Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mark McGwire finally ready to talk about the past, admits using steroids & HGH
While it's very nice of him to come clean, he still cheated and broke the law to do so. No Hall for him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/print?id=...type=story

This seems like a good place for this:

[Image: http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w186/...85156e.jpg]
He will make the HOF someday. It's just too hard to keep the admitted or proven one's out when there are so many that we will never know about. I think there needs to be a distinction of players from the Steroid era and unfortunately that will lump all, including innocent, into the same cesspool.
Surprise, surprise.

Funny pic BTW.
Nobody ever doubted it!
Stardust Wrote:He will make the HOF someday. It's just too hard to keep the admitted or proven one's out when there are so many that we will never know about. I think there needs to be a distinction of players from the Steroid era and unfortunately that will lump all, including innocent, into the same cesspool.

Taken in order: No, he won't. If anything, he lost voters among the writers today because now the voters with double standards can't play the "nobody knows for sure whether McGwire used steroids or not" card anymore. And it's not too hard to keep the admitted/proven ones out---you just don't vote for them; about half the BBWAA voters will not vote for a known steroid user under any circumstances and it only takes 25 percent plus one more voter to keep a player out of the Hall Of Fame in the first place. There won't be any such distinction---Bud Selig won't even admit that there was a steroid era in baseball.

I can think of a handful who have Hall-worthy careers and who I'm certain weren't using, including one in particular---think of a slugger who got hurt a lot, took a long time to recover each time and still managed to hit 630 home runs (so far). And let's be honest: there are only a handful of guys at any given time who are Hall-worthy in the first place. Cut out the ones you know or are fairly certain used and you've only cut a couple.
about time
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TomSportsHack Wrote:Taken in order: No, he won't. If anything, he lost voters among the writers today because now the voters with double standards can't play the "nobody knows for sure whether McGwire used steroids or not" card anymore. And it's not too hard to keep the admitted/proven ones out---you just don't vote for them; about half the BBWAA voters will not vote for a known steroid user under any circumstances and it only takes 25 percent plus one more voter to keep a player out of the Hall Of Fame in the first place. There won't be any such distinction---Bud Selig won't even admit that there was a steroid era in baseball.

I can think of a handful who have Hall-worthy careers and who I'm certain weren't using, including one in particular---think of a slugger who got hurt a lot, took a long time to recover each time and still managed to hit 630 home runs (so far). And let's be honest: there are only a handful of guys at any given time who are Hall-worthy in the first place. Cut out the ones you know or are fairly certain used and you've only cut a couple.

If you are talking about Junior, there is already rumors that he did in Seattle after he broke his wrist. He stopped when he left for Cincy, and that is the reason his body broke down. May be no one clean after all this comes to light.
Your morning Big Moody update ...

FBI investigators uncovered details of McGwire's steroids regimen (as well as that of Canseco) almost two decades ago.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/print?id=...type=story

So much for that bit about using steroids to help heal injuries.
Stardust Wrote:He will make the HOF someday. It's just too hard to keep the admitted or proven one's out when there are so many that we will never know about. I think there needs to be a distinction of players from the Steroid era and unfortunately that will lump all, including innocent, into the same cesspool.

I agree.
Stardust Wrote:If you are talking about Junior, there is already rumors that he did in Seattle after he broke his wrist. He stopped when he left for Cincy, and that is the reason his body broke down. May be no one clean after all this comes to light.

I hate to hear this.
What bothers me most isn't that he used steriods. It's that he refuses to admit steroids helped him hit homeruns. He says that he had a gift to hit homeruns and steroids only helped him recover from injuries. Well, bulls**t. Yeah he had a gift and steroids didn't help him hit the ball, but they helped him hit it farther. Steroids literally make you super human. He could have been a great homerun hitter without them, but not as good as he was with them.
And we're supposed to believe him that the steroids had no effect on home run hitting.I'm not buying it.
Really??? Steroids??? I'm so shocked!!! The next thing your going to say is that Sosa and The Rocket took them too.:lmao: