Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hazard 45 Virgie 43
Hazard wins at Virgie 45-43 (8th grade). Congrats Dawgs! Hazard 7th wins tonight, too.
Congrats Dawgs
I heard the officiating in this game was deplorable and Hazard was lucky to come out with a win. At one point Hazard had 20+ fouls while Virgie had 3. This is a shame. I realize officiating is a subjective thing, but refs should be honest when calling these games. After all, what does cheating by the adults (refs) teach kids? You can cheat and get away with it and ultimately get what you want. The sad thing is, this only seems to be getting worse on all levels of sports activities. I know these refs in the middle school ranks aren't policed by the KHSAA (at least I think this is true), but someone needs to step in and begin to oversee the officiating a little more closely!
Congratulations to the Bulldogs on this difficult win and keep up the good work!
Who were the refs for this game? Was one of them a lady? We recently played a couple of games ourselves were the refs were a factor in our game but we weren't as lucky to pull out a win we only lost by a couple of points in 1 game and actually went into overtime another but thanks to the refs (lady) we weren't able to bring home the win.

Congrats Hazard on a WIN well deserved. We are yet to play Virgie on their home court and I really dread now to see how the officiating will go. I know we won when we played the Eagles on our home court. Again CONGRATS Hazard on your VICTORY!!!!
This happens alot in middle school especially and nothing seems to get done about it. It's hard when you watch your kids giving everything and you know the calls aren't right. Great job Dawgs
i do not believe that the foul situation was 20 to 3. I think it was more like 8 to 3 in the 2nd half. Virgie committing 3 fouls and Hazard committing 8. I could be wrong but that would be close.

The two official there were licensed by the KHSAA. Virgie has agreed to get all their games called by a licensed official. Dorton does this as well.

I think all schools should go through the KHSAA to get refs. This way certain schools don't get to serve other schools "Home Cooking" Referees should never cheat a child but it happens.

Viking mom i wouldn't worry about coming to Virgie. I am sure they will get fair referees.
viking_mom Wrote:Who were the refs for this game? Was one of them a lady? We recently played a couple of games ourselves were the refs were a factor in our game but we weren't as lucky to pull out a win we only lost by a couple of points in 1 game and actually went into overtime another but thanks to the refs (lady) we weren't able to bring home the win.

Congrats Hazard on a WIN well deserved. We are yet to play Virgie on their home court and I really dread now to see how the officiating will go. I know we won when we played the Eagles on our home court. Again CONGRATS Hazard on your VICTORY!!!!
Are you serious ?
Yes, I am serious as a heart attack! I am sure everyone knows the (lady) ref I am speaking of. Pretty sure she is from Dorton area.
viking_mom Wrote:Yes, I am serious as a heart attack! I am sure everyone knows the (lady) ref I am speaking of. Pretty sure she is from Dorton area.
To say she cost FedCreek that game.............Oh yeah this thread isn't about FC.
Didn't say this thread was about FC. Just asking a question and stating facts. If you notice I did congratulate the winning team I am sure it was a well deserved win!
viking_mom Wrote:Who were the refs for this game? Was one of them a lady? We recently played a couple of games ourselves were the refs were a factor in our game but we weren't as lucky to pull out a win we only lost by a couple of points in 1 game and actually went into overtime another but thanks to the refs (lady) we weren't able to bring home the win.

If I'm not mistaken the game your talking about was against Dorton and if I'm not mistaken Dorton has beaten FC the last three times they've played so give some credit where it is do and quit blaming every loss on a ref(pitiful). I for one was told that when Virgie came to FC that there was alot of home cooking going on over there to but I guess that's OK as long as FC gets a fair shake.:baby::baby:
justabballfan Wrote:If I'm not mistaken the game your talking about was against Dorton and if I'm not mistaken Dorton has beaten FC the last three times they've played so give some credit where it is do and quit blaming every loss on a ref(pitiful). I for one was told that when Virgie came to FC that there was alot of home cooking going on over there to but I guess that's OK as long as FC gets a fair shake.:baby::baby:

Excuse ME! I didn't mention who we played didn't want to do that. Yes, Dorton does have a good team but so does FC. Maybe you should have seen how the last couple of games were called. Yes maybe we palyed a little sloppy at time but some of the calls were outragoeus! And no, I am not blaming all of our losses on the refs we have lost to more than just Dorton and have not balmed any other on the refs. Whats up with the home cooking when we played Virgie? I for one don't know what you are talking about. There were some good calls and some bad calls I think it went both ways. Can't really remember the refs but I do remember it being a tough game for the boys. I understand that it is hard for the refs to see everything that is going on and sometime there is some bad calls made.

I would like to say good luck to both teams when they meet but as everyone knows by my name I am a true VIKING fan win or lose my VIKING boys are #1 in my eyes.:kneel:
I am pretty sure the coaches in the Mountain Middle School Conference all agreed to use KHSAA licensed refs for conference games.
viking_mom Wrote:Excuse ME! I didn't mention who we played didn't want to do that. Yes, Dorton does have a good team but so does FC. Maybe you should have seen how the last couple of games were called. Yes maybe we palyed a little sloppy at time but some of the calls were outragoeus! And no, I am not blaming all of our losses on the refs we have lost to more than just Dorton and have not balmed any other on the refs. Whats up with the home cooking when we played Virgie? I for one don't know what you are talking about. There were some good calls and some bad calls I think it went both ways. Can't really remember the refs but I do remember it being a tough game for the boys. I understand that it is hard for the refs to see everything that is going on and sometime there is some bad calls made.

I would like to say good luck to both teams when they meet but as everyone knows by my name I am a true VIKING fan win or lose my VIKING boys are #1 in my eyes.:kneel:

Viking Mom, when Fedscreek played Virgie at FC, one of Feds Creek natives came out of the stands to ref (CJ). He even had a kid on the Feds Creek team. This is a fact. So please, you of all people shouldn't be complaining about refs or inferring you lost a game to Dorton because of one or dread to come to Virgie.
Wizard, you are exactly right on!!!! If you will notice , viking mom always has an excuse when they lose. What ever happened to losing because the team or one or two on the team were having an off night!!! It happens with all teams. FC played at Mullins and complained, played Dorton, complained, played other teams and any time they lost she complained about something, When they come to Virgie expect it.... she will complain!!!!!!
viking_mom Wrote:Excuse ME! I didn't mention who we played didn't want to do that. Yes, Dorton does have a good team but so does FC. Maybe you should have seen how the last couple of games were called. Yes maybe we palyed a little sloppy at time but some of the calls were outragoeus! And no, I am not blaming all of our losses on the refs we have lost to more than just Dorton and have not balmed any other on the refs. Whats up with the home cooking when we played Virgie? I for one don't know what you are talking about. There were some good calls and some bad calls I think it went both ways. Can't really remember the refs but I do remember it being a tough game for the boys. I understand that it is hard for the refs to see everything that is going on and sometime there is some bad calls made.

I know you didn't come out and say for sure it was Dorton, but all anybody had to do was look at your previous post where you talk about the lady ref and your last couple of games. I know you may not blame all of FC's losses on the refs but you are for sure blaming the lady for the two losses against Dorton at EC. and I know the refs were blamed for FC's loss to Dorton at the EXPO you could tell that by the way some of FC's fans were acting. There is three losses the refs were blamed for and I don't think FC has lost that many more games. I was at the game were Dorton was up on FC by about seventeen and it looked as if Dorton just was flat out playing them it had nothing to do with the refs. I also figured that the calls went both ways when FC and Virgie played and I would beat that it being at FC it was a very evenly called game(please). The best thing to do is remember FC has a good team but so do others such as Dorton and Virgie so quit blaming the refs every time FC losses just give the other teams some credit because maybe they just got beat by a better team and it had nothing to do with the refs. Because the last three I saw FC and Dorton play it had nothing to do with the refs it was just that Dorton outplayed them in these games. :popcorn:
Magnet Wrote:Wizard, you are exactly right on!!!! If you will notice , viking mom always has an excuse when they lose. What ever happened to losing because the team or one or two on the team were having an off night!!! It happens with all teams. FC played at Mullins and complained, played Dorton, complained, played other teams and any time they lost she complained about something, When they come to Virgie expect it.... she will complain!!!!!!

Sweetie if you go back and view all my post that was the ONLY time anything was said about the refs., This is my last time posting on the subject its old news and nothing can or would be done about it anyway.

The only thing that was said on the Mullings games was that the score wasn't correct if I remember exactly. If you win by 1 or 100 ot doesn't really matter a win is a win.
I for one never blame the refs. I tell our people not to expect any calls on the road, because the visiting team won't get any! That's just the way it is! Dorton has an excellent team, they beat F.C. fair and square, the thing the Vikings need to do is keep working hard and get better!!
I heard the "7th grade" kids at Virgie looked like they could have easily drove to the game. :biggrin:
School Admin. Wrote:I for one never blame the refs. I tell our people not to expect any calls on the road, because the visiting team won't get any! That's just the way it is! Dorton has an excellent team, they beat F.C. fair and square, the thing the Vikings need to do is keep working hard and get better!!

Excellent post admin. Might be one of the best replies I've ever heard on this site to date.:Thumbs:
I have heard this many of times. Don't quite know why, though.
Yes, they have a few big boys, none really exceeding 6 ft by much, but these days kids are just seemingly taller. What about other big boys on other teams? Saying that the players could drive to the game seems like an irrelevant blow.

Also, is there any significance to the quotation marks around '7th grade'?