top players or 3 of the 4 guards you play you are going to get beat...as long as they are out louisville will get beat...Congrats to UK on the win though...Shocked me that it was a low scoring game between those teams..UK is streaky right now though...Although wall had 7 or 8 turnovers he is still great player

make excuses with the team we had last yr it took a guy who barely played 2 beat us at louisville. and u did say it was kentuckys time 2 lose last night good call on that
he is the #1 Diaper Dandy in the country baby, he came as advertised
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
John Wall equals Amazing.

That kid is for real!!

Congrats to UK
Amun-Ra Wrote:Ville I posted this in another thread to which you did not respond.....

"If UK wins will you not post in anymore UK threads the rest of the season? Seriously.

I mean it's their time to get beat? Why? UNC forced a lot of turnovers too but they lost and if Wall doesnt go out they lose by 25. "

Since we won will you kindly do this. I mean even in your last staement you still had to try and get a shot in, "Although wall had 7 or 8 turnovers he is still great player ". Dude give it a break.

Wow, I forgot to compare him to "GOD" my bad...:eyeroll:I gave him props he is an amazing ball player and is the real deal...he is as advertised..All besides the 7-10 turnovers he has a game...His out side shooting is not the best but is getting better...But Im sorry im not going to say he is god or the blue jesus or something!!!So are you saying if wall wasnt there they would be 9-0...Your coach is saying they are 4-5..he thinks they should ahve a losing record..."they are just getting lucky, it will run out"John Calapari said!!!!Yes UK is "OK" and will get better as the year goes on...By march they could win a banner...As for you question if UK wins the national championship then i will not post on here any more
phoeniXX Wrote:I agree 100%..Playing tough games early in the season makes you better for conference play and in March..I just don't think they'll be a number 1 team by that time with the schedule they have.

As for the cats, WOW!!!!....Mr. Clutch, John Wall simply amazing.

I agree unless you are playing in a tough conference as kansas is...
Why did memphis do so well??
theVILLE Wrote:Wow, I forgot to compare him to "GOD" my bad...:eyeroll:I gave him props he is an amazing ball player and is the real deal...he is as advertised..All besides the 7-10 turnovers he has a game...His out side shooting is not the best but is getting better...But Im sorry im not going to say he is god or the blue jesus or something!!!So are you saying if wall wasnt there they would be 9-0...Your coach is saying they are 4-5..he thinks they should ahve a losing record..."they are just getting lucky, it will run out"John Calapari said!!!!Yes UK is "OK" and will get better as the year goes on...By march they could win a banner...As for you question if UK wins the national championship then i will not post on here any more

Well you have predicted UK to lose about six games now and they haven't lost a single one. So where is your credibility?

By the way, Wall doesn't average 7-10 turnovers per game. He averages a little under 5. I'm pretty sure that the 7 assists that he averages per game overrides that turnover average. :biggrin:
I love it!! Get over it theville!!!!! UK is better than those stinky cards and always are gonna be!!!!
theVILLE Wrote:I agree unless you are playing in a tough conference as kansas is...
Why did memphis do so well??

plz tell me you arent seriously saying kansas is in a tough conference? my god, texas is the only team worth worrying about, they have 2 more teams in the top 25 but that will be out the window soon as they play a decent team. look at this schedule? are you kidding me?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/teams/sche...eamId=2305

2 ranked teams. play texas and tennessee. and tenn isnt nothing special. i mean really? that is the weakest schedule ive ever seen. and i feel sorry for lville cuz they are gonna be lucky to finish top 10 in the big east. poor birds.
God, I love UK.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Well you have predicted UK to lose about six games now and they haven't lost a single one. So where is your credibility?

By the way, Wall doesn't average 7-10 turnovers per game. He averages a little under 5. I'm pretty sure that the 7 assists that he averages per game overrides that turnover average. :biggrin:

Ok big deal
theVILLE Wrote:Ok big deal

:biggrin:TongueirateSho
Stardust Wrote:All Wall tonight. Kid steps up in the limelight, and shines. Scarry thing for me is that this team is all Wall. With no Wall, we are very average. We also are going to have to have a three point shooter before this season ends.

Cats played very streaky, but give it up to a very game UConn team. All the false hope after UConn's game against Harvard was unfounded. They are good!

A win is a Win baby!

The bulls with no Jordan wouldn't of been the team they were either. I think if wall went down bledsoe would stepup and play just like he did in the morehead st game.