Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Landon Slone Signs with Pikeville College
It's true! Just walked by the President's office, and Landon is signing with Pikeville in the foyer right now. Congrats and Good Luck!!
all-or-nothing Wrote:It's true! Just walked by the President's office, and Landon is signing with Pikeville in the foyer right now. Congrats and Good Luck!!

Your name makes me think of O-Town.
I think that most people underestimate the talent at Pikeville College. They have a lot of D1 transfers. Their starting PG started at Louisiana Tech last year. While it isn't UK, Pikeville College is no slouch either, as someone stated earlier they are ranked 8th in the country. He is going to have to come in and work hard to prove himself, but he would have to do that anywhere. I'm excited for him because I know what a great program that Coach Kelly Wells is building at Pikeville College and Im glad that Landon will get to be a part of it.
Was he recruited by Pikeville out of high school?
PIKEVILLE, Ky. – Former University of Kentucky Wildcat Landon Slone has transferred to Pikeville College.

Slone, a Paintsville High School graduate who played his freshman season as a walk-on for Billy Gillispie last year, will be a student at Pikeville this semester and will have three years of athletics ability remaining.

Slone was a first-team all-state selection as a senior at Paintsville, where he averaged 25.1 points and 7.2 rebounds per game and led the Tigers to the quarterfinals of the Sweet 16. The appearance was notable because Slone used it as a showcase for the basketball abilities he was known for in the mountains, as well as for an appropriate ending to the coaching career of Bill Mike Runyon.

http://www.wkyt.com/sports/headlines/80929142.html
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Was he recruited by Pikeville out of high school?

Yes.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Was he recruited by Pikeville out of high school?

According to his HS coach, Bill Mike Runyon, after the first game in the sweet 16 Runyon said and I quote, I can't understand why no school has shown an interest in him, as of now he has no offers. BMR made the same statement when Billy Clyde invited hi to walh on at UK.
Landon is in a great position now. He is around the mountains where he is surrounded by people and fans who know him and support him. It really is a win-win because the Bears can only add deapth with his addition. Hope to see landon knocking down the shots like he is in the 15th region tourney again. Does anyone know when he will be allowed to play.
all-or-nothing Wrote:It's true! Just walked by the President's office, and Landon is signing with Pikeville in the foyer right now. Congrats and Good Luck!!

After you walk on at two other schools, one telling you your not needed and realizing the other obviously over his head as well, his handlers create yet another media event. Go figger!!!

If he moves on to Alice Lloyd from Pikeville, will ESPN be covering that one?
Mr.Kimball Wrote:After you walk on at two other schools, one telling you your not needed and realizing the other obviously over his head as well, his handlers create yet another media event. Go figger!!!

Looked more like former and current Coach, along with family and Pikeville staff were at conference, per the signing. If those are handlers, then I'll assume every player that signs at a press conference has them.

Hope this young man works hard to play and fits into the Pikeville program.
Augie Garrido Wrote:Looked more like former and current Coach, along with family and Pikeville staff were at conference, per the signing. If those are handlers, then I'll assume every player that signs at a press conference has them.

Hope this young man works hard to play and fits into the Pikeville program.
Well now. Et tu, Brute?

BTW, refer to post #1.

Dont know what happened at the other place, but I'm sure things will work out for you here too, Auggie. Keep a workin hard to get this one too, FRIEND. It's all such a big deal to be in charge of everything, aint it?:eyeroll::redboxer:
a great signing for pikeville college.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:After you walk on at two other schools, one telling you your not needed and realizing the other obviously over his head as well, his handlers create yet another media event. Go figger!!!

Wow thats not anything new someone else has'nt posted. Why try an VANDALIZE the the situation any more than it is. But cheap shots are your forte.:eyeroll:
Now What Wrote:Wow thats not anything new someone else has'nt posted. Why try an VANDALIZE the the situation any more than it is. But cheap shots are your forte.:eyeroll:
If it's something everybody else has already said, then why pinpoint just one of those posts?

And that cheap shot would be where? What your really meaning is, I should be more politically correct? Smooth and exaggerate whatever truths are better? I doubt that'll happen.

The coaching staff and administration were responsible for the media event. As Coach Wells has said, Landon could be a great ambassador for Pikeville College, and if people see him going there it could be a draw for other big time in state players. I dont really think the ESPN comment is necessary.
OldTymer Wrote:The coaching staff and administration were responsible for the media event. As Coach Wells has said, Landon could be a great ambassador for Pikeville College, and if people see him going there it could be a draw for other big time in state players. I dont really think the ESPN comment is necessary.

Your opinion is certainly noted. You see, that's what's great, we can all have one and respect each others, whether it's what one wants to hear or not!!:Thumbs:
OldTymer Wrote:The coaching staff and administration were responsible for the media event. As Coach Wells has said, Landon could be a great ambassador for Pikeville College, and if people see him going there it could be a draw for other big time in state players. I dont really think the ESPN comment is necessary.

Nice when people double post saying the same thing two different ways.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Nice when people double post saying the same thing two different ways.

Multi-talented I guess.Yours is certainly noted as well junior. Carry on the good work.:Thumbs:
Haha Mr. Kimball, you really do crack me up.
OldTymer Wrote:Haha Mr. Kimball, you really do crack me up.

Your welcome.
Congrats to Landon Slone. The Mid-South is no push over. There are some very talented players in that conference. I think Slone will be a good fit a PC.
card182011 Wrote:One of my friends said he was walking on at Louisville! Is there any truth to this?
No, that's Justice that will be riding pine at UL.
TheRealVille Wrote:No, that's Justice that will be riding pine at UL.

Nice shot you took at Justice there.