Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Betsy Layne 58 - Adams 29 (Shag Campbell Tournament)
Final
good job betsy layne hold backs
Congrats Bobcats!
Congrats BL
There it goes again!!!!

"good job betsy layne holdbacks by bballer96"

Just to let you know, I'm from Betsy Layne and I'm very offended by the attitude that some of fans and PARENTS have taken about our team. All players are within the guidelines. Our eighth graders are 14 years old, are yours--------check and see!!!!!!

It was just so very rude of the Blackcat parents telling their players, "That's alright you're playing against freshmen---------NOT-----They are eighth graders, just like your team.

I guess you that are doing the talking are just sore losers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It makes YOU look so bad to everyone especially the players.

This post is only to those who were acting stupid running their mouth against the players.
We need to reallize that Betsy Layne, Allen Central, Wesley Christian School, South Floyd, Adams all have holdbacks. This is not anyones business except for the parents of these athletes, and the KHSAA. If they meet the guidlines to play gradeschool ball and highschool ball that is all that matters. Betsy Layne has done nothing that every other school has done. They all meet the necessary guidelines and I suggest that everyone moves on!!!
Congrats Bobcats!!!!
Folks, Betsy Layne is just good. They've got some holdbacks, but if I recall right (and I do), they pretty much had there way with the county teams last year, before they got heldback. BL has great players, and a great coach, and are overall a great team. No need to start problems during the game. I've witnessed some real stupidity this last week during the Shag Campbell. Its not the Tournament, or the teams, its the parents and the fans. People, Watch the games and enjoy, and if you cant, just dont show up.
GREAT POST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good Luck To All The Teams.
I also thought the site administrator said that anyone talking about holdbacks at BLE would be denied access to the form?
Give it a rest. The holdback talk is old ! Every school that wants to do so has the same rights as Betsy Layne. Watch and see what happens at the state tournament this year when we (Floyd County) finally play on a level playing field ! Congrats Bobcats on the win ! We played like a tired team last night, but most of the credit should go to BL for that.....
[COLOR="Blue"]Betsy Layne stats:
Peyton Case--30 points, 8 reb, 4 steals, 2 assists
Dylan Hamilton--14 points, 10 reb, 3 assists, 2 blocks
Chase Hall--4 points, 3 reb, 1 steal
Dustin Rogers--2 points, 1 reb, 3 assist, 4 steals
Brandon Akers--2 points, 1 reb
Lako Daniels--2 points, 1 assist, 2 steals
Austin Burchette--2 points, 2 reb, 1 assist
Dylan Justice--2 point

Good effort Blackcats, they always come prepared with good gameplan. A well coached team.

Coach Howard[/COLOR]
Is Jarrell hurt or sick? I heard he didn't play, hope everything is alright.
cart man Wrote:Is Jarrell hurt or sick? I heard he didn't play, hope everything is alright.

He's had the stomach virus, and wasnt able to play last night. But he will be back in action tonight, along with his teammates as they take on AC. Come out and enjoy the show. :popcorn:
cart man Wrote:Is Jarrell hurt or sick? I heard he didn't play, hope everything is alright.

:thanks: He's been down with the stomach FLU, he'll be back tonight, thanks, for your concerns......:thanks:
Has anyone heard the score to the BL and SF game
Reanimate Wrote:Folks, Betsy Layne is just good. They've got some holdbacks, but if I recall right (and I do), they pretty much had there way with the county teams last year, before they got heldback. BL has great players, and a great coach, and are overall a great team. No need to start problems during the game. I've witnessed some real stupidity this last week during the Shag Campbell. Its not the Tournament, or the teams, its the parents and the fans. People, Watch the games and enjoy, and if you cant, just dont show up.
I totally agree that Betsy Layne had an outstanding basketball team prior to this season. They are a very talented group of young men. I think the sad part of all this is that most of the comments made in this forum and during any game are a result of their parents' actions and behaviors and not the players themselves. I personally witnessed this behavior during football season and it has only worsened during basketball. I wish Betsy Layne much luck during the rest of the season- it's always great to see a Floyd County team do so well!
I dont understand how the parents act? I dont see how they act any different than parents from any other team they play.
congrats betsy layne