Poll: LJ or KB?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
LeBron James
59.46%
Kobe Bryant
40.54%
* You voted for this item.

• 1(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LeBron James or Kobe Bryant?
We all know that this is the real question. D-Wade can't hold a candle up to either LeBron or Kobe. I'm taking LeBron on this. What do you guys think?
Lebron without a hesitation!!
Wildcats11 Wrote:Lebron without a hesitation!!

Mos Def.
I have seen this question before if I could just remember where.

Kobe hands down.
They are both good players but IMO Kobe is better in pressure last second shots so I will go with Kobe Bryant.
Lebron all the way
Kobe Bryant!

Don't ask why because I won't be able to control myself. If your curious of my opinion just go back and read past threads about the two.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Kobe Bryant!

Don't ask why because I won't be able to control myself. If your curious of my opinion just go back and read past threads about the two.

Why? :biggrin:

I should have taped the Christmas Day game.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Why? :biggrin:

I should have taped the Christmas Day game.

Neither Lebron or Kobe did much that day.

Cavs simply couldn't miss and Lakers couldn't get anything to fall.

When it really matters, you know who prevails each time.

Wink
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Neither Lebron or Kobe did much that day.

Wink

:flame:

Wink

I'm new to all this basketball stuff, and I was just wondering who won the MVP last season and comparing stats, who was putting up better numbers???
2008-09 Statistics

Dwayne Wade
2008-09 Statistics
PPG 30.2 Ranks #1 in the NBA in Points Per Game(30.2)
RPG 5.0
APG 7.5 Ranks #8 in the NBA in Assists Per Game(7.5)
SPG 2.2 Ranks #2 in the NBA in Steals Per Game(2.19)
BPG 1.3
FG% 0.491
FT% 0.765 Ranks #2 in the NBA in Free Throws(590.0)
3P% 0.317
MPG 38.6

Lebron James
PPG 28.4 Ranks #2 in the NBA in Points Per Game(28.4)
RPG 7.6
APG 7.2 Ranks #9 in the NBA in Assists Per Game(7.2)
SPG 1.7 Ranks #7 in the NBA in Steals(137.0)
BPG 1.1
FG% 0.489
FT% 0.780 Ranks #1 in the NBA in Free Throws(594.0
3P% 0.344
MPG 37.7

Kobe Bryant
PPG 26.8
RPG 5.2
APG 4.9
SPG 1.5
BPG 0.4
FG% 0.467
FT% 0.856
3P% 0.351
MPG 36.1
Wildcatk23 Wrote:2008-09 Statistics

Dwayne Wade
2008-09 Statistics
PPG 30.2 Ranks #1 in the NBA in Points Per Game(30.2)
RPG 5.0
APG 7.5 Ranks #8 in the NBA in Assists Per Game(7.5)
SPG 2.2 Ranks #2 in the NBA in Steals Per Game(2.19)
BPG 1.3
FG% 0.491
FT% 0.765 Ranks #2 in the NBA in Free Throws(590.0)
3P% 0.317
MPG 38.6

Lebron James
PPG 28.4 Ranks #2 in the NBA in Points Per Game(28.4)
RPG 7.6
APG 7.2 Ranks #9 in the NBA in Assists Per Game(7.2)
SPG 1.7 Ranks #7 in the NBA in Steals(137.0)
BPG 1.1
FG% 0.489
FT% 0.780 Ranks #1 in the NBA in Free Throws(594.0
3P% 0.344
MPG 37.7

Kobe Bryant
PPG 26.8
RPG 5.2
APG 4.9
SPG 1.5
BPG 0.4
FG% 0.467
FT% 0.856
3P% 0.351
MPG 36.1

We all know Wade isn't even in this discussion and this thread is Kobe and Lebron to which, your stats have proved my point. :thanks: :biggrin:
Wildcats11 Wrote:I'm new to all this basketball stuff, and I was just wondering who won the MVP last season and comparing stats, who was putting up better numbers???

Kobe won the MVP last season along with his fourth NBA Finals ring.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Kobe won the MVP last season along with his fourth NBA Finals ring.

Lebron won MVP last season (a player award).. I didn't say who won the team trophy so LBJ is the best (Player) I don't know what ESPN you've been watching but Kobe didn't win MVP last season.
Kobe most definitly did not win the MVP last year. He won the Finals MVP, yes. But not the regular season MVP, which went to LeBron. Wade puts up the numbers he does now b/c he doesnt have anybody that is decent on his team to help him out. This is the year that the Cavs get their ring for LeBron to stay. They have everything it takes to be a championship team. They have the superstar(LeBron), the bigs down low(Shaq, Big Z, Varejao), the quick defenders outside(Moon, Parker), the traveled veteran(Shaq), and the outside shooters(Parker, Moon, Gibson, Williams, West).
Wildcats11 Wrote:We all know Wade isn't even in this discussion and this thread is Kobe and Lebron to which, your stats have proved my point. :thanks: :biggrin:

u was the one who said look at the stats and now ur avoiding them between lebron and wade?
LClion4life Wrote:Kobe most definitly did not win the MVP last year. He won the Finals MVP, yes. But not the regular season MVP, which went to LeBron. Wade puts up the numbers he does now b/c he doesnt have anybody that is decent on his team to help him out. This is the year that the Cavs get their ring for LeBron to stay. They have everything it takes to be a championship team. They have the superstar(LeBron), the bigs down low(Shaq, Big Z, Varejao), the quick defenders outside(Moon, Parker), the traveled veteran(Shaq), and the outside shooters(Parker, Moon, Gibson, Williams, West).

I stand corrected, it was the 07-08 season Kobe won the award.

Lebron is good, but outside of him none of those players can carry the load if Lebron isn't getting his. Lakers & Celtics have more than 2-3 players that can carry the load.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:u was the one who said look at the stats and now ur avoiding them between lebron and wade?

I'm not avoiding anything, Everyone already knows Lebron is better than Wade.. This thread is about Lebron and Kobe. Rondo has more of a chance of being compared to LBJ then Wade. (last nights game) kk thanks!!! :thanks:
Stupid question. Kobe Bryant is the best player in the world at the moment. Like MJ he is getting better with age. He is unstoppble, a lot of people hate him and won't give him credit, but somehow I've grown to love him and he's become my favorite player on my favorite team. He already has 3 buzzer beaters this year, he should be head and shoulders above everyone else for MVP.
James will be the best, but Kobe's not ready to give up that title just yet. It will probably be another 2-3 more years before he does. Dwayne Wade defintely belongs in the dicussion for second best though, he puts up get stats and carries a team that would be horrible without him. He also has a ring that Lebron don't have.
Lebron has done more at his age than Kobe. Lebron will do more than what Kobe finishes with
Stardust Wrote:Lebron has done more at his age than Kobe. Lebron will do more than what Kobe finishes with

He will put up more stats but he won't have the rings to show for it.
They match up well with every team in the league no matter what kind of line up they put on the floor, which is what got them last year. They didn't match up well with the likes of the Lakers and Magic, because of the lack of length and athleticism on the wing, now they have that with Moon and Parker.

Last year when they played the Magic it was this:
Nelson-Williams
Lee-West
Turkoglu-James
Lewis-Varejao
Howard-Ilgauskas

This year it is:
Nelson-Williams
Carter- Moon
Pietrus-Parker
Lewis-James
Howard-Shaq
(thats the starters when they play the Magic)

Against the Lakers it was:
Fisher-Williams
Bryant-James
Ariza-West
Odom-Varejao
Gasol-Ilgauskas

This year it is:
Fisher-Williams
Bryant-Parker
Artest-James
Gasol-Varejao
Bynum-Shaq

The Cavs match up better against every team this year opposed to last. Which will help them make a deep run into the postseason.
There is no way they matchup better with the Lakers. Still no clue.
Aslan Wrote:He will put up more stats but he won't have the rings to show for it.

You still don't get it. No one, not one person is argueing that Cavs are better than Lakers. Player against player, stats against stats, Lebron is better. That's the arguement. So Rings doesn't factor into this arguement at all. But thanks for the input. :eyeroll:
LClion4life Wrote:They match up well with every team in the league no matter what kind of line up they put on the floor, which is what got them last year. They didn't match up well with the likes of the Lakers and Magic, because of the lack of length and athleticism on the wing, now they have that with Moon and Parker.

Last year when they played the Magic it was this:
Nelson-Williams
Lee-West
Turkoglu-James
Lewis-Varejao
Howard-Ilgauskas

This year it is:
Nelson-Williams
Carter- Moon
Pietrus-Parker
Lewis-James
Howard-Shaq
(thats the starters when they play the Magic)

Against the Lakers it was:
Fisher-Williams
Bryant-James
Ariza-West
Odom-Varejao
Gasol-Ilgauskas

This year it is:
Fisher-Williams
Bryant-Parker
Artest-James
Gasol-Varejao
Bynum-Shaq

The Cavs match up better against every team this year opposed to last. Which will help them make a deep run into the postseason.

u should put the celtics on there. thats ur champs.
Wildcats11 Wrote:You still don't get it. No one, not one person is argueing that Cavs are better than Lakers. Player against player, stats against stats, Lebron is better. That's the arguement. So Rings doesn't factor into this arguement at all. But thanks for the input. :eyeroll:

Nah, I get it ********.
LeBron HAS to put up more stats because he is not on a team of Kobe's caliber. Kobe is older and has better players around him that take some stats from him in exchange for W's.Kobe is the smoothest player in the league, the best one on one player, and defintely a top defender. He is better than Lebron at this point and Kobe is still improving with age. Also he is the best closer in the game, Mr Cluthe. Kobe's hit a new level in his game and hopefully he can stay healthy and get that second MVP and his 5th ring!
This is how they matched up with Boston last year:
Rondo-Williams
Allen-West
Pierce-James
Garnett-Varejao
Perkins-Ilgauskas

This year:
Rondo-Williams
Allen-Parker
Pierce-James
Wallace-Varejao
Garnett-Shaq

Wink

couldnt of said it better
  • 1(current)
  • Next