Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Something neat that I saw
I went to a golf camp at Wake Forest this past summer put on by head coach Jerry Hass (Jay Hass brother)....

Anyway...he had just received the new Taylormade r7 to try..the one with the weights you can change....and I believe that it was set so that he would hit a "low draw" but he was able to change his swing so much he was able to hit a "high Fade" and even hit one straight....I just thought that it was pretty neat that he could still counteract the technology that has entered the golf world today.
I assume it would be illegal to use on Pro Tour?
Yeah...it's legal I'm pretty sure!

Posted Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:42 pm:

But I dont think that you can change the weights in the middle of the round.
Ohhh, I gotcha.
Thats pretty impressive, I wonder if I could change the weights so that I could hit it in the air.
"4leaf" Wrote:Thats pretty impressive, I wonder if I could change the weights so that I could hit it in the air.
:lol: Thats what I'm saying.
Golf is probably the most skillful sport in the world. Anyone can throw a baseball or football or even shoot a basketball, but someone who can hit a 300 yard drive is truly unique and skilled at what he does.
"jayblackcat2006" Wrote:Golf is probably the most skillful sport in the world. Anyone can throw a baseball or football or even shoot a basketball, but someone who can hit a 300 yard drive is truly unique and skilled at what he does.

Ive seen some "so called" athletes that couldnt hit a golf a 75 yds.. So I would have to agree with your statement
I've got the new r7, and it was worth the 600 that was paid for it.
The r7 sounds awesome, maybe I need to try it. Golf is not like other sports in that you must play a lot to be average. I was at a PGA Tourny in Louisville and those guys can do amazing things. It even look more dificult in person, TV doesn't do pro golf justice.
I love golf. I didn't start playing till about a year and a half ago though. But it is definately more complicated than anything else I've ever played.
I suck taxi! However I am a good putt putt golfer
"torQQue" Wrote:I suck taxi! However I am a good putt putt golfer

I putt like Happy Gilmore before the hockey stick putter llol.