Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Muschamp To Tennessee?
Saw on ESPN a few moments ago that Texas Longhorn defensive coordinator is the current leading candidate for the Volunteer head coaching job.
If so, I think he's one of the few coaches out there that can somehow salvage our recruiting class. Its going to take some big money to pry him away from Texas though. If he's interested, the money will be there.
I would figure David Cutcliffe would be a good fit. Muschamp would be a great hire though, as much as I would hate to see it, lol..Would be a lot like the Nebraska/Pelini hire..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
If I was him I would stay at Texas, I would rather be head coach in waiting there than head coach at Tennessee
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
BigBlueBobcatFan Wrote:If I was him I would stay at Texas, I would rather be head coach in waiting there than head coach at Tennessee

:thumpsup:
He would have a better team and chance at winning games in the big 12 who wants to coach in the SEC and have to put up with Florida, Alabama, Lsu, Auburn, Georgia, Spurrier and the gamecocks and now even UK he is crazy if he leaves Texas
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I am waiting for Grudens name to be thrown into the mix, I think Tenn could get him and I think it would be a brilliant hire for them
ESPN just stated that Muschamp to UT is not likely at all.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ComfortEagle Wrote:ESPN just stated that Muschamp to UT is not likely at all.

Any new names in the hunt
Man times are tough in Knoxville....lol
gruden really... can you name one superbowl winning coach that has ever went to the college ranks. i am sure there is a first time for everything. he also has very little experience in coaching at the college level where recruiting and player turnover/graduation would be a new aspect of coaching that he may not want to do or be good at.
They just lost 3 or 4, 4* recruits!
ESPN reported that they are interested in bringing Fulmer back...
I think Muschamp is a reach. The AD said today that they want a new coach in place by the time live recruiting starts back, which is Sunday. I look for a coach to be named by Friday or Saturday because there will be recruits on campus this weekend. I know it isn't the big name everyone wants, but Kippy Brown, who was recently brought back to UT as WR coach and was named interim head coach, said today he thought he was a legitimate candidate. He's served as WR coach at UT on two seperate occassions under Majors and Fulmer and would bring back someone with an actual link to UT, which might not be such a bad thing. He has NFL experience, but also has experience recruiting at UT. He could also possibly keep the remaining staff intact, which is very important. Whoever is named coach, I look for it to happen in the next few days. Again, I know he's not the the big name, but sometimes you need the right guy, instead of the big name. At this point, I'm open to the idea of him being coach. I just think they will try to hit a homerun before someone like Kippy will be considered.
Seems like its a new face everyday right now for the Vols. Fulmer will probably end up back there.
UnderArmour24 Wrote:Seems like its a new face everyday right now for the Vols. Fulmer will probably end up back there.

Thats already been ruled out. If he comes back, its to be the AD.
johnnyt Wrote:gruden really... can you name one superbowl winning coach that has ever went to the college ranks. i am sure there is a first time for everything. he also has very little experience in coaching at the college level where recruiting and player turnover/graduation would be a new aspect of coaching that he may not want to do or be good at.

It is widely known that Gruden has been interested in entering the college ranks. He was interested in both the UT and U of L jobs recently but nothing moved past after speaking with administrations at both schools. Reasoning behind we do not know but it is a possibilty. Yes it would be a new experience for him i agree, however, he would bring an amazing coaching staff to Knoxville with him who could help out with all the above. Plus if you get Gruden you salvage your current recruiting class for the most part and will garner new recognition for the college, having someone who formerly coached NFL really helps recruiting as seen many times before. Just saying he may not get or want the job but just waiting for the news that he is testing the waters and is showing interest.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:I would figure David Cutcliffe would be a good fit. Muschamp would be a great hire though, as much as I would hate to see it, lol..Would be a lot like the Nebraska/Pelini hire..

I'd say that the former OC for the Vols, Cutcliffe will be the next head coach for TN.Hes done a pretty good job at Duke, If im not mistaking they he won 5-6 games this year and thats pretty dmn good at Duke.
they are looking at DUKE coach David Cutcliff he was used to be at UT
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
MVP2 Wrote:I'd say that the former OC for the Vols, Cutcliffe will be the next head coach for TN.Hes done a pretty good job at Duke, If im not mistaking they he won 5-6 games this year and thats pretty dmn good at Duke.

That seemed to be the talk this morning on Fox Sports as well.
Now being reported that Air Force coach Troy Calhoun has called a team meeting today. He's a candidate for the job, but nothing has been specified about what the meeting is about. All these rumors are making my head spin.
BloodyHarlanVOL Wrote:Now being reported that Air Force coach Troy Calhoun has called a team meeting today. He's a candidate for the job, but nothing has been specified about what the meeting is about. All these rumors are making my head spin.

And now he's saying that he's staying at AF.
BloodyHarlanVOL Wrote:And now he's saying that he's staying at AF.

Wow, BHV you don't think in any way these reported coaches are fearful that they are stepping into a big pile of ---- that Kiffin may have left behind that could get the program in trouble do you?
Stardust Wrote:Wow, BHV you don't think in any way these reported coaches are fearful that they are stepping into a big pile of ---- that Kiffin may have left behind that could get the program in trouble do you?

I think that could possibly have an effect, though I won't believe we get anything other than a secondary violation until we do. Its just an absolute mess right now with the rumors. Just trying to share some updates.
BloodyHarlanVOL Wrote:I think that could possibly have an effect, though I won't believe we get anything other than a secondary violation until we do. Its just an absolute mess right now with the rumors. Just trying to share some updates.

Good luck with getting the right hire, I recognize how frustrating it is to go through this at this late in the game.
Cutcliffe may be their best and only option right now, he has stated before that he would like to return. He is great at developing talent and has the ability to build a great coaching staff. He is great at developing a solid passing game, and it is interesting how he works with his QBs. Was watching a video on him this past Aug. and he actually has each reciever wear a different color helmet during practice to teach help his QB learn the reads and progressions.
Stardust Wrote:Wow, BHV you don't think in any way these reported coaches are fearful that they are stepping into a big pile of ---- that Kiffin may have left behind that could get the program in trouble do you?

Dust I am thinking in the same way you are. I also think that may be why the hiring of Lane Kiffin by USC happened so quickly.
Brooks4Prez Wrote:Dust I am thinking in the same way you are. I also think that may be why the hiring of Lane Kiffin by USC happened so quickly.

I agree with you B4P, this whole thing, all the way around smells really bad. This story will end with several other stories.