Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BCS National Championship: (1)Alabama 37 - (2)Texas 21
Benchwarmer Wrote:Everybody is talking about McCoy being out but didn't Alabama's do it all running back Ingram only play 5 minutes the second half do to cramps?

I honestly think he could have gone back in WAY before he did but Bama was playing really conservative and was trying to use him very little just in case it got in the game to where it us. A fresh Mark Ingram against a tired Texas Defense and I like his odds. Now if we turn the tables and he plays the entire second half different story as far as that last drive. Plus its not a good comparison when Bama has a back like Richardson who didnt just have this game thrusted upon him and had only played less than 30 snaps all year. Big difference there.
Hated to see mccoy go down like that in his last game..Congrats to Bama.
TidesHoss,

How long will it take before Saban's statue is put up on the "Walk of Champions" heading into Bryant-Denny with the other National Championship winning coaches? I heard the sculptors have already been contracted and have been working non-stop HAHA Big Grin

I also heard that the Nick Saban Museum has been approved to be built right next to the Bear Bryant Museum.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:TidesHoss,

How long will it take before Saban's statue is put up on the "Walk of Champions" heading into Bryant-Denny with the other National Championship winning coaches? I heard the sculptors have already been contracted and have been working non-stop HAHA Big Grin

I also heard that the Nick Saban Museum has been approved to be built right next to the Bear Bryant Museum.
Well, the museum is to be under construction by Spring (theyve already got the bloodied/gatorade soaked shirt and those snazzy slacks he wore last night ready for enshrinement), and the statue started construction at 12:16 this morning. Both should be finished by the next national championship we win. Next year Big Grin
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Benchwarmer Wrote:Everybody is talking about McCoy being out but didn't Alabama's do it all running back Ingram only play 5 minutes the second half do to cramps?
They did the right thing by NOT playing him and letting him get hydrated. They have three very solid backs that could start for anybody in America to back him up. Trent Richardson will be a Heisman candidate after Ingram leaves. Roy Upchurch and Terry Grant are both very solid backs too. Those three could pick up the slack, but the gameplan was to just run some clock, and they werent really trying to score points until they were forced to..so they did the right thing by not playing him. I wasnt panicking with him out. Texas' defense was dialed in the second half for the most part and they didnt wanna risk him getting hurt.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Congrats to the Crimson Tide!...SEC Rules!

SEC! SEC! SEC!

On a side note,I really hope Colt McCoy is able to recover from his injury...he's a super young man and hated to see him go out, my prayers are with him and his family.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Sucks that McCoy got hurt early in the game like that, but 'Bama did what a good team should do once the opposing teams leader is out with an injury and start pointing points on the board. Texas's pass defense was phenomenal, but couldn't do that much with 'Bama on the ground. I thought the better team won whether McCoy played the entire game or not.

I agree.
Sec, sec, sec!
badbunton Wrote:I don't mean to sound mean, not start a rumble, but I have to say this..... never, the entire game was a clear definition given to the nature of McCoys injury, other than a sprain. His post game interview contradicted the highlights of him during the second half on the sideline. His high fives and overhead clapping would lead me to be believe he had feeling in his arm. I can't help but think that this was a national championship game, and his injury was described a sprain. Don't mean to sound harsh but, get a cortizone shot and play, if only to lead a running game. If I were a lineman who had worked my butt off to protect his all year and years before, and if I wasn't going Pro myself, I would probably tell him to take his NFL checkbook and go to the house. I want go to players on my team, not cop out guys. I am a SEC diehard, and am so proud that Bama won, however, I just am amazed that Colt McCoy went out with a sprain, and watched that game from the sideline. I question heart....I know millions talk, however, what does a goose egg performance in a losing game do for him in the draft...except provide a perfect excuse, I sprained my arm. Just food for thought!!!! Don't shoot me. I felt sorry for Gilbert, and 18 year old kid put in that position could ruin his entire college career, not to mention he stood to be the starter next year. It was just an unfair situation to be put in. Texas showed heart, I appreciate that. With all that said Roll Tide Roll and Go SEC....the strongest, fastest, biggest conference in college football.

First off, just because he was able to move his arm on the sideline does not mean that he had feeling in it. There are motor nerves and sensory nerves. Also, the move that you were seeing on the sideline is much different than having the strength and coordination to throw a football.

Secondly, a cortizone shot would only help pain, which he did not have.

As far as him copping out or not having heart, he tried to return to the game. As I watched post game interviews and read reports, I heard Mack Brown say that Colt tried to return, but he would not let him. Also, when it showed Colt's dad going into the locker room, it was because Colt told the trainers and doctors that he could return. His dad told Colt to throw him the ball. Colt attempted three times and could not throw it 7 yards to him. His dad told him he was done.

I do not think that Colt would cop out because of the money. He has worked for four years for that game and could have left for the NFL last year, but came back to win a national championship. Colt McCoy is a CLASS ACT!!!

At the time you posted this without the benefit of hearing the reports I can see where you were coming from though. Unless you are a Texas fan or a follower of Colt McCoy to know what type of person/player he is.
With this win, it make the SEC 4 in a row. By the way the SEC look this year. They might make it 5 next year. LSU and Auburn both look good this year. Add in Bama and FL.
Congrats bama!!! i was cheering for ya the whole time..Just wish Colt was out there and healthy..I actually think the game could been different had he been there...24-21 bam leads but Texas has the ball..You know colt would got to FG range!!!Not the best Bama has played all year
Anyone else notice the CLASS that Colt had after the game...He thanked god for everything and felt it was gods plan and he had control of his life...And bragged on the back up QB and congratulated BAMA 3 times...
theVILLE Wrote:Congrats bama!!! i was cheering for ya the whole time..Just wish Colt was out there and healthy..I actually think the game could been different had he been there...24-21 bam leads but Texas has the ball..You know colt would got to FG range!!!Not the best Bama has played all year
Anyone else notice the CLASS that Colt had after the game...He thanked god for everything and felt it was gods plan and he had control of his life...And bragged on the back up QB and congratulated BAMA 3 times...

Yes, I did and I was impressed by that and he has gained my utmost respect for not being politically correct and standing up for his Christian beliefs. I also lost respect for ESPN this morning when I was watching ESPNews and they cut that portion of his interview out.
How do you guys feel the voting will end up and whom, where?
Augie Garrido Wrote:How do you guys feel the voting will end up and whom, where?

It was already out this morning. I heard it on the radio, so I don't have the link but I believe I heard it was:

1. Bama
2. Florida
3. Texas
4. TCU
Stardust Wrote:It was already out this morning. I heard it on the radio, so I don't have the link but I believe I heard it was:

1. Bama
2. Florida
3. Texas
4. TCU
Was it AP or Coaches? I can't see TCU moving ahead of Boise State.
Stardust Wrote:It was already out this morning. I heard it on the radio, so I don't have the link but I believe I heard it was:

1. Bama
2. Florida
3. Texas
4. TCU

How could TCU still be ahead of Boise State when they lost to the Broncos in the Fiesta Bowl!
leecoukfan Wrote:How could TCU still be ahead of Boise State when they lost to the Broncos in the Fiesta Bowl!

I did mess that up.
It should be:
1. Bama
2. Boise
3. Florida
4. Texas
5. Ohio St.
LClion4life Wrote:It should be:
1. Bama
2. Boise
3. Florida
4. Texas
5. Ohio St.

BSU gets credit for being undefeted, but no way they were better than Florida, maybe not as good as Texas
I just feel that of there is only two undefeated teams left, they should be ranked at the top.
Ithink it would have been a better game if colt played but i love that bama won
ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!!!!!!!
Good win for BAMA..... way to go
The last four years have proved that the SEC champion should be GUARANTEED a spot in the national title game regardless if they have a loss or not. The game really is played at a different speed right now in the SEC. Final AP poll last four seasons:

2009- #1- Alabama, #3- Florida
2008- #1- Florida, #6- Alabama (would have been 2 or 3 had they beat Utah)
2007- #1- LSU, #2- Georgia (denied a shot at the SEC title game with early losses to S. Carolina and UT - destroyed Hawaii in the Sugar Bowl)
2006- #1- Florida

The SEC has won 6 of the 12 BCS Championship games, and are now 6-0 all-time!
2004- #2- Auburn (13-0) not selected for BCS title game
2003- #2- LSU - BCS Champions
1998- #1- Tennessee