Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who are the Best Post Players in the 15th?

1. Kayla lowe from Pike Central
  2. ? anyone anyone
Chelsee Jarrell is pretty awesome...
Brittany Hogston
How could Kayla Lowe be the best post player when she don't stay under the goal or even post up. She is to busy wanting to be a point guard which she is too tall for. :rules:
Pike Central has some other big girls that came from the Johns Creek and Mullins but will not use them. And from what I saw during the Lady Hawk classic they need all the big girls they can get.
"foulshot" Wrote:Pike Central has some other big girls that came from the Johns Creek and Mullins but will not use them. And from what I saw during the Lady Hawk classic they need all the big girls they can get.
Name names, please........
"foulshot" Wrote:How could Kayla Lowe be the best post player when she don't stay under the goal or even post up. She is to busy wanting to be a point guard which she is too tall for. :rules:

Haha, I noticed that too.

Hogston is a force inside.
Brittany had 19 points against KCC and 13 points against PC, she fouled out that game or she would have had more. I don't know how many rebounds she has, but you better believe that it is ALOT. I wouldn't want to post up against her. Over 6 feet and knows how to use it.
Jarrell has had a double-double both games so far, not to mention what she did at the end of last season.
Everyone says that Jarrell is a powerhouse inside.
This summer though, Conley and Hogston owned her.
Johnson Central-Wireman
Paintsville-Jarrell
Phelps-Coleman, Slone
Yea i agree foul shot but she did a great job tonight so maybe that will begin to change...
but i would love to know who these other girls ae b/c besides haley no one is close to the heigth of her on the team lol
"thetribe" Wrote:Everyone says that Jarrell is a powerhouse inside.
This summer though, Conley and Hogston owned her.

Did Conley and Hogston just get finished playing more than 25 games in a week and half before playing against Jarrell. Jarrell had just got back from Pat Summit camp 2 days before the camp at Pikeville, not to mention she left for the Pat Summit camp from Team Camp where she played 3-4 games every day, and multiple games everyday at UT, I would say she was a little tired. Ask Johnson Central and Magoffin County how good she is, she has only dominated every time she has played them the last 2 years. Wait til her knee heels up to 100%, those double-double numbers will just get higher and higher.

Other than Jarrell:

Emily Wireman - Johnson Central
Calloray Howard - Magoffin County
Kayla Lowe - Pike Central
"Red and Black" Wrote:Did Conley and Hogston just get finished playing more than 25 games in a week and half before playing against Jarrell. Jarrell had just got back from Pat Summit camp 2 days before the camp at Pikeville, not to mention she left for the Pat Summit camp from Team Camp where she played 3-4 games every day, and multiple games everyday at UT, I would say she was a little tired. Ask Johnson Central and Magoffin County how good she is, she has only dominated every time she has played them the last 2 years. Wait til her knee heels up to 100%, those double-double numbers will just get higher and higher.

Calm down bubby. Just saying what I heard. I did not see the game nor have I saw Jarrell play. I can't wait until the ER vs. Magoffin game though.
There probably is not a real dominate post player or any player for that matter in the 15th region. The region is wide open as well as region POY.

The post player I'd choose to start my team would be Jarrell. Yes, she's out of shape right now from her injuries. But, give her a few weeks and she'll be back to playing like last February. In two games this year she has 30 points, 21 rebounds, and 5 blocks. That's 15 pts, 10.5 reb, and 2.5 blocks a game. Expect these numbers to continue to go up all year. I look for her to average 18 pts, 15-18 reb, and 4-5 blocks.
"sportwhiz" Wrote:There probably is not a real dominate post player or any player for that matter in the 15th region. The region is wide open as well as region POY.

The post player I'd choose to start my team would be Jarrell. Yes, she's out of shape right now from her injuries. But, give her a few weeks and she'll be back to playing like last February. In two games this year she has 30 points, 21 rebounds, and 5 blocks. That's 15 pts, 10.5 reb, and 2.5 blocks a game. Expect these numbers to continue to go up all year. I look for her to average 18 pts, 15-18 reb, and 4-5 blocks.

How did Jarrell do tonight against Betsy Layne sportwhiz, did you make the game.
Jarrell would be my top post player!
"Red and Black" Wrote:How did Jarrell do tonight against Betsy Layne sportwhiz, did you make the game.
15 points and 5 rebounds. She sat for about 10 minutes because of a few stupid fouls. She sometimes does that when she gets tired.
Hey RED AND BLACK, what are you trying to do make excuses for Jarrell.. No matter what I am sure that she rested on her way home didn't she.. Yeah that is what I thought...
Kayla Lowe has been a perimeter player since she has been playing HS Basketball. It is only this year that, with the defections of Kim and AD, she has HAD to move to the post. She will be one of the, if not THE, best bigs in the 15th by season's end IMO.
i bleive that jessica tackett and heather dean from south floyd are very good post players
Dean averages 4 block shots per game and 9 rebounds.
Kayla Lowe from pc but they need some of the big girls from johns creek and mullins
"WeisGuy" Wrote:Kayla Lowe has been a perimeter player since she has been playing HS Basketball. It is only this year that, with the defections of Kim and AD, she has HAD to move to the post. She will be one of the, if not THE, best bigs in the 15th by season's end IMO.

Exactly. If it wasn't for Kim and AD moving, Lowe would still be a perimeter player. I think she is adjusting nicely to the thought of being a post. I did see her grab some nice rebounds during the Lady Hawk Tip Off Classic. However, she does need to post up more and make a bigger target for the gaurds. Pcc has some small gaurds that won't be able to see her in the post unless she makes a big target. But overall I think she is doing fantastic.:Thumbs:
"thetribe" Wrote:Brittany Hogston

I agree. ER is strong inside but they need to learn to defend under the goal. How many times did Pike County Central sneak someone in behind them and either score on an easy lay up or get fouled? I am not taking anything away from the girls at ER, I think they have loads of talent..but that's just something I think they need to work on.
Kayla Lowe is a good player
calloray howard, mikayla howard (srry if i spelled ur name wrong) magoffin
chealse jarrel-paintsville
kayla lowe or jessica blackburn