Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK Basketball on TV - What is the SEC Network?
Was scrolling through UK's basketball schedule and noticed that the 1/9/2010 game against Georgia (along with several others thereafter) was going to be broadcast on the SEC Network.

What exactly is this? More specifically, what channel is it/will it be on? I have DirecTV so does this mean it's going to be on FSN South or some other random channel no one's ever heard of? To my knowledge, none of the previous games this year have been on the SEC Network.

I just hope I don't have to add another overpriced package to watch the game.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The same as always, through the network that broadcasts Jefferson-Pilot. There is no SEC network, JP has rights to SEC sports, so whatever network in your area that has bradcasts in the past is the same as for these games.
check your local cbs or nbc
wkyt
Ok, so it will be WKYT then. Thanks for the info. I was just looking up the tip-off time for the game tonight, and saw SEC Network listed below and freaked out. I wish we had a dedicated UK channel, lol.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
mine is nbc wsaz 3
Stardust Wrote:The same as always, through the network that broadcasts Jefferson-Pilot. There is no SEC network, JP has rights to SEC sports, so whatever network in your area that has bradcasts in the past is the same as for these games.

SEC moved its syndication rights from JP/LF to ESPN this (college) year. The SEC Network is the syndicated name; nine times out of 10 it's the same station JP/LF used to be on but with ESPN Regional Networks production and graphics. Some of the announcers changed, too. More SEC games than before on the ESPN networks, too (especially ESPNU).

The link in that paragraph also has a list of SEC Network affiliates.

Apparently ESPN is paying the SEC more money than the conference would have made by setting up its own cable network as the Big Ten and Mountain West have done.
Yep, its ESPN this year