Poll: Who Wins???
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Louisville Cardinals
3.64%
Kentucky Wildcats
96.36%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Louisville @ (3) Kentucky 1/2
thoughts/predictions???

3:30 pm CBS
Closer than most people think.
Kentucky will win this game
Cats by 15
Cats by 6
I don't see any way UK loses this game.
UK by 5

This is a Rivalry game and as much as all of us UK fans believe it will be a blowout, that will not happen
AT first i was thinking. Rivalry game this will be close. But UL is just bad, Cats by 15+
I predict excuses from theVille
This is the only game I hope UK loses.
UK - 76
UL - 69
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I predict excuses from theVille

Lol - It sure has been quiet lately hasn't it? God forbid, if Louisville get's trounced, we may never hear from him again......
uk by 11 i look for the alaskan assassin to have a big game
Can't wait for this game to arrive on Saturday! This IMO is the best rivalry in college basketball! Louisville does seem to be down this year from last year with losses to Western Carolina and Charlotte at Freedom Hall. There are some people that are looking to see a blowout in this game but its not going to happen, this is a rivalry game and the Cards will step up their game in every aspect in order to try and beat their cross-state foe!

Probable starters for Louisville:

G Edgar Sosa 6'2'' 175 Sr
G Preston Knowles 6'1'' 190 Jr
G Reginald Delk 6'5'' 200 Sr
F Jared Swopshire 6'8'' 220 So
F Samardo Samuels 6'9'' 260 So

There could possibly be a different starting lineup than this but I'm assuming that Pitino will go with a bigger lineup to try and match Kentucky and also i am assuming that he will be starting Preston Knowles in front of his home town crowd since he played ball about 20 minutes away in Winchester. But, there is the possibility that Pitino may start Senior guard Jerry Smith(6'2'' 190) in place of Knowles. The two very interesting matchups that I am looking forward to seeing will be Demarcus Cousins vs Samardo Samuels and John Wall vs Edgar Sosa!!

With all this being said i am looking for a good close game! I gonna say that the Wildcats will pull away by a few points towards the end of the game and win this one by about 10 points!! Go Cats!
I think UNC/Duke is the best in college basketball but UL/UK is def up there.
Aslan Wrote:I think UNC/Duke is the best in college basketball but UL/UK is def up there.

Yep, considered the #2

http://www.collegesports.campusgrotto.co...lries.html

1.Duke vs North Carolina - Always a classic and one of the best things about college basketball.

2.Kentucky vs Louisville - The battle of Kentucky between a couple of basketball schools.

3.Kansas vs Missouri - Kansas always seems to have a stacked team, but rivalries seem to see alot of upsets.

4.Texas vs Texas A&M - A huge state known for its football doesn’t damper this heated college basketball rivalry. Look for both of these teams to do well the next few seasons.

5.Duke vs Maryland - The ACC is full of fast paced, quick scoring teams. The Duke and Maryland rivalry has really been turned up the last couple of years.

6.Indiana vs Purdue - A Classic Big Ten conference match up.

7.Cincinnati vs Xavier - Its gotta be a rivalry when the schools are 10 minutes apart.

8.Florida vs Kentucky - Kentucky has been the better team the last few decades, now its Florida’s time to rule.

9.Arizona vs UCLA - Two big Pac 10 powerhouses who are historically successful.

10.Michigan vs Michigan State - Even a better college football rivalry, this rivalry has moved down the list a bit due to a few poor seasons.
Looks good. I would put Duke/Maryland at 3 though, thats always a ultra intense and physical game. Maryland also don't fear Duke like a lot of teams do.
I like UK in this game by 15. UK is just too big inside with Cousins, Patterson, and Orton. Wall will have his way and Bledsoe should be back from the injury in this game.

Go Big Blue!
I will take UK by 4.

I think Silva has a BIG game if he stays out of foul trouble.
uk with ease.
I see a close first half, before UL runs into "The Wall" in the second half when UK turns on the afterburners and pulls away..

UK improves to 15-0

#3 Kentucky -87
Louisville -70
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
uk 15+
This one will be a roller coaster I believe..UK had better come out firing on all 10 cylinders, because you can bet your bottom that Rickys gonna have his guys ready to play. With that said, I believe that UK will win a very close one, 85-78. I hope its 120-52 but I dont see a blowout happening. Completely off subject, but I noticed the Zona-UCLA rivalry on your list Dusty, but did you see the kid from BYU go OFF against Zona? Had 49 points and the Cougars beat Zona by 30 on the Cats' court!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Stardust Wrote:Yep, considered the #2

http://www.collegesports.campusgrotto.co...lries.html

1.Duke vs North Carolina - Always a classic and one of the best things about college basketball.

2.Kentucky vs Louisville - The battle of Kentucky between a couple of basketball schools.

3.Kansas vs Missouri - Kansas always seems to have a stacked team, but rivalries seem to see alot of upsets.

4.Texas vs Texas A&M - A huge state known for its football doesn’t damper this heated college basketball rivalry. Look for both of these teams to do well the next few seasons.

5.Duke vs Maryland - The ACC is full of fast paced, quick scoring teams. The Duke and Maryland rivalry has really been turned up the last couple of years.

6.Indiana vs Purdue - A Classic Big Ten conference match up.

7.Cincinnati vs Xavier - Its gotta be a rivalry when the schools are 10 minutes apart.

8.Florida vs Kentucky - Kentucky has been the better team the last few decades, now its Florida’s time to rule.

9.Arizona vs UCLA - Two big Pac 10 powerhouses who are historically successful.

10.Michigan vs Michigan State - Even a better college football rivalry, this rivalry has moved down the list a bit due to a few poor seasons.

This looks good to a lot of people but to me and many other UK fan's, Tennessee is by far UK's biggest rival in basketaball. It was UK's biggest rival when Rupp roamed the sidelines through every coach that has coached there. UK vs UT is a border war and bragging rights for the year.
The Loserville game is insignificent, it only gives them(Loserville) a little attention on the big stage of college basketball when they play UK.
Plus the UT game is a conference game that has much more signifience if UK wins or loses.
kyrifle Wrote:This looks good to a lot of people but to me and many other UK fan's, Tennessee is by far UK's biggest rival in basketaball. It was UK's biggest rival when Rupp roamed the sidelines through every coach that has coached there. UK vs UT is a border war and bragging rights for the year.
The Loserville game is insignificent, it only gives them(Loserville) a little attention on the big stage of college basketball when they play UK.
Plus the UT game is a conference game that has much more signifience if UK wins or loses.

I can agree that the UT game is big, but probably no bigger than Florida in Basketball. I would not agree with the assessment that this game brings little attention on the National stage. The reason why it bring little attention is because UK has not had a coach that matches the resume of Pitino. The National media wanted it to be a great rivalrie, but the Cats have not had a high profile coach like Pitino, well since Pitino. That's all changed. The UK/Louisville Rivalry will grow to mythical proportions now that the State has the two "Teflon Don's" to build the match-up around. This year is not going to be typical of future years. Louisville is down, but this has the potential to be like a UNC/dUKe matchup when these two team are coming in with both in the top 5 rankings.
I'll take UK by around 12
UK by no less than 5, no more than 20
I do think that it'll be close rather than a blowout but then again it wouldn't suprise me if they beat them easily, UK is just to good, espically if they're playin hot
Stardust Wrote:I can agree that the UT game is big, but probably no bigger than Florida in Basketball. I would not agree with the assessment that this game brings little attention on the National stage. The reason why it bring little attention is because UK has not had a coach that matches the resume of Pitino. The National media wanted it to be a great rivalrie, but the Cats have not had a high profile coach like Pitino, well since Pitino. That's all changed. The UK/Louisville Rivalry will grow to mythical proportions now that the State has the two "Teflon Don's" to build the match-up around. This year is not going to be typical of future years. Louisville is down, but this has the potential to be like a UNC/dUKe matchup when these two team are coming in with both in the top 5 rankings.

Florida hasn't been of any signifance until the last 6 or 7 years when Billy D. started beating UK on a regular basis. Tennessee on the other hand has always given UK problems, even when they had teams that wasn't suppose to compete they would give UK fits. As far as UK's coaches in the past not being as popular as the one in Loserville, I don't think it matters who coaches UK, the program will be in the national spot light. I think you could be the coach at UK and everyone would still know about UK basketball. (and you may be a very good coach) UK is the best program out there. It's always going to be the program that every opponent brings their A game to when they play, but UT just brings a game that IMO Loserville will never be able to duplicate. Loserville will always be the little brother. Even when they win it's no big deal with me.
I have hated the Vols since 1958 and to me this is the team UK must beat for me to keep my sanity..........
uk should win but u have to think all teams play their best ball while playing uk but UK ALL THE WAY
wall should take over
UK by a solid 20