Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who Is Your First Pick In The NFL Draft?
Who would be your first pick in the NFL draft?

I know Reggie Bush is the hot property right now, but I would have to lean towards Matt Leinhart.

It is much more difficult to get a good QB as opposed to a good RB. Leinhart has all of the tools (similar to Carson Palmer out of college--just with a better record of success in college).

What do you think?
It really depends on your team needs. Obviously a team with a solid running or passing game with the other being poor would draft to correct their weakness.

If you needed both equally as bad, take Leinart. I think when it's said and done, he'll be the best of the big 3. Of course I'll probably be eating those words when he becomes a flop like Ryan Leaf, Vince Young turns into a mobile Peyton Manning, and Reggie Bush does mimick Gale Sayers through his NFL career.

Like KHB said, it's much easier to find a running back than a QB in the NFL.
I really think that if he enters the draft, Bush will be picked number 1, simply because Houston and San Francisco are pretty well set at QB. The only way I see Leinart going first is if somehow Arizona gets first pick. Just my opinion though.
If you think about Houston--does David Carr have the juice to get the job done?

At this point, I think that they need to take a look at that. Besides, think about the Chargers (Drew Brees and Phillip Rivers). Now, Rivers could probably play in a lot of places--but it hasn't hurt their team.
I think David Carr is more of a liability on the Texans than Dominick Davis. For how bad that team has been since they entered the league, Davis has always been one of the solid pieces.
Good point.

But I also wonder--has Carr ever had a real shot--due to the fact that his O-Line has been horrible? At this point, I don't know. I think that there would have been some improvement by now. (But this could be compared to Tim Couch's situation--new team, bad players, bad coaching, no definite plan for success, etc).
You also have to look at their receivers.

Andre Johnson - could be and should be a pro bowler but they just can't get him the ball

Jabar Gaffney - Solid receiver

Corey Bradford - Another solid receiver who played very well when he was in Green Bay

Jerome Mathis - On the decline of his career, but an ok 4th receiver

With the above average running game and even a poor offensive line, there should have been more productivity out of the QB position
ok if houston hangs on to keep the #1 pick it wont be reggie bush matt linehart or nebody like that im not blaming this season on ne1 but dom capers and the oline so therefore capers needs to go and the #1 pick this year will be the left tackle from vigiana D'brickishaw Ferguson
68--you know your football/personnel.

I know that it is easy to get caught up in the Reggie Bush hype--but Houston needs to take a look in the mirror and make a decision about the future of their team.

Maybe they could hire you!
"MCHS_FBALL#14" Wrote:ok if houston hangs on to keep the #1 pick it wont be reggie bush matt linehart or nebody like that im not blaming this season on ne1 but dom capers and the oline so therefore capers needs to go and the #1 pick this year will be the left tackle from vigiana D'brickishaw Ferguson

I wouldn't have a problem with Houston taking a lineman with their first pick, but it would be a mistake to make that pick with the #1 selection. If they want Ferguson they need to use that value of that #1 draft pick (which will be VERY HIGH) and trade down to the 4-6 slot and pick up a few more picks or players along with Ferguson
if reggie bush and vince young enter the draft then i say they go 1 and 2 but if they dont enter ill say matt lineart
"Tomcat68" Wrote:I wouldn't have a problem with Houston taking a lineman with their first pick, but it would be a mistake to make that pick with the #1 selection. If they want Ferguson they need to use that value of that #1 draft pick (which will be VERY HIGH) and trade down to the 4-6 slot and pick up a few more picks or players along with Ferguson

see imo the future of that franchise is the o-line because without the big uglies nothing happens that happens to be why shaun alexander is having a big year and why peyton manning hardly ever gets sacked so i say for the future of their franchise take a lineman and go from there
If the team with the #1 selection passes up on Reggie Bush it would be a huge mistake....
"bevinsville_bomber" Wrote:If the team with the #1 selection passes up on Reggie Bush it would be a huge mistake....
I agree, even though my favorite player is Vince Young.
Houston should trade down to 3-5. Grab someone's 2nd round pick as well as exchanging 1sts. Draft TWO offensive linemen. Their line has gotten Carr killed every year.
I've always been told a quarterback is as good as their offensive line. Indy's o-line is one of the best, not just because of how they protect Peyton, but how well they block for James. He has 1,000+ year in and year out. Then there's San Diego. Brees and Tomlinson have great years every year, and Cincy this season with Johnson and Palmer. Neither team has any "big name" lineman (maybe a few), but they understand their role, and they do their job. Houston needs to focus more on the o-line position like everyone has been saying. I think they look for playmakers more than necessaties, and that's why nothing different happens for them. Yes, they have talent on offense, but it all starts with the big fella's.
"StrikeoutKing" Wrote:I've always been told a quarterback is as good as their offensive line. Indy's o-line is one of the best, not just because of how they protect Peyton, but how well they block for James. He has 1,000+ year in and year out. Then there's San Diego. Brees and Tomlinson have great years every year, and Cincy this season with Johnson and Palmer. Neither team has any "big name" lineman (maybe a few), but they understand their role, and they do their job. Houston needs to focus more on the o-line position like everyone has been saying. I think they look for playmakers more than necessaties, and that's why nothing different happens for them. Yes, they have talent on offense, but it all starts with the big fella's.

Good point, but who would pass up the chance to have Reggie Bush on their team?
"ACE" Wrote:Good point, but who would pass up the chance to have Reggie Bush on their team?
one with an already superb runninback on their team or one that dosnt have a line to block 4 him wat good would he be then???
I hope its Leinart, because the Jets will probably have #2 pick. That way they can get Bush.
"TCat09" Wrote:I hope its Leinart, because the Jets will probably have #2 pick. That way they can get Bush.

The jets dont need a runninback for another year or 2 wat they really need is a QB that can stay healthy so i think theyll select matt leinart
Well after watching the Texans Titans game yesterday and there kicker missed a 31 yd. gimme kick?.....looked like a little bit of conspiracy.....lol.....I would have to go with Reggie Bush
Reggie Bush should be #1.....no doubt.....if you have a good back, you can trade down.....if you need a QB, Leinart is not far above Jay Cutler of Vandy, so there are some options....If Ferguson is the one you want, then you can trade #1 to a 3-5 pick and a 3rd rounder.......reminds me of the the Vick-LT draft.
Reggie Bush.. thats easy in my eyes
If I'm the Texans I'd get reggie bush. If the Jets have the 1st pick still reggie, They have chad pennington.2nd and 3rd will be matt lienert and vince young. If texas donst win the National Championship vince young will stay for his senior year.
Texans could trade and get more picks from a team that needs a great RB. that is what they need to do. they need to do this and draft the big lineman from Georgia.
the second pick wil most likely go to the Jets and they should take Leinart. he is a good QB and they need one.
Look for Vince Young, AJ Hawk (LB), Leonard Pope (TE) to go high as well.
reggie bush for sure
"-STAT-32" Wrote:Well after watching the Texans Titans game yesterday and there kicker missed a 31 yd. gimme kick?.....looked like a little bit of conspiracy.....lol.....I would have to go with Reggie Bush
sure it seems like a conspiracy but you cant judge based on that my kicker jay feeley missed 4 game winners so i wont judge a conspiracy based on a bloched kick and another legit reason is why do you think the steelers cut kris brown he sucks