Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shag Campbell results from Monday night...
Allen Central defeated Paintsville 8th grade team in a hard fault battle. They will not get the winner of Betsy Layne and Adams.

Allen defeated Paintsville 7th grade team by one point in one of the most entertaining games I have seen in a long time. Congradulations to Tracy and the Eagles who showed a lot of heart tonight, being down by 11 in the third quarter and then hitting big shot after shot in the fourth quarter, one of which was a free throw with 4 seconds to go to give them a one point lead.
One of the most entertaining nights of Basketball I have attended in awhile. Allen Central and Paintsville was a good game, and was close to the end. And My Eagles battling back to get the win in there game just topped it all off. Everyone from Allen gave a nice effort tonight. Corey Dillon being the floor general and being a leader really helped. Jacob Woods coming off the bench and getting 4 points near the end of the game really helped as well. And gotta give congrats to Johnathon Mullins who was CLUTCH in the last 4-5 minutes. Getting some really clutch steals, and getting the foul on the made basket with like 5 seconds left, then hitting the free throw that gave Allen the 1 point lead, and eventually sealed the deal. Mullins was MVP in this game imo. Congrats to both Allen and Allen Central on there wins tonight!
So proud of my boys. They played with tremendous heart. Gotta keep working. The atmosphere was awesome, we have the best fans in the world!! Jonathan Mullins lead us with 17 points 3 rebounds 1 assist and 2 steals with the game clenching free throw with 6 seconds left. Cory Grigsby had 4 points and 5 rebounds. Braxton Tibbs had 15 points, 3 rebounds, 2 assists. Cory Dylan, 3 points 7 assists. Jacob Woods 4 points and 2 rebounds. The whole team had loads of heart to come back from being down 12 points in the 4th quarter and winning this game. Congratulations to Allen Central on their win. Don't forget games can be watched on the school website live. Tomorrow nights games are Mullins vs. South Floyd at 6:00 and Adams vs. Betsy Layne at 7:30. Should be a great night of basketball. We still have T Shirts for sale for $5.00. Hope to see everyone there!!

Coach Wright
Allen Elementary
Congrats Eagles!
Congrats Eagles!