Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If Global Warming is FALSE convince me.
If you think Global Warming is not a real .... Why?
Look outside!!!! Just ask those still without electricity due to the snowstorm. :biggrin:
ImagineThat! Wrote:Look outside!!!! Just ask those still without electricity due to the snowstorm. :biggrin:

lol, good point
ImagineThat! Wrote:Look outside!!!! Just ask those still without electricity due to the snowstorm. :biggrin:

Or u could look at the drowning polar bears?
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Or u could look at the drowning polar bears?
but isn't there more polar bears today than the last 50 years?
Is anyone going to address the topic with anything other than nonsense?
DevilsWin Wrote:Is anyone going to address the topic with anything other than nonsense?

Well, DevilsWin, I'll address nonsense (Global Warming, I mean Global Hoax) with nonsense.
Every science professor I've had at UK and EKU has said that global warming is real, and is caused by humans. They have also said that the scientific consensus follows suit as well.

The IPCC (Intergovernment Panel on Climate Change, which was formed by the UN) has said this:

- Warming of the climate system is unequivocal.

- Most of the observed increase in globally averaged temperatures since the mid-20th century is very likely due to the observed increase in anthropogenic (human) greenhouse gas concentrations.

- Anthropogenic warming and sea level rise would continue for centuries due to the timescales associated with climate processes and feedbacks, even if greenhouse gas concentrations were to be stabilized, although the likely amount of temperature and sea level rise varies greatly depending on the fossil intensity of human activity during the next century (pages 13 and 18).

- The probability that this is caused by natural climatic processes alone is less than 5%.
World temperatures could rise by between 1.1 and 6.4 °C (2.0 and 11.5 °F) during the 21st century (table 3) and that:
Sea levels will probably rise by 18 to 59 cm (7.08 to 23.22 in) [table 3].

- There is a confidence level >90% that there will be more frequent warm spells, heat waves and heavy rainfall.

- There is a confidence level >66% that there will be an increase in droughts, tropical cyclones and extreme high tides.

- Both past and future anthropogenic carbon dioxide emissions will continue to contribute to warming and sea level rise for more than a millennium.

- Global atmospheric concentrations of carbon dioxide, methane, and nitrous oxide have increased markedly as a result of human activities since 1750 and now far exceed pre-industrial values over the past 650,000 years

Personally, I don't know whether it's really happening or if this is just a natural cycle, but I can say that the general consensus among scientists is that global warming is happening and is caused by humans.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ComfortEagle Wrote:Every science professor I've had at UK and EKU has said that global warming is real, and is caused by humans. They have also said that the scientific consensus follows suit as well.

The IPCC (Intergovernment Panel on Climate Change, which was formed by the UN) has said this:

- Warming of the climate system is unequivocal.

- Most of the observed increase in globally averaged temperatures since the mid-20th century is very likely due to the observed increase in anthropogenic (human) greenhouse gas concentrations.

- Anthropogenic warming and sea level rise would continue for centuries due to the timescales associated with climate processes and feedbacks, even if greenhouse gas concentrations were to be stabilized, although the likely amount of temperature and sea level rise varies greatly depending on the fossil intensity of human activity during the next century (pages 13 and 18).

- The probability that this is caused by natural climatic processes alone is less than 5%.
World temperatures could rise by between 1.1 and 6.4 °C (2.0 and 11.5 °F) during the 21st century (table 3) and that:
Sea levels will probably rise by 18 to 59 cm (7.08 to 23.22 in) [table 3].

- There is a confidence level >90% that there will be more frequent warm spells, heat waves and heavy rainfall.

- There is a confidence level >66% that there will be an increase in droughts, tropical cyclones and extreme high tides.

- Both past and future anthropogenic carbon dioxide emissions will continue to contribute to warming and sea level rise for more than a millennium.

- Global atmospheric concentrations of carbon dioxide, methane, and nitrous oxide have increased markedly as a result of human activities since 1750 and now far exceed pre-industrial values over the past 650,000 years

Personally, I don't know whether it's really happening or if this is just a natural cycle, but I can say that the general consensus among scientists is that global warming is happening and is caused by humans.

Hmmmm, if scientist are so sold, then why manipulate the data?
nky Wrote:but isn't there more polar bears today than the last 50 years?

I just seen a picture of a polar bear drowning Sad, So I Posted That,

Global Warmings effect has serious consequences for all living organisms, but it is of especially great concern for the polar bear. According to the U.S. Geological Survey Office, reduction in sea ice in the Arctic can see a loss of 2/3rds of the entire word’s Polar Bear population over the next 50 years. But yes there is more polar bears now. Some scientist believe that the warming creates a better enviroment for the polar bears main food resources. which is why there is more.
FWIW, if anyone's interested, there's a show on Tru TV right now called "Conspiracy Theory." This episode deals with a "Global Warming Conspiracy." Check it out if you can, it's on for the next 40 minutes or so.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]