Poll: Who Wins???
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
(3) Kentucky Wildcats
86.05%
Florida Gators
13.95%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(2)Kentucky @ Florida 1/12
thoughts/predictions???

9:00 pm ESPN
Let's get the Georgia game complete first
UK by 8.
They need to play better though because Florida can beat them.
Ughh. I just don't feel good about this game. I don't think I'm ready to pick it, but right now my Heart says UK, my head says UF.

I think this game is ripe for a loss. It is very difficult to play at Florida. Florida has played under expectations. The Cats have shown a weakness that they have to overcome in playing against the zone. Florida won't be afraid of the Cats. Florida will be rocking playing not just UK, but the #3 UK. There are a lot of things that make this game tough to call.

On the flip side, the Cats are way better athletically. They can dominate the inside against Florida. Wall is the best player in the nation, and he will be psyched for the Nationaly covered game played on Primetime TV. PPat will be making his last appearance at Florida, a place that he wants to win at badly.

Best team is UK hands down. Is UF capable of winning this game? Yes!
Stardust Wrote:Ughh. I just don't feel good about this game. I don't think I'm ready to pick it, but right now my Heart says UK, my head says UF.

I think this game is ripe for a loss. It is very difficult to play at Florida. Florida has played under expectations. The Cats have shown a weakness that they have to overcome in playing against the zone. Florida won't be afraid of the Cats. Florida will be rocking playing not just UK, but the #3 UK. There are a lot of things that make this game tough to call.

On the flip side, the Cats are way better athletically. They can dominate the inside against Florida. Wall is the best player in the nation, and he will be psyched for the Nationaly covered game played on Primetime TV. PPat will be making his last appearance at Florida, a place that he wants to win at badly.

THIS game worried me as the one game that the Cats might REALLY have some trouble in (this was before UGA beat Ga Tech). Billy Donovan is a great motivator and he will have Alex, Chandler and the bigs ready to fight.

I think Demarcus is primed for a big game and I think Patterson either plays GREAT or really POOR. He will NOT let the Cats come out flat, so I think he plays well.
If Uk wins Wall, Patterson, Bledsoe, and Cousins have to have a b ig game and have help off the bench
Kentucky
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I'll take the Cats by 6.
UK in another close one. maybe by 3
NYY10 Wrote:UK in another close one. maybe by 3

Probably
Big Cuz is the key. UK by 4.
I honestly think Liggins should start over Miller...Liggins has really looked good lately.
This will be the cats first SEC game on the road, it will be interesting to see how the young cats handle the hostile environment.
Uk by 10+ they played down to georgia and cal wont let it happen 2 games in a row.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Uk by 10+ they played down to georgia and cal wont let it happen 2 games in a row.

They have played down to alot of teams this year.
UK should win this game by at least 10 points. Florida is very inconsistant.
17-0, (2-0 in SEC) Will be close to start the second half, but the Cats pull away with only a few minutes to go! GO GATS!!!
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
Stardust Wrote:Ughh. I just don't feel good about this game. I don't think I'm ready to pick it, but right now my Heart says UK, my head says UF.

You're right about Florida being capable of beating UK along with about 4 other SEC teams.( Vandy, South Car., Ole Miss and Miss state )
Sometimes the best team dosen't win. Fla. can really shoot the 3 ball, this is one of UK's weaknesses in defending it. If Boyington is on his game he will match Wall & Bledsoe point for point. I think the key to UK winning is their bench play and getting Miller involved offensively. To this point in the season Miller hasn't really brought anything to the game. It appears that Dodson could really step up and get the starting job from Miller, or maybe Liggins. UK got more out of Liggins in the Georgia than it did frim Miller. Anyway, there are several teams that can beat UK on any given night. Got to bring the A game every time out. JMO.
If the game is in Gainesville UK by 2, If the game is in Lexington the cats by 10.
Silent Storm 69 Wrote:UK by 8.
They need to play better though because Florida can beat them.

I agree. Florida is going to be tough.
UK by 6 in OT
wrestler_119 Wrote:They have played down to alot of teams this year.

Yes they have
I think UK comes out and floors the Gators. They have played a few tough games lately, and I think they go into Gainesville and rout the Gators. The Georgia game scared me more than this one. Florida is a team with a ton of talent, but no heart. When you pounce on them, they sink. Cats 79-64. GO BIG BLUE!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ill take the cats by 11
UK-82
UF-71
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
UK may be walking into a trap. UF will be fresh off a loss and UK always struggles in the O-Dome. As bad as I hate to say it, I think the odds of the undefeated season coming to an end are favoring UF right now.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:UK may be walking into a trap. UF will be fresh off a loss and UK always struggles in the O-Dome. As bad as I hate to say it, I think the odds of the undefeated season coming to an end are favoring UF right now.

I tend to agree with you
TidesHoss32 Wrote:I think UK comes out and floors the Gators. They have played a few tough games lately, and I think they go into Gainesville and rout the Gators. The Georgia game scared me more than this one. Florida is a team with a ton of talent, but no heart. When you pounce on them, they sink. Cats 79-64. GO BIG BLUE!

I certainly hope you are right. I just don't know if the Cats know how to put other team away just yet. We have seen a number of games that the Cats have pounced early only to let the other team work their way back into the game.
kyrifle Wrote:You're right about Florida being capable of beating UK along with about 4 other SEC teams.( Vandy, South Car., Ole Miss and Miss state )
Sometimes the best team dosen't win. Fla. can really shoot the 3 ball, this is one of UK's weaknesses in defending it. If Boyington is on his game he will match Wall & Bledsoe point for point. I think the key to UK winning is their bench play and getting Miller involved offensively. To this point in the season Miller hasn't really brought anything to the game. It appears that Dodson could really step up and get the starting job from Miller, or maybe Liggins. UK got more out of Liggins in the Georgia than it did frim Miller. Anyway, there are several teams that can beat UK on any given night. Got to bring the A game every time out. JMO.

This will be a big road test. The gators and their fans will be ready for the Big Blue. The Gators only get big minutes out of 6-7 players and the Cats size and bench may be the difference in the game. I think the bench, especially Miller's spot in the lineup is the key. The Cats need a consistent player/shooter to step up in that role. I seriously thought Miller would shine in that role but to this point has not been the guy. Ligins is a better defender, more aggressive and bring a lot of energy but lacks consistent outside shooting as well. Maybe Dodson steps up to take the role. Regardless of who it is UK needs that guy to be a truely great team.
Uk has a better frontcourt and a better backcourt. Uk is bigger, faster, and deeper then florida too so I really don't see us losing this game. UK 78 uf 72
catsfan4ever Wrote:Uk has a better frontcourt and a better backcourt. Uk is bigger, faster, and deeper then florida too so I really don't see us losing this game. UK 78 uf 72

Correct, but can't you say that against every team that the Cats have and will face this season? I still think it will bite the Cats at some point this season if they do not do a better job:

1) Defending the 3
2) Keeping Cousins out of foul trouble in the first half of everygame
3) Figure out the 3-2 Zone defense