Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bobby Knight Blasts UK Coach John Calipari
Panther Thunder Wrote:People, if you're going to argue look at what I say. 98% means that not everyone became a better person. Good try though.

Not arguing your point at all, just giving my 2% of one of his diciples that didn't work out. But you may try again.
Panther Thunder Wrote:I would trust Bob Knight with my children's morals. I bet 98% of his players became better people under his watch.
Bobby Knight is a bully who abused the young men who played for him. He routinely recruited talented players who had too much self-respect to become whipping boys and transferred to play for better human beings.

Knight has a great mind for the game of basketball but he did a very poor job recruiting kids who fit his system. That is why Knight usually often found himself competing against other elite basketball programs with a less talented team.

Whatever faults Calipari has shown in the past, he has never been accused of physically assaulting his own players, nor has he ever been convicted of assaulting a police officer.

Bobby Knight is the last NCAA basketball coach who should be lecturing anybody about morality and ethical behavior.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Bobby Knight is a bully who abused the young men who played for him. He routinely recruited talented players who had too much self-respect to become whipping boys and transferred to play for better human beings.

Knight has a great mind for the game of basketball but he did a very poor job recruiting kids who fit his system. That is why Knight usually often found himself competing against other elite basketball programs with a less talented team.

Whatever faults Calipari has shown in the past, he has never been accused of physically assaulting his own players, nor has he ever been convicted of assaulting a police officer.

Bobby Knight is the last NCAA basketball coach who should be lecturing anybody about morality and ethical behavior.

Have you read all the negative stuff that his former players who have been abused by him have written? Yeah, neither have I. Parents most cherished possession is their children. If the kids were "abused", do you really think a parent is going to be afraid or intimidated by Bobby Knight? No way! Then where are all the charges that have been pressed against these abused children from the parents?
They all cheated except Tubby Smith and look how UK's stupid fans criticicized the greatest coach in the history of UK.
IMO Knight has been out of the headlines for a while, and this is his way to get some attention.
Stardust Wrote:Have you read all the negative stuff that his former players who have been abused by him have written? Yeah, neither have I. Parents most cherished possession is their children. If the kids were "abused", do you really think a parent is going to be afraid or intimidated by Bobby Knight? No way! Then where are all the charges that have been pressed against these abused children from the parents?
Heres some
http://www.aei.org/article/16619

[URL="http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketball/college/news/2000/05/10/knight_folo_ap/"]
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketb...t_folo_ap/[/URL]

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multime...night_mmc/
Benchwarmer Wrote:Heres some
http://www.aei.org/article/16619

[URL="http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketball/college/news/2000/05/10/knight_folo_ap/"]
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketb...t_folo_ap/[/URL]

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multime...night_mmc/

Pulled up some old stuff that was all reputed, all from your same sources:

Neil Reed choking:

Let's go back to that videotape again. Here's Knight: "The tape's detail in the critical area, my hand on Reed's chest, would make Zapruder look sharp and precise. What was shown was fuzzy and greatly magnified, and unexplainedly blurred in the central area: where my right hand contacted his chest -- one hand, not two, which I assume chokers customarily use ... Clearly, Reed walked away without reaching up to rub or at least touch his throat, any kind of reflex action that would indicate discomfort. There was no choke." Have you ever heard such bull****? "Because I didn't use two hands and because the tape doesn't show him writhing in agony, what everybody else saw when they looked at this tape is wrong." If you like excuses, whining and near-paranoid denial, 375 pages of it, then "Knight: My Story" is for you. Run, don't walk, to your nearest bookstore.

Steve Alford Choking:

Steve Alford in his autobiography denied Knight ever touching him inappropriated and NEVER choked him.

Daryl Thomos, who was also alleged to have been choked at teh same time as Alford denied the allegation.

Jeanette Hartgraves assualt:

The witnesses were Knights other secretaries. Hartgraves was told by Knight to stop acting like a "B" to the rest of the secretaries. They claim he never called her and FB. The School never put any crede in the claim by Hartgraves and it ended with her saying it did happen and the witnesses saying it didn't happen. In her claim she said a flower pot was thrown at her. The flower pot incident happened in Knights office where he backhanded it off of his desk, with no one in the office except Phil Vukovich, Addidas salesman who witnessed it. Hartgraves is the one who discovered the pot when she arrived to work the next day.
Stardust Wrote:Pulled up some old stuff that was all reputed, all from your same sources:

Neil Reed choking:

Let's go back to that videotape again. Here's Knight: "The tape's detail in the critical area, my hand on Reed's chest, would make Zapruder look sharp and precise. What was shown was fuzzy and greatly magnified, and unexplainedly blurred in the central area: where my right hand contacted his chest -- one hand, not two, which I assume chokers customarily use ... Clearly, Reed walked away without reaching up to rub or at least touch his throat, any kind of reflex action that would indicate discomfort. There was no choke." Have you ever heard such bull****? "Because I didn't use two hands and because the tape doesn't show him writhing in agony, what everybody else saw when they looked at this tape is wrong." If you like excuses, whining and near-paranoid denial, 375 pages of it, then "Knight: My Story" is for you. Run, don't walk, to your nearest bookstore.

Steve Alford Choking:

Steve Alford in his autobiography denied Knight ever touching him inappropriated and NEVER choked him.

Daryl Thomos, who was also alleged to have been choked at teh same time as Alford denied the allegation.

Jeanette Hartgraves assualt:

The witnesses were Knights other secretaries. Hartgraves was told by Knight to stop acting like a "B" to the rest of the secretaries. They claim he never called her and FB. The School never put any crede in the claim by Hartgraves and it ended with her saying it did happen and the witnesses saying it didn't happen. In her claim she said a flower pot was thrown at her. The flower pot incident happened in Knights office where he backhanded it off of his desk, with no one in the office except Phil Vukovich, Addidas salesman who witnessed it. Hartgraves is the one who discovered the pot when she arrived to work the next day.

You Believe all this stuff that your hear about Coach Cal Right? But yet your unwilling to admit that bobby knight is a low life scum bag or treats young men like **** because they cant win a basketball game? Especially after all the stuff we have ACTUALLY seen bobby knight do.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:You Believe all this stuff that your hear about Coach Cal Right? But yet your unwilling to admit that bobby knight is a low life scum bag or treats young men like **** because they cant win a basketball game? Especially after all the stuff we have ACTUALLY seen bobby knight do.

LOL, I'm no fan of Bobby Knight and if you go back to all my earlier posts you will see my point is about the message not the messenger. So you need not patronize me. The message that he made is clear and has accuracy to it.

I am a UK lover, it is my school and the school that I bleed blue for. This Country is my country and at country that I have bled blue for.... make you own assumption for what I mean.....
Stardust Wrote:LOL, I'm no fan of Bobby Knight and if you go back to all my earlier posts you will see my point is about the message not the messenger. So you need not patronize me. The message that he made is clear and has accuracy to it.

I am a UK lover, it is my school and the school that I bleed blue for. This Country is my country and at country that I have bled blue for.... make you own assumption for what I mean.....

Im not patronizing you. The message he made is inaccurate and absurd. Innocent until proven guilty right? We know knight uses that.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Im not patronizing you. The message he made is inaccurate and absurd. Innocent until proven guilty right? We know knight uses that.

That is completely true, and in all cases it's black or white, no in between, no edges that keeps you from being proven guilty or innocent. Just yes or no. I guess that's how it worked for OJ - not guilty means he didn't do it, right?

As for Knight, he's flawed, has major issues and has an anger issue that will completely could how clean his program was and to know that zero player elligibility issues have ever been discovered.

Hey, I want championships and I don't care how I get them! So as a fan, I have always wore my shades and always said, I don't want to know. I didn't care how Eddie Sutton got recruits as long as he could get a championship.
Stardust Wrote:That is completely true, and in all cases it's black or white, no in between, no edges that keeps you from being proven guilty or innocent. Just yes or no. I guess that's how it worked for OJ - not guilty means he didn't do it, right?

As for Knight, he's flawed, has major issues and has an anger issue that will completely could how clean his program was and to know that zero player elligibility issues have ever been discovered.

Hey, I want championships and I don't care how I get them! So as a fan, I have always wore my shades and always said, I don't want to know. I didn't care how Eddie Sutton got recruits as long as he could get a championship.

This isnt about a championship. I would rather my son be coached by someone who would help him get into college rather than someone willing to beat him to death over a a game.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:This isnt about a championship. I would rather my son be coached by someone who would help him get into college rather than someone willing to beat him to death over a a game.

Amen, no matter how he can get him in.....
bigjim4packers Wrote:He makes me sick. He got infront of an indiana crowd ( who knows what kind of bully he is) and roasted Cal. Everyone is afraid of him and what he says is gospel. He who is without sin, cast the first stone. He needs to get away from sports all together and go fish somewhere. How can you do the things he has done and say anything about anyone else.

Excellent graduation rate. Understands that a university is NOT a professional basketball franchise and that academics comes first. Clean record with the NCAA in terms of recruiting.

He's a jerk, but he's an honorable, honest jerk.
{snip}
TomSportsHack Wrote:Excellent graduation rate. Understands that a university is NOT a professional basketball franchise and that academics comes first. Clean record with the NCAA in terms of recruiting.

Truest statement on here so far.
TomSportsHack Wrote:Excellent graduation rate. Understands that a university is NOT a professional basketball franchise and that academics comes first. Clean record with the NCAA in terms of recruiting.

:Thumbs:

:Thumbs::Thumbs:
i would like to say that bob knight has no business to talk about integrity. coach cal might have some skeletons in his closet, but at least he's never laid his hand on 1 of his players
Bobby Knight is the worst to ever.
On a side note though, Bob Knight is the man!
aslan Wrote:on a side note though, bob knight is the man!

lmao
Stardust Wrote:Have you read all the negative stuff that his former players who have been abused by him have written? Yeah, neither have I. Parents most cherished possession is their children. If the kids were "abused", do you really think a parent is going to be afraid or intimidated by Bobby Knight? No way! Then where are all the charges that have been pressed against these abused children from te parents?
I don't need to do any reading on the subject - I watched this jerk over the years and listened to him whine after every loss. Then there is that little matter involving a Puerto Rican policeman in which Knight was tried and convicted in absentia because Puerto Rico was unable to get Knight extradited. Knight has his good points but to call him an honorable man is a bit of a stretch and he has no moral standing to condemn Calipari.

Coaches have no right to lay their hands on players in anger. Period.