Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Four Tennessee Basketball players arrested
I heard that UT was going to change their fight song from rocky top to the theme song of cops.Bad boys watcha gona do?
Augie Garrido Wrote:Sad but incidents like this happen entirely too much, across many campuses in various sports. I've never understood the need, that college age young men feel compelled to combine alcohol, drugs and firearms. Nothing good ever results when any of those are mixed.

Be interesting to see if they are suspended for 2-3 games or much more.

I agree.. Bruce Pearl took a strong stance on the drug part when he first came to Knoxville when he kicked Wingate off the team. I think he had more than one strike against him though. These guys have never been in any trouble, that we know of, so I don't think theres much of a chance that they will be dismissed. They'll serve a suspension and be back. The length of that suspension is the question. In no way am I taking up for the players or am I saying I agree, but thats my gut feeling on what will happen.
I think that if the players were found with the drugs, pistols, and alcohol then they should be prosecuted under the full extent of the law just because they are NCAA basketball players shouldn't mean they get any mercy I'm a firm believer in second chances but they need to get a good dose of reality and make them realize what kind of opprotunity they have and they don't need to mess it up because not everybody gets this kind of opprotunity to play college basketball and they need to realize that.
i personally believe coach pearl is starting to lose his grip on the team and incoming players....he needs to step up or he'll get the boot quick.
Gilbert Arenas says this is nothing if they aren't pulling guns on each other in the locker room.
LClion4life Wrote:The football players from UT, now this? When does it end in Knoxville?
It started when they opened the doors to the University, and itll end when they close 'em. :biggrin:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TomSportsHack Wrote:Gilbert Arenas says this is nothing if they aren't pulling guns on each other in the locker room.

I am laughing...and I feel guilty for laughing.
lwc Wrote:I am laughing...and I feel guilty for laughing.

hahaha ill laugh too so you dont feel too bad. thats a good one.

well at least UK doesn't have to worry about smith and tatum doing any damage when they play. lol.
They will miss 1 or 2 games, no big deal.
The drug charges are sad... but in terms of the gun charges I can't say I blame them..........................................................

........... If I was on campus with those outlaw UT football players I would want protection myself Big Grin
EKUAlum05 Wrote:The drug charges are sad... but in terms of the gun charges I can't say I blame them..........................................................

........... If I was on campus with those outlaw UT football players I would want protection myself Big Grin

Haha
memphistiger Wrote:hahaha ill laugh too so you dont feel too bad. thats a good one.

well at least UK doesn't have to worry about smith and tatum doing any damage when they play. lol.

Tyler Smith is being represented by the attorney who also represented Janzen Jackson from the football team. All charges were dropped against Jackson. That attorney is notorious for cases like this. Smith isn't going anywhere, except missing a few games.
BloodyHarlanVOL Wrote:Tyler Smith is being represented by the attorney who also represented Janzen Jackson from the football team. All charges were dropped against Jackson. That attorney is notorious for cases like this. Smith isn't going anywhere, except missing a few games.

Confusedhh: <---- never has a smiley face better showcased my feelings.
This defiantly isn't good for any Tennessee fan to hear. I hate to hear this because all four are more than likely going to be kicked off the team.
RavenBoy Wrote:They will miss 1 or 2 games, no big deal.

I agree. They'll be back sooner than later.