Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th Region Middle School Tournament Semifinals: Dorton 48 Virgie 45 OT
Another great game between Dorton and Virgie. Definitely an instant classic.

For Dorton:

Cody Belter 25 points, 17 rebounds, 7 blocks
Owen Caudill 15 points, 3 steals
Zach Cantrell 4 points, 9 rebounds, 4 assists
Jesse Lucas 2 points, 4 assists, 5 rebounds
Estil Bentley 2 points, 2 rebounds
Victor Fouts 2 assists, 2 steals, 2 rebounds
Zack Tackett also played some key minutes off the bench

For Virgie:

Dalton Richardson 23 points
Chandler Rowe 9 points
Mason Bowling 7 points
Andrew Newsome 4 points
John Johnson 2 points
good game
Another good game between Dorton and Virgie this one could have went either way to, with Dorton trailing by two in regulation Caudill hit a big shot at the buzzer to send it to OT. Both teams then traded baskets in OT with Caudill hitting two key free throws with 4.6 seconds to go up by 3 and seal the game. Congrats on the win Dorton, looks as if the Eagles are beatable don't it.:Thumbs:
Cody Belter played like a man tonite. Owen big shot to send it to OT and big game. Great game to win with so many turnovers. That's the way to keep your heads up and get back in the game. Coach has expected this kind of play all year and playing good teams is paying off.
Coach I would be happy with another 48-45 score wouldnt you? With Dorton 48 that is .So odd two night in a row that you have same score......LOL
LadyCat12 Wrote:Coach I would be happy with another 48-45 score wouldnt you? With Dorton 48 that is .So odd two night in a row that you have same score......LOL

I would definitely be happy with that. I hadn't realized the scores were the same.
Scary thing about these games are that most of these kids are going to end up at Valley together and feed an already strong program.
TRUBLX3 Wrote:Scary thing about these games are that most of these kids are going to end up at Valley together and feed an already strong program.

If all these 7th and 8th grade boys (plus Chandler Rowe who is a 6th grader) end up playing at SV, they could be really tough again in about 2 or 3 years.
Good one tonight thought Belter looked very good, he pretty much dominated the paint and Caudill hit some very big shots to beat a solid Virgie team. Just curious though, I know it is a big rivalry between Dorton and Virgie but what is with some of the attitudes of some of the Virgie players(particularly one). It's not very good sportsmanship at all, he seems to always be questioning calls or gesturing to someone on the court or in the stands and it may have came back to bite him tonight. Whether you win or lose there is a right and wrong way to play the game and I hope they figure it out because they have the potential to be a good ballplayer, so just play the game and remember most of these boys will be playing together before long so don't burn too many bridges. Congrats to Dorton on the win, and remember to play hard with the right attitudes and good things will happen. GO CATS!!!!:Clap::Clap:
i thought it was a very good game.when we play virgie,its goin 2 be a close game probably no matter what.i think all of the players from both teams try 2 be friends and i know that i have a bunch of friends from virgie.im exicited 2 see what comes next for our season
Great game by both teams!!! Hope coach Rowe gets better soon!!! No need to talk about attitudes because it goes both ways!!!!!
EagleDad Wrote:Great game by both teams!!! Hope coach Rowe gets better soon!!! No need to talk about attitudes because it goes both ways!!!!!

I have to agree with 2hard2guard on this one I personally have seen both teams play more than a couple of times and can honestly say that it is not both ways. I have never seen any of Dorton's boys start with the attitudes and they show very little emotion(winning or losing)not like some of the boys from Virgie does one in particular and it's not just against Dorton but against about everbody they play. Virgie has a very good team, so I would say just to play ball and do it the right way there is no need for it.:blabbermo
Congrats to Dorton and Coach Davis. Nice win.
This was a nice win against a very good Virgie team. Even though Cody Belter and Caudill dominated the stats others showed up as well and played hard. Good win coach and team. Go Wildcats!
Congrats on the win wildcats.:flame: