Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Agreement on Heathcare Tax
I just read that the democrats had agreed to not tax unions and government workers healthplans. It seems to me that it would be easier for them to just agree to tax only republicans. Wonder what other special interest group got similar payoffs.
Ah, there just making sausage. Aint nuthin wrong with that. Right batman?
to bad we can't see what goes on behind closed doors.
nky Wrote:to bad we can't see what goes on behind closed doors.
Even the Obama's meetings on transparency are held behind closed doors.

There is no way that it is constitutional to tax non-union insurance premiums and exempt union policies from the tax. Like notamoocher said above, Obama might as well just levy a tax on Republicans and get it over with already.
I for one, am glad they aren't taxing union plans.
notamoocher Wrote:I just read that the democrats had agreed to not tax unions and government workers healthplans. It seems to me that it would be easier for them to just agree to tax only republicans. Wonder what other special interest group got similar payoffs.

Confusedhh: Shhhhh! Wepublican twacks!
The White House and Democratic senators negotiating a final healthcare bill gave ground Thursday to labor leaders to secure their support for a tax on high-cost health plans.

The unions agreed to accept a 40 percent excise tax on high-cost plans with a few adjustments.

For example, the threshold on family plans that would be taxed has been moved from $23,000 per couple to $24,000. The threshold for individual plans will also be moved up, from $8,500 to $8,900.

Dental and vision benefits would be exempted from the tax beginning in 2015.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administrati...rs-support
Old School Wrote:The White House and Democratic senators negotiating a final healthcare bill gave ground Thursday to labor leaders to secure their support for a tax on high-cost health plans.

The unions agreed to accept a 40 percent excise tax on high-cost plans with a few adjustments.

For example, the threshold on family plans that would be taxed has been moved from $23,000 per couple to $24,000. The threshold for individual plans will also be moved up, from $8,500 to $8,900.

My plan is under that thresh hold, so I'm good.
TheRealVille Wrote:My plan is under that thresh hold, so I'm good.
Do you think that it is fair for other people to pay part of your premiums because your union is in tight with the Obama administration? I would prefer that nobody's premiums were taxed and my opinion would not change if I was poised to get a sweetheart deal. Wrong is wrong.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Do you think that it is fair for other people to pay part of your premiums because your union is in tight with the Obama administration? I would prefer that nobody's premiums were taxed and my opinion would not change if I was poised to get a sweetheart deal. Wrong is wrong.
I'm not for any healthcare tax, but I've quit worrying about other people, they don't worry about me. I pay 12 k a year for insurance, that's plenty.
TheRealVille Wrote:I'm not for any healthcare tax, but I've quit worrying about other people, they don't worry about me. I pay 12 k a year for insurance, that's plenty.

Try shelling out about a quarter of a million a year and then see how you feel.
Old School Wrote:The White House and Democratic senators negotiating a final healthcare bill gave ground Thursday to labor leaders to secure their support for a tax on high-cost health plans.

the unions would not have to pay untill 2018
I guess the only surefire way to avoid Obamacare, is to join the Amish community.
Just flat out bribery by Obama to the tune of 60billion tax payer dollars.
This is the political process we have, did have, and will continue to have, regardless of which party is in power. Did you guys forget to attend political science? Obama needs a 3/5 majority in the Senate to move through his agenda (the filibuster). This is balance of power at work. I guess the Flirty Party smooches Beck and Bill and Rush and Sean to the degree that they don't have time to watch C-Span. C-Span cameras in the Oval Office would shut down negotiations, as it seems a lot of folks don't have the stomach for the consensus building that is the democratic process, was the democratic process, and will always be the democratic process. What? You guys go bowling instead of attend political science?
thecavemaster Wrote:This is the political process we have, did have, and will continue to have, regardless of which party is in power. Did you guys forget to attend political science? Obama needs a 3/5 majority in the Senate to move through his agenda (the filibuster). This is balance of power at work. I guess the Flirty Party smooches Beck and Bill and Rush and Sean to the degree that they don't have time to watch C-Span. C-Span cameras in the Oval Office would shut down negotiations, as it seems a lot of folks don't have the stomach for the consensus building that is the democratic process, was the democratic process, and will always be the democratic process. What? You guys go bowling instead of attend political science?

Obama was the one who said he would put it on CSPAN not the repuplicans. I guess this just speaks to his lack of experience of how things work in washington. Did he really believe he could put all this on CSPAN or was he just lying? I did attend class. The 10th amendment seems to be missing from the democrats copy of the bill of rights. Along with about 4 other amendments. I guess you look forward to paying more taxes so the folks in nebraska don't have to.
notamoocher Wrote:Obama was the one who said he would put it on CSPAN not the repuplicans. I guess this just speaks to his lack of experience of how things work in washington. Did he really believe he could put all this on CSPAN or was he just lying? I did attend class. The 10th amendment seems to be missing from the democrats copy of the bill of rights. Along with about 4 other amendments. I guess you look forward to paying more taxes so the folks in nebraska don't have to.

Guys that dont pay them in the first place could care less how much you, I, or anyone else pays anyways.
notamoocher Wrote:Obama was the one who said he would put it on CSPAN not the repuplicans. I guess this just speaks to his lack of experience of how things work in washington. Did he really believe he could put all this on CSPAN or was he just lying? I did attend class. The 10th amendment seems to be missing from the democrats copy of the bill of rights. Along with about 4 other amendments. I guess you look forward to paying more taxes so the folks in nebraska don't have to.

Care to explain, Friar Tuck?
One more time. Guys who dont pay them in the first place could care less how much you, I, or anyone else pays anyways.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:One more time. Guys who dont pay them in the first place could care less how much you, I, or anyone else pays anyways.
:Thumbs: They do care. If we can afford a nice car or to live in a decent house then we are rich and have not paid our "fair share."

Those of us who work and pay taxes will never part with enough hard earned money to satisfy Obama's bitter horde of looters. They are modern day locusts. Left unchecked, Obama will turn this country into North Venezuela.