Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are the Reds Trading Harang
At one time, there was discussion on the Reds trading Harang to the Dodgers. As per the Reds website on 12/22 that trade hasn't gone any further and the if done, would cost the Reds a lot of money.

Has anyone heard any updates or possible other trades, than might involve Harang?
Nothing transpired with Harang. They are still wanting to make a deal for a left-handed starter if they can make the right deal without givng up a young arm. I just don't see them getting much value from Harang. They may be best suited to keep him rather than give him away
I think he is still a good pitcher who can help the Reds.All Reds pitchers need run support from offense.
The Reds need a new front office that actually likes to win games.
Amun-Ra Wrote:The Reds need a new front office that actually likes to win games.

The Reds don't have the $$$$$$ to win another World Series.
Amun-Ra Wrote:The Reds need a new front office that actually likes to win games.

Agreed. Trading Harang may just make me give up on them. Letting Gomes go made me mad enough.
I hope Harang returns to be a quality starter for the Reds. He had some mechanical issues and injuries lately. Harang had some very good years and would help any staff, when he's on.

GABP is not the most friendliest pitcher park. Signing MLB pitchers who are effective and can give you innings, seems to be dwindling for small markets.
Augie Garrido Wrote:I hope Harang returns to be a quality starter for the Reds. He had some mechanical issues and injuries lately. Harang had some very good years and would help any staff, when he's on.

GABP is not the most friendliest pitcher park. Signing MLB pitchers who are effective and can give you innings, seems to be dwindling for small markets.

I have noticed that as well. I think another year or two of this finally creates the ultimate seperation between big bucks and small money teams.
lwc Wrote:I have noticed that as well. I think another year or two of this finally creates the ultimate seperation between big bucks and small money teams.
It will eventually result into discussion of Salary cap issues and revenue sharing, being portional.

Owners that sign exorbitant long term contracts, have a tremendous advantage in the free-agent market and can shift parity.