Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cousins/Swopshire Incident
theVILLE Wrote:Oh im glad swopshire called and told you he was disguising the knee:eyeroll:
If it wasnt intentional then he might want to visit a doctor with movement like that something isnt quiet right. Your leg dont just bend at the knee and fly upward and perfectly hit someone in the face when your laying on your back trying to get a ball.
theVILLE Wrote:Just wait til cousins gets arrested shortly you will see..

Being in a shoving match on a basketball court and doing something to get arrested are two different things and trying to connect them in that way is crossing lines of fairness and logic on your part 'ville
Clearly provoked! I don't agree with the forearm but it is a part of the rivalary!

wow Ville you really need to take some time off and cool down, that is just crossing the line man. The kid has had no diciplinary actions in the past to my knowledge (however reports on here) have said he ALMOST fought someone one day in Lex. There is a huge different in playing agressive in a game you love and letting your emotions get the best of you and going out into everyday life and doing some stupied thats going to get you arrested and ruin your carrer. We are still talking about 18-24 year olds here anything you wouldnt say about a local kid over on the Basketball Forum (for it seeming degrading) should not be said on here either. IMO

You are talking arrested like when Jennings and Jerry Smith got arrested?

Glass houses my brother...
This relatively minor incident is being blown way out of proportion.

Yes, Cousins did throw an elbow at Swopshire's head, but it was out in the heat of the moment. It's not like he contemplated how to hurt Swopshire, it was emotion. Did Swopshire purposely throw his knee up, I can't tell. But it's over. UofL fans are just upset with the loss and so have to blow this out of proportion.
here is something else to thing about. after this incident all of the players settled down and they were no where near as chippy. the refs got the game under control and kept it there. they called it tight, while still allowing them to play hard in the paint.

45 seconds into the game the refs stepped in t'ed up some players and got the game under control before it got worse.

the only reason this is an issue on this forum is because louisville fans believe if cousins would have been ejected uk would lose his 18 points and rebounds and louisville would have won the game. that is why this thread is continuing.
THE VILLE you need to calm down well everybody needs to calm down. It happened GET USED TO IT. P.S. GO BIG BLUE:1:
But cousins and swopshire should of been ejected and really by the books neither should of shot free throws
Furthermore, what got Bledsoe so upset was the forearm Delk delivered to his throat. This was part of Louisville's ploy to try to get into the Freshmen's heads.
MSU Eagle Wrote:This relatively minor incident is being blown way out of proportion.

Yes, Cousins did throw an elbow at Swopshire's head, but it was out in the heat of the moment. It's not like he contemplated how to hurt Swopshire, it was emotion. Did Swopshire purposely throw his knee up, I can't tell. But it's over. UofL fans are just upset with the loss and so have to blow this out of proportion.

You're exactly right! Like i said before this thread will be kept going until the next time we play Louisville! If the game had been against anyone else with exception of MAYBE Duke, UNC, or UT this thread would have been dead the very next day after the game!
Axel Foley Wrote:Furthermore, what got Bledsoe so upset was the forearm Delk delivered to his throat. This was part of Louisville's ploy to try to get into the Freshmen's heads.

agreed..i agree with that..