Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top 5 Pitchers in 15th Region?
Just wanted to know who everyone sees as the top 5 pitchers in the 15th
Chase Huffman - Pikeville
Brenton Hamilton from P-burg
Chase is number one for sure, i am on the football team with him and he has a lot of power on his throws. He is pretty accurat to. so i rank him over Brenton for sure
I didnt mean that Brenton was better just a top pitcher.
Chase Huffman is probably the best in the region.
The Blanton kid from Johnson Central is pretty tough.
What about the Top 5? Everyone knows about Huffman and Blanton, and the whole deal with Brenton Hamilton transferring to P-burg supposedly for Basebal.

But what about other pitchers that are good that nobody ever talks about??? Let's see if we can get a top 5 out of anyone?
Chase Huffman-Pikeville Banane09.: [/Sub]
Hamilton is a good pitcher but not top 5 material.
Blanton- Johnson Central
Huffman- Pikeville
McCown- Pikeville
Fyffe- Johnson Central
LeMaster- Paintsville
Fyffe is good to be a sophomore this year. I look to see him be pretty dominant his Junior and Senior year. I played with him this fall, he's a real good kid, and he has his head on straight. Not to mention he loves the game--and that's what it takes to be great.
I heard that P-Burg could be getting another transfer that would make a big impact on the program.
There is no transfer that could make an impact on that program.
They dont have much of a chance this season.
Brenton is an alright pitcher for sure but Chase out throws him 90% of the time
Top 5 (in no particular order

Adam Blanton (Johnson Central)
Chase Huffman (Pikeville)
Wade McCown (Pikeville)
Josh LeMaster (Paintsville)
Brenton Hamilton (Prestonsburg)
"dominator05" Wrote:What about the Top 5? Everyone knows about Huffman and Blanton, and the whole deal with Brenton Hamilton transferring to P-burg supposedly for Basebal.

But what about other pitchers that are good that nobody ever talks about??? Let's see if we can get a top 5 out of anyone?

Hamilton didn't transfer to P-burg for baseball. He transfered because he had a lot of friends and family that goes to P-burg and I'm sure it was the best for his family.

Posted Fri Jan 21, 2005 3:16 pm:

"Daddy" Wrote:There is no transfer that could make an impact on that program.
They dont have much of a chance this season.

Prestonsburg will be fine this year, they will prove a lot of people wrong.
They may win a few but they will not be a threat.
I dont see Prestonsburg proving too many people wrong this year. Hamilton is a solid pitcher but will he be able to succeed without a strong defense like he had at Pikeville last year? I wish him and Prestonsburg the best but its going to take a major effort on EVERYONES part.
I agree with ya, 13. Brenton had one of the best, if not the best, defensive teams backing him up. Walls, Hamilton, McCown, Parrish, Adams, Spears, Robinson, Smith, and many others helped him tremendously. I'm not saying he isn't a good pitcher-we all know he is very skilled. I just think he might struggle a little just because he doesn't have the same caliber defense at P-burg as he did at Pikeville.
What is wrong with you people? did everyone forget about Tyler Turner(AC) and Scott Allen(SF)they are both really good pitchers when they are on
"T-Balls" Wrote:What is wrong with you people? did everyone forget about Tyler Turner(AC) and Scott Allen(SF)they are both really good pitchers when they are on

How could I forget somebody I've never heard of?
how about justin anderson from pikeville? i hear hes pretty good..
1. Blanton - JC
2. LeMaster - Paintsville
3. Huffman - Pikeville
4. Horn - Sheldon Clark

5. Tie
McCown - Pikeville
Conley - JC
"alfus21" Wrote:
"T-Balls" Wrote:What is wrong with you people? did everyone forget about Tyler Turner(AC) and Scott Allen(SF)they are both really good pitchers when they are on

How could I forget somebody I've never heard of?

Agreed.

Posted Sun Feb 13, 2005 5:20 pm:

"PHS (cant catch us)" Wrote:how about justin anderson from pikeville? i hear hes pretty good..

Jut is a good guy and a good pitcher, but not top 5 material.
1.Blanton
2.Huffman
3.Hensley
4.McCown
5.Lemaster will ahve to prove somthing first he hasnt pitched in high school since he was a sophmore and i heard he was having knee, weight, and wasnt throwing but around 75-78
Conley
Anderson
Fife
Slone is a contender
"NIMROD" Wrote:1.Blanton
2.Huffman
3.Hensley
4.McCown
5.Lemaster will ahve to prove somthing first he hasnt pitched in high school since he was a sophmore and i heard he was having knee, weight, and wasnt throwing but around 75-78
Conley
Anderson
Fife
Slone is a contender

LeMaster might not have played and pitched in high scholl last year, but he pitched in his summer league where he faced MUCH BETTER competition then he would in the 15th region.
"Bill_Don" Wrote:
"NIMROD" Wrote:1.Blanton
2.Huffman
3.Hensley
4.McCown
Conley
Anderson
Fife
Slone is a contender

LeMaster might not have played and pitched in high scholl last year, but he pitched in his summer league where he faced MUCH BETTER competition then he would in the 15th region.

Yeah, I heard that he did throw in fall ball this season. I also heard that he was getting clocked at 75-78...we wont be able to judge Josh LeMaster until mid-to-end part of the season.
Larry perkins (magoffin county)
Pburgs sophmore Josh Roughdbaugh can pitch a 92 mph fastball !
And in little league he won the century 21 state ! homerun derby Back to Back !
i think one fo the top pitchers for the 15th region would have to be magoffin countys own larry perklins hes a outstanding pitcher this being his last season i look for him to unleash something big 4 the hornets..