Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ok Tubby fans explain this one.
"Horse Head" Wrote:hey doc spell horse head right....lol

I shall do my best my red rag top diving and drinking friend
Yehah...................oh wait vandy won
you may be right about a new coach. he has been here for 9 years and things have gotten stail, He didn't win the championship he is associated with, Pitino did for the players he left Tubby with
i will just lay it down to all of u all... tubby smith is a horrible coach they need someone like pitino or billy donovan.. there is ur sec champs florida... i am tired of watching kentucky and wanting them to win i aint on there band wagon ne more tis is the worst this frachise has ever played since i can remember.. tubby has ky heading in the wrong way... when ur at a school like ky u have to produce wins (championships) and tubby has failed to do so except his first year well that was pitino team.. compare pitinos recruiting to tubbys there is no comparison pitino kills him in every aspect.. pitinos boys play in the nba tubbys play in europe for real when is everyone gonna step up and see we need another coach.. its his fault they aint at the level they use to be.. they are no longer the dominant sec team they once was give up hope
"sportwhiz" Wrote:Maybe Tubby needs to have the Cats watch UK's women play. They are undefeated:High5:

No they're not this is from today's news

UK 11-3 (1-1)

But seriously I hate a coach basher unless of course your bashing Rick Pitino. I agree Tubby is terrible at recruiting. He is afraid to go after the guys who want to play only a year or two. I want to go further than the second round of the NCAA too. Come on Tubby get on the road, let these Kentucky kids go to Vandy we don't care. Go after the Florida kids who kick booty and take names.
:Guitar01:
"Vincent Vega" Wrote:third, Pitino did make a huge mistake in Anderson and in 92. you are def right and no i didnt call for his head either. Also Christian Lattener shouldn't have been in the game after he kicked Timberlake. so UK and Pitino got screwed there.

I disagree Pitino was outcoached PERIOD.
"Vincent Vega" Wrote:we def need some shooters coming in. maybe some rebounders. quit gettin projects

AMEN. I agree. Give us some flash and dash Tubby.
"TE#82" Wrote:i will just lay it down to all of u all... tubby smith is a horrible coach they need someone like pitino or billy donovan.. there is ur sec champs florida... i am tired of watching kentucky and wanting them to win i aint on there band wagon ne more tis is the worst this frachise has ever played since i can remember.. tubby has ky heading in the wrong way... when ur at a school like ky u have to produce wins (championships) and tubby has failed to do so except his first year well that was pitino team.. compare pitinos recruiting to tubbys there is no comparison pitino kills him in every aspect.. pitinos boys play in the nba tubbys play in europe for real when is everyone gonna step up and see we need another coach.. its his fault they aint at the level they use to be.. they are no longer the dominant sec team they once was give up hope

Don't watch. UK doesn't need fair weather friends.
I just wish when some fall off the bandwagon it would run over them.
Seriously... if you don't like watching UK, no one is forcing you. If you like run and gun, there's a coach about 60 miles up the road you can go watch.

There is nothing wrong with the recruiting job Tubby has done of late. Everyone complaining about Woo and Shag, etc, were probably a lot of the same ones jumping up and down hearing there were 2, that's right TWO 7 footers coming in.

As for Bradley, Crawford, Rondo, Morris, you were probably saying that's the best class UK has ever recruited. Jumping up and down again at the sight of another near 7 footer.

This same group of people were near a Final Four appearance last year, minus Hayes and Buike. I don't see either one of those in the NBA, so they weren't carrying the team. They contributed though. Hayes had as much heart as anyone, and that's what is lacking this year. And on that note, if I recall correctly, Tubby recruited those players and coached them to a near miss. OH, they didn't make the FF? Man, if only freakin' Tubby would have pulled down that one rebound. :/

Tubby coached his players to 20 some odd wins in a row a few years back, remember that? Kentucky was the best team in the nation, overall #1 in the Tournament. Nothing wrong with that coaching job, or the players.

Tubby is doing the best he can with these guys. They're great athletes. However, they're playing individual basketball. They're out there for themselves. A lot of standing around and not doing the little things. If Tubby can find a way to reach these guys, they'll be just fine. It's not Tubby's coaching job, or the abilities of the players... it's their will and determination.
That just about sums it up ZMG.
"ZMG" Wrote:Seriously... if you don't like watching UK, no one is forcing you. If you like run and gun, there's a coach about 60 miles up the road you can go watch.

There is nothing wrong with the recruiting job Tubby has done of late. Everyone complaining about Woo and Shag, etc, were probably a lot of the same ones jumping up and down hearing there were 2, that's right TWO 7 footers coming in.

As for Bradley, Crawford, Rondo, Morris, you were probably saying that's the best class UK has ever recruited. Jumping up and down again at the sight of another near 7 footer.

This same group of people were near a Final Four appearance last year, minus Hayes and Buike. I don't see either one of those in the NBA, so they weren't carrying the team. They contributed though. Hayes had as much heart as anyone, and that's what is lacking this year. And on that note, if I recall correctly, Tubby recruited those players and coached them to a near miss. OH, they didn't make the FF? Man, if only freakin' Tubby would have pulled down that one rebound. :/

Tubby coached his players to 20 some odd wins in a row a few years back, remember that? Kentucky was the best team in the nation, overall #1 in the Tournament. Nothing wrong with that coaching job, or the players.

Tubby is doing the best he can with these guys. They're great athletes. However, they're playing individual basketball. They're out there for themselves. A lot of standing around and not doing the little things. If Tubby can find a way to reach these guys, they'll be just fine. It's not Tubby's coaching job, or the abilities of the players... it's their will and determination.

Thats a nice piece of writing ZMG..

I think another problem, and I am guility of this sometimes as well ZMG. Is that we are so use to winning and dominating almost every night out that when we have one down season and one would think we are downward spiral to becoming a 'doormat" team. Which in reality all teams go through down seasons and rebuilding seasons. Look at Maryland the last few years. A couple of final fours and national title. Last year they failed to make the NCAA tournament. This year they are right back ranked around the top 15 in the nation. OR take a look at North Carolina in previous years. THey went through about 4 year drought with less than 20 wins per season. What happen with them. They bounced back and won the national title last year. Kentucky will do the same. I honestly feel this team will get it together and be a SEC contender and will be capable of making some noise in the NCAA tournament. To me the talent is there. I remind you this is the same Kentucky team that tore through good WV and UL teams. This team right now doesnt lack talent, they dont lack a good coach. They lack motivation and team chemistry. But I can bet you Tubby will get these boys on the right track soon.

No matter how good the coach, there are going to be bad seasons that can be a result of list of different problems. (from recruiting, to grades, to crime, to leaving to the NBA early)

I ask you all this. If Kentucky had Pitino instead of Tubby the last 9 years, how many titles would he have. Id say it would be right on par with Tubby. The face of college basketball has changed. There is no one team anymore that can just dominate NCAA basketball year and year out. Talent is spread out too evenly now a days.. Take away the UCLA era and Kentucky has more national titles than any other school.
That's what I've been trying to say all along QQ.
tubby tubby tubby thats about all he is he coaches about as well as rich brooks he has lost his team as well as lost respect from alot of fans for me i could care less if they win another game lets go louisville ... ky isnt the same bball school they once was they cant even beat vanderbilt a nc team that is rebuilding if he was so good his team could beat roy williams 4 starting freshman... please some one look at it this way ky isnt a power house no more.. tubby cant win in the tourny florida is the sec now until ky changes coaches i hope the lose every game im sick of no ff's ky has lost all hope as long as tubby is there
So it belongs to Florida because they're ranked high this year. Thats right I forgot they have been to four final fours in the last ten years and won 2 championships. Nevermind thats wrong you most have been dreaming.
they need 2 get rid of him
"TE#82" Wrote:tubby tubby tubby thats about all he is he coaches about as well as rich brooks he has lost his team as well as lost respect from alot of fans for me i could care less if they win another game lets go louisville ...

Everyone remember this statement. This statement represents a bulk of the so-called "fans" of UK. The "bandwagon" fans if you will. They hate UK when they're losing, but love UK when they're winning.

Sure, there are fans that get upset when UK loses. But to say you couldn't care less if they won another game is ridiculous. Hell, I'm ****ed that UK got demolished by Kansas and then beat by Vanderbilt, but I'm not about to turn my back on the team.

But if people really ant to do this, as I stated in another thread, don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya.
What really gets me is the fact that doing one of these crazy threads someone actually wanted Eddie Sutton back. I mean my god if anyone ever hurt the UK program he's the man.
Tuby is getting old. He doesnt know what to do with his talent anymore. Wait he doesnt even try to get the BEST talent. He gets people he thinks will look up to him and stay there. Can i get a retire???anyone???wheres Pitino when you need him hahaha lol
p.s. Pitino made Tuby
"Doc Holliday" Wrote:We all thought morris was going to go pro.
Tubby knew he was so what does the great recruiter do?

Now I know Loften is gone we could have had him but tubby got Crawford.
I am sick of hearing about he wants people who will stay 4 years, well NC won achampionship last year they all went pro and we got spanked.

Dont call me a fair weather fan i am not i bleed blue but I have watched all that I can. At ky we dont want a sweet 16 we want final four we expect and demand sweet 16.
If I read or hear someone talk about projects anymore i think I will quit.
We suffer thru this crap decade after decade with the football team and nothing happens

AMEN!!! I personally have nothing against Tubby but i really dont believe he can either A) Coach or B) Recruite, because for the past few years now our cats have slowly drifted downhill... im not a fair weather fan either but i really dont see chubby as a accomplished coach... he won the NCAA the first year he got the head coaching position but with pitino's team... pitino left him the team to win the NCAA and pitino is doing a hell of a job building Louisville, as bad as some want to admit it... Tubby needs to either get hes head out of the clouds or find another job because UK fans demand final four aperances and most certainly DO NOT accept loseing...
"ZMG" Wrote:Everyone remember this statement. This statement represents a bulk of the so-called "fans" of UK. The "bandwagon" fans if you will. They hate UK when they're losing, but love UK when they're winning.

Sure, there are fans that get upset when UK loses. But to say you couldn't care less if they won another game is ridiculous. Hell, I'm ****ed that UK got demolished by Kansas and then beat by Vanderbilt, but I'm not about to turn my back on the team.

But if people really ant to do this, as I stated in another thread, don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya.

AMEN. Love 'em or leave 'em.

Where talking 18-23 year old here floks not NBA. Their basically still kids.

We still love you CATS.
I agree