Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who are the best boys middle school basketball players in EKY?
???? do tell
Its gotta be Camron Justice and Johnny Miller from Feds Creek
You have to put the 6th grader from RW Combs in this conversation. He is averaging bout 35 a game in 8th grade ball. If you havent heard of him or watched him play you NEED too. Maybe, the best player in the mountains 8th grade and under. Should play some varsity BBall next year. He's last name is Beverly.
bdub Wrote:You have to put the 6th grader from RW Combs in this conversation. He is averaging bout 35 a game in 8th grade ball. If you havent heard of him or watched him play you NEED too. Maybe, the best player in the mountains 8th grade and under. Should play some varsity BBall next year. He's last name is Beverly.

I watch braxton play all the time..the team scored 49 points and beat emmalena and he had 42 of them...he is a great defender too...and its not just this game he does this every game
Its no doubt in my mind its Camron Justice from Feds Creek----have you watched this kid play? Man he can turn up the heat when needed.
if we are talking about an all around 8th player it would have to be Darion Burns from Fleming County, Ky. he can score, pass, dribble, rebound, and a good defensive player. he is a top notch player. if you haven't seen or heard of him you need to check him out.
camron justice is prolly the best player i havent seen him play but i've heard he has a lot if skill and god heart and tyler daniels is a good player from sf
in my opinion i think that camron justice id a great overall play he has good skills and is a good player. tyler daniles is also a good player when he is at the top of his game he is hard to stop.
Dorton has two very good players in Owen Caudill, and Cody Belter. I think Cody is 6ft9 3/4 or therabout and still growing, and eating cornbread and molasses, ha ha, just kidding!!
bdub Wrote:You have to put the 6th grader from RW Combs in this conversation. He is averaging bout 35 a game in 8th grade ball. If you havent heard of him or watched him play you NEED too. Maybe, the best player in the mountains 8th grade and under. Should play some varsity BBall next year. He's last name is Beverly.

Braxton broke the 6th grade single game scoring record a the BCI this weekend. They announced it as 38 points. Congratulations!
Dylan Hamilton (BL) Peyton Case (BL-7th grader)and Tyler Daniels (SF) are 3 of the best in Floyd Co. and Eastern Ky.
coachatwesley Wrote:Dylan Hamilton (BL) Peyton Case (BL-7th grader)and Tyler Daniels (SF) are 3 of the best in Floyd Co. and Eastern Ky.

3 of the best you'll find anywhere. And Peyton Case is only a 7th grader!! Fun to watch, not so fun to play against lol
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:Braxton broke the 6th grade single game scoring record a the BCI this weekend. They announced it as 38 points. Congratulations!

Shane Hall had 36 against Wayne Co. 2 years ago at the KBA, which was the record. Congrats to Braxton. He and Shane were teammates on KY Elite last year(AAU state champs). Braxton was the youngest kid on the team and did well.
Here is a picture of Shane Hall, Braxton Beverly and Cameron Justice. I thought some people might like to see this.

[attachment=o1849]
cart man Wrote:Here is a picture of Shane Hall, Braxton Beverly and Cameron Justice. I thought some people might like to see this.

[attachment=o1849]
This is the 3 best that I have seen in the mountains period. All three could play early anywhere in the state, I mean anywhere!!!! How great would it be to have all 3 coming up in one great school program. Furthermore, all are great kids and excellent students in the classroom.
I watched this kid ( Braxton) play over at KBA this past weekend. One of the best I have ever seen for a 6th grader and his dad was a class act.
As far as 8th grade, point guard from Wolfe County is a great ball handler and has to be one of the best mentioned.
CoolHandLuke Wrote:I watched this kid ( Braxton) play over at KBA this past weekend. One of the best I have ever seen for a 6th grader and his dad was a class act.
As far as 8th grade, point guard from Wolfe County is a great ball handler and has to be one of the best mentioned.

I have not got to watch the kid from Wolfe County yet. I hear is is very good. I know he starts for the High School team. I'd like to say that the mountains have some very good young talent right now. Maybe some of the best I've seen in a long time. Should make some great high school games in eastern ky down the road.
how tall is shane hall????
back_in_black Wrote:how tall is shane hall????

pretty sure 6'4" or 6'5" with unbelievable athleticism
In the picture above he was about 6'3 and is now 6'5. His vertical is 30+ right now.
i think cody sexton and hunter hall from mjp them kids can play
The best players I have seen are Shane Hall in the 8th, Justice in the 7th, and Beverly in the 6th. All 3 of these kids can flat out play.
Shane in warm-ups.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmsdZhDIAp8"]YouTube- Shane Hall 8th grade (2014 class)[/ame]
Like I said unbelievable athleticism. That looks effortless for him to dunk.
No question, very gifted young man on and off the court. It was a pleasure having him part of Ky Elite last year, and wish him the best of luck in the future.
coachatwesley Wrote:Like I said unbelievable athleticism. That looks effortless for him to dunk.

Not hard to dunk when your 6'5, with any kind of athleticism.

If Shane works hard this summer(Ball-Handling/Shooting/Post Moves) and gets stronger, and every off-season from here on out, we could have something special here folks.
Agreed, how do you know them?
IT'S GOT TO BE CAMERON JUSTICE OF FEDS CREEK AND CODY BELTER FROM DORTON.AND A COUPLE FROM VIRGIE ANDREW NEWSOME AND JOHN JOHNSON.ALL THESE YOUNG BOYS ARE EXCELLANT BALL PLAYERS,BUT CAMERON JUSTICE HAS GOT TO BE ONE OF THE BEST BALL PLAYERS IN THE STATE.THIS KID IS UNREAL THE WAY HE CAN FINISH UP AT THE GOAL WITH EITHER HAND.SO KEEP AN EYE ON THIS KID HE WILL BE GOING PLACES.GOOD LUCK TO ALL PLAYERS.GO EAGLES!!!!!!:Cheerlead
Has any seen Matt Fudge from Adair Co. I think he is coach's son.
any thoughts on matt ison from paintsville???