Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Red Sox trade Renteria to the Braves
just seen it on EPSN....dont know who for but the braves just got a very good and underrated SS....and it didnt take them long to fill the whole with Furcal now out in L.A.
Nice pickup for the Braves.
He may be underrated, but he's paid $10 million a season. I'd say that is not underpaid.
Braves always find away to get the players they need and want.
good pickup for the braves. the sox are already looking into miguel tejada who recently said he wanted traded from Baltimore
I really don't have a problem with this trade if your a Red Soxs fan.....

Andy Marte is by far one of the top 5 prospects in baseball.

2004 he had a .889 OPS (.364 OBP, .526 SLG)
2005 he had a .878 OPS (.372 OBP, .506 SLG)

Renteria is historically a great defense SS, but he had 30 errors last year. And I think his best offensive days are behind him.

His best offensive years in major categories...

Average:.330 in 2003 (.276 in 2005)
Hits:194 in 2003 (172 in 2005)
HR:16 in 2000 (8 in 2005)
RBI:100 in 2003 (80 in 2005)
SB: 41 in 1998 (9 in 2005)
OBP: .394 in 2003 (.335 in 2005)
SLG: .480 in 2003 (.385 in 2005)

The Braves are banking that Edgar goes back into his National League form, but in reality, I believe he is a player that hit his peak in 2003, and is on his downside, both offensive, and with last year's stats, defensively.

Marte is a hot shot prospect with a very very high probability of producing quality numbers if not next year, then the next.
good pickup for the braves but i still dont think that will replace furcal
this may be the player they needed to win the world series !
rumor is going around that Nomar might be going back to Boston...has anyone else heard about this?
My team, the braves, finally pick up a shortstop after Furcal leaving. I think this was a good aquisition for the team. Now the staff needs to focus on another starting pitcher and a closer because they didn't seem to have one who could get the job done last year. Farnsworth was good but just didn't seem to have it in the playoffs. Maybe he just needed some seasoning though. I think the Braves biggest problem will be losing Rockin' Leo. That was a tough blow to the organization. Bobby Cox, one of the best managers in the game, will find a way to get it done.