Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Kentucky Make the NCAA Tournament?
They have struggled against opponents that shouldn't have. They have no quality big man. The team lacks toughness. They have no go to scorer. Their best shooter is slow and and undersized. Their defense isn't creating turnovers. They are getting embarrassed by an average Indiani team. They have to -play a tough UL team next week. To me it seems a SEC title is out of the question. I'd be surprised if this years Kentucky team wins 5 games in the SEC play.

IMO this years Kentucky team will finish with a 500 season and miss out on the NCAA tournament for the first time in many years.
And NO I'm not turning my back on the Cats. I'm just telling the facts. This team is going to struggle. I will be watching and continue cheering on the Cats. I hope they can get turned around and have a descent season.
I only see a couple of games on the remaining schedule that KY should be able to dominate. Iona and Central Florida and Im not too sure about either of those at this point. Especially how tough some of the mid majors have been playing.

12-17-2005 Sat Louisville (CBS) Lexington, Ky. 02:00 pm
12-23-2005 Fri Iona (FSN#) Louisville, Ky. 07:00 pm
12-30-2005 Fri Ohio (ESPN2) Cincinnati, Ohio 08:00 pm
01-03-2006 Tue Central Florida (FSN#) Lexington, Ky. 07:00 pm
01-07-2006 Sat Kansas (ESPN) Lawrence, Kan. 12:00 pm
01-10-2006 Tue Vanderbilt (ESPN) Lexington, Ky. 09:00 pm
01-14-2006 Sat Alabama (CBS) Lexington, Ky. 01:00 pm
01-17-2006 Tue Georgia (ESPN) Athens, Ga. 09:00 pm
01-21-2006 Sat South Carolina (JP) Lexington, Ky. 01:00 pm
01-24-2006 Tue Auburn (ESPN) Auburn, Ala. 07:00 pm
01-29-2006 Sun Arkansas (CBS) Lexington, Ky. 01:00 pm
02-01-2006 Wed Mississippi State (JP) Starkville, Miss. 08:00 pm
02-04-2006 Sat Florida (ESPN2) Gainesville, Fla. 09:00 pm
02-07-2006 Tue Tennessee (ESPN) Lexington, Ky. 07:00 pm
02-11-2006 Sat Vanderbilt (JP) Nashville, Tenn. 03:00 pm
02-15-2006 Wed Georgia (JP) Lexington, Ky. 08:00 pm
02-18-2006 Sat South Carolina (CBS) Columbia, S.C. 01:30 pm
02-22-2006 Wed Ole Miss (JP) Lexington, Ky. 08:00 pm
02-25-2006 Sat LSU (CBS) Baton Rouge, La. 03:45 pm
03-01-2006 Wed Tennessee (JP) Knoxville, Tenn. 08:00 pm
03-05-2006 Sun Florida (CBS) Lexington, Ky. 12:00 pm

I have the games I think Kentucky will win highlighted in red!

My prediction is Kentucky will finish 16-15
I think UK will be just fine come tourney time im hoping but I dont see them going too far into the tourney as they will most likley be a 5-7 seed
No matter what its going to be a long long season.
I totally agree, with every statement above. They will make the NCAA tourney, but as a 5 seed or lower (lower:5-16).
No offense to you qq, and I know how bad today's loss was...It was awful..I've never been so disgusted with a UK team in my entire life....I for one pointed out early in the season that no post game would hurt us bad, before the Iowa game I called Iowa to win and people thought I was crazy for it...But I was right after all...

With a 16-15 record UK would be a bubble team, and most likely miss out on the NCAA tournament, but trust me when I say it's not going to happen..I know after today it would seem that way, but Kentucky still has too much talent to just throw the season away..No post game will hurt UK the rest of the way, but I seriously doubt two losses to Tennesee who only has Loften, and I know they're like 7-0 right now, but they havent played anyone in the top 50 and barely squeaked by App. State and Murray State...And I know Georgia has only lost 1 game, and beat a decent Ga. Tech team but they also only have very few players on a scholorship and lost to Old Dominion earlier this season and EKU played them close the whole game....We have no excuse not to beat Kansas, this is their worst team in years and they don't have much of an inside presense....

I also have to question you calling Indiana a decent team, and yes I do know they lost to Indiana State, but most people don't know how hard it is to play in their place...Indiana State isn't a bad team, and Indiana was in between Duke and Kentucky so it's easy to lose your head for a couple of hours when you play two of the best programs all time within a week's span...Indiana played Duke close the whole way, and Duke blew Texas out today...Indiana is a serious contender for the Big Ten title this year and could make it to the final four easily with Killingsworth playing that way....

I know this isn't the team from 02-03, but UK started 6-3 that season with losses to a pretty bad Virginia team, and an embarrassing loss to Louisville at Rupp Arena and people questioned if UK would make it the tournament that year...Well they won 26 games in a row after that, and by no means am I saying that UK will do that, but they will turn the season around despite not having a true Center in the lineup...

The season is still young, and I for one still believe....To say that this team won't make the tournament is an extremely outrageous claim...I know they're not going to dominate the SEC but they'll be fine...UK isn't going to go to the gutter, Tubby is too good and we have too much talent to let that happen..UK will go to the tournament no doubt...They'll be fine...
I think just off of tradition, UK gets a nod from the committee above many other teams who may be better. UK won't have a problem making the tourney.
They shouldnt and maybe just maybe they can turn there season around.
right now bubble team but if they keep playing the way they are playing now then they will easily be kicked off the roster by someone else.
"alfus21" Wrote:No offense to you qq, and I know how bad today's loss was...It was awful..I've never been so disgusted with a UK team in my entire life....I for one pointed out early in the season that no post game would hurt us bad, before the Iowa game I called Iowa to win and people thought I was crazy for it...But I was right after all...

With a 16-15 record UK would be a bubble team, and most likely miss out on the NCAA tournament, but trust me when I say it's not going to happen..I know after today it would seem that way, but Kentucky still has too much talent to just throw the season away..No post game will hurt UK the rest of the way, but I seriously doubt two losses to Tennesee who only has Loften, and I know they're like 7-0 right now, but they havent played anyone in the top 50 and barely squeaked by App. State and Murray State...And I know Georgia has only lost 1 game, and beat a decent Ga. Tech team but they also only have very few players on a scholorship and lost to Old Dominion earlier this season and EKU played them close the whole game....We have no excuse not to beat Kansas, this is their worst team in years and they don't have much of an inside presense....

I also have to question you calling Indiana a decent team, and yes I do know they lost to Indiana State, but most people don't know how hard it is to play in their place...Indiana State isn't a bad team, and Indiana was in between Duke and Kentucky so it's easy to lose your head for a couple of hours when you play two of the best programs all time within a week's span...Indiana played Duke close the whole way, and Duke blew Texas out today...Indiana is a serious contender for the Big Ten title this year and could make it to the final four easily with Killingsworth playing that way....

I know this isn't the team from 02-03, but UK started 6-3 that season with losses to a pretty bad Virginia team, and an embarrassing loss to Louisville at Rupp Arena and people questioned if UK would make it the tournament that year...Well they won 26 games in a row after that, and by no means am I saying that UK will do that, but they will turn the season around despite not having a true Center in the lineup...

The season is still young, and I for one still believe....To say that this team won't make the tournament is an extremely outrageous claim...I know they're not going to dominate the SEC but they'll be fine...UK isn't going to go to the gutter, Tubby is too good and we have too much talent to let that happen..UK will go to the tournament no doubt...They'll be fine...

That was a inspiring post to read alfus. You should be a motivational speaker.

I haven't given up on the Cats as I said. Watching them lose on back to back Saturdays has got be doubting the toughness of this team. I hope to god im dead wrong and tubby puts a foot in these players ass and they come to play the rest of the season. Losing isn't that bad if the team shows heart and intensity. Kentucky has lacked that in almost every game. Last night the offense didn't move around to create good looks at the goal. There was no defensive intensity at all.

Maybe the Indiana game will be a wake up call and they will go on a big run. But Kentuckys weaknesses has been exposed. Lack of a good big man will hurt this team.
Have you all wondered why Kentucky don't utilize their strength of the team. Kentucky has some quick and athletic guards/forwards that can run the floor. Why don't Tubby have this team pressing and running the floor.

Pitino always was able to press a team (with a smaller lineup) and wear other teams throughout the game.

Like take for example last night when Kentucky started pressing late they cut the Indiani lead down to 11. They where forcing Indiani into turnovers and getting some runouts on the other end. But by then it was too late.
they will make the NCAA no matter what... that doesnt mean they will fare well in the tourney... but i think they can make the field...
They'll be there no doubt. It IS only December. And remember, UK went a whopping 2 for 27 from 3 point. That was by far their worst performance of the season, and not necessarily an indication of where they're going as a team. And like I posted earlier, Shagari was more aggressive in the IU game and their free throw shooting has improved the last couple of games.

Although they aren't dominate like a lot of people would like them to be, that was not the real Kentucky you saw. It's not like they're going to come out and play like that every game from now on.
They will make it in without a doubt, how far they go, that is up in the air at the moment.
i think they they will make the tournament
"MR.INCREDIBLE" Wrote:They will make it in without a doubt, how far they go, that is up in the air at the moment.

I hope they don't so many will wake up and ask for Tubby's head! He cannot win the big game! I guess we could get Rick to come back and put a team together for him to win another title! I got sick watching the Cats this week! I cannot remember a team this bad in many years at KY! I would just like to see Tubby call a time out when the cats are getting their butts kicked! Move over Tubby it is time to bring Florida's coach back home!

:dump:
They'll make it, i doubt they will go past the sweet 16 but they will make it.
I Sure Hope They Make It...But This Is Definitely Not The Way To Start!
I think they will
they will make the tournament just like everyone else has said in this thread......and of course they dont have a big man...lack leadership and this morris scandal has to be interfering with Tubby and the rest of the team......but hopefully they can put this blowout loss to Indy behind them and start playin some good ol UK Basketball!
THey will make it.
Kentucky will get in....I think Vandy is gonna be better than you are givin them credit for QQ...Kentucky might beat them, but if they do, they will win more than 5 conf. games and have success in the SEC. Vandy is one of the best teams in the conference this year.
ttt..

I created this thread a while back. Does everyone still feel UK is going to make it to the tournament.

I just hope we can finish 500 so we can be eligible for the NIT
yes ky will make the tourny but they will be a 6-8 seed by beating florida once and louisville as key wins ... i am predicting he fl loss cause ky always plays good against florida.. i no i put down tubby but i hate to see em loss this bad
hopefully after the loss against alabama, vandy, and kansas, tubby will make some changes or something
"ZMG" Wrote:They'll be there no doubt. It IS only December. And remember, UK went a whopping 2 for 27 from 3 point. That was by far their worst performance of the season, and not necessarily an indication of where they're going as a team. And like I posted earlier, Shagari was more aggressive in the IU game and their free throw shooting has improved the last couple of games.

Although they aren't dominate like a lot of people would like them to be, that was not the real Kentucky you saw. It's not like they're going to come out and play like that every game from now on.

Holy crap. Well, it's still not been EVERY game. :/
I'll give you a great example how this season has been: Down a couple of points with a couple of minutes to go, UK calls time out with 6.7 seconds to go on the shot clock. We come out and Rondo shoots a 28 footer with 4.5 seconds to go on the shot clock. GREAT CALL from the bench. My God, anybody but Rondo to shoot a three, let a lown a 28 footer. Hell, Rondo couldn't make 20% from 3 point range if on one was on him.:wtf1: :wtf1: :wtf1:

:beerwez: :beerwez: :beerwez: :beerwez: If I'm going to watch this bunch of rag tag INDIVIDUALS.

I'll start watching again IF they could ever be a TEAM.
thats rite my man
kentucky will make the tournment i think and will maybe be a 8 or 9 seed