Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top 10 Juniors in NKY?
TORNADO10 Wrote:They are very true, I was there and talk to a scout that had the times plus I talk to his dad last night. He's also been invited to Tenn for the Demarini top 96 showcase later this summer.

I understand he's a good ball player but how does he get all these invites when his game is pretty much one sided? I dont think by any stretch of the mind that he will be one of the better hitters on Beechwoods team this season. I do however believe him and Popham are the 2 best catchers up here. Liggett is good too.
theshack13 Wrote:I understand he's a good ball player but how does he get all these invites when his game is pretty much one sided? I dont think by any stretch of the mind that he will be one of the better hitters on Beechwoods team this season. I do however believe him and Popham are the 2 best catchers up here. Liggett is good too.

I do know that some coach's don't care if there catcher do not hit very well as long as they are solid behind the plate. And I do thank if giving the chance this year he will be a solid hitter,if you know anything about this young man he never got the chance to hit the last two years at CovCath.He played more as a freshman than he did last year they let him sit the bench on varisty and let the freshman catch JV most of the time and then told him that the freshman beat him out that he would know longer be the catcher at CovCath, after watching this kid play at showcase's that freshman catcher last year must be unreal.
TORNADO10 Wrote:I do know that some coach's don't care if there catcher do not hit very well as long as they are solid behind the plate. And I do thank if giving the chance this year he will be a solid hitter,if you know anything about this young man he never got the chance to hit the last two years at CovCath.He played more as a freshman than he did last year they let him sit the bench on varisty and let the freshman catch JV most of the time and then told him that the freshman beat him out that he would know longer be the catcher at CovCath, after watching this kid play at showcase's that freshman catcher last year must be unreal.

Ive watched him play in summer since he was like 13.
theshack13 Wrote:I understand he's a good ball player but how does he get all these invites when his game is pretty much one sided? I dont think by any stretch of the mind that he will be one of the better hitters on Beechwoods team this season. I do however believe him and Popham are the 2 best catchers up here. Liggett is good too.

Liggett is the best catcher in NKY, and Cottingham will have to start hitting better if he want to play at the next level. Popham is good but no way he has the arm that Liggett and Cottingham have.

When you go to showcase's and have the poptimes that he has coach's will invite you to the showcase's that they are attending to get another look at you that help them figure out who they want to go see during the season.
oldbird Wrote:Liggett is the best catcher in NKY, and Cottingham will have to start hitting better if he want to play at the next level. Popham is good but no way he has the arm that Liggett and Cottingham have.

Popham hits better than both of them. Also Popham's pop time is very quick. Might not be as quick as Cott's but its quick. Also Popham I would be willing to say is the most accurate by far out of the three.
Cc Football Wrote:Campbell County has a very solid group of Juniors with the four mentioned before, but inlcude David Jenkins on the mound and powerful Michael Teegarden, with maybe the fastest player in NKY in Corey Cox, and you have a pretty solid group of players.

Im gonna have to diagree about Corey Cox being one of the fastest players in NKY, by no means am I saying he's not fast but I would have to put Nate Losey from Campbell County the fastest player in NKY also on that list would be Cole Wendlin from Boone.

What a problem to have, trying to decide which player is the fastest, Cox or Losey, both playing for Campbell Co. and summer ball for the Bluegrass Bats. I'll take that problem any time. They both have very good base running IQ as well.:igiveup::popcorn:
theshack13 Wrote:Popham hits better than both of them. Also Popham's pop time is very quick. Might not be as quick as Cott's but its quick. Also Popham I would be willing to say is the most accurate by far out of the three.

accurate how? throwing down to secondbase no way is he any more accurate then Liggett or Cottingham.I think Popham feet work is better and hitting but flat out throwing to second no way.
theshack13 Wrote:Popham hits better than both of them. Also Popham's pop time is very quick. Might not be as quick as Cott's but its quick. Also Popham I would be willing to say is the most accurate by far out of the three.
I can tell you,I just watched Cottingham throw at champions showcase and all ten throws were right on the money, the kid covering second glove never had to move if he so accurate why is he not being invited to these showcase's that Liggett and Cottingham are. Popham is a very good catcher but I was told that Kelly from NCC beat him out for the Colonels last summer.
TORNADO10 Wrote:I can tell you,I just watched Cottingham throw at champions showcase and all ten throws were right on the money, the kid covering second glove never had to move if he so accurate why is he not being invited to these showcase's that Liggett and Cottingham are. Popham is a very good catcher but I was told that Kelly from NCC beat him out for the Colonels last summer.

Cottingham has not been invited to all the showcase's he attended he has gone on his own to a few.Popham should of been the number 1 catcher for the Colonels but most people know why he was not,when he played for the Lions he was the number 1 catcher and Cottingham was 2 if you want to say that, they would take turn catching even then Cottingham arm was stronger but Popham did alot of other thing better for one hit.I still wish he had stay with Bluegrass great family.
oldbird Wrote:Cottingham has not been invited to all the showcase's he attended he has gone on his own to a few.Popham should of been the number 1 catcher for the Colonels but most people know why he was not,when he played for the Lions he was the number 1 catcher and Cottingham was 2 if you want to say that, they would take turn catching even then Cottingham arm was stronger but Popham did alot of other thing better for one hit.I still wish he had stay with Bluegrass great family.

I'd take Popham over Cott anyday. Cott is a great player but I like Pophams abilities better.
theshack13 Wrote:I'd take Popham over Cott anyday. Cott is a great player but I like Pophams abilities better.

I agree Cott is sub par at best. I know they played on a summer ball team together like two years ago and Popham got all the time behind the plate. But Ligget is by far the best catcher in nky Popham nor Cott could compare to him kid is a stud.
baseball210 Wrote:I agree Cott is sub par at best. I know they played on a summer ball team together like two years ago and Popham got all the time behind the plate. But Ligget is by far the best catcher in nky Popham nor Cott could compare to him kid is a stud.

I could not agree more that Ligget is the best catcher nky.:Thumbs:
Travis Jones and Shawn Klaas from Newport could be mentioned.
Jumpman2345 Wrote:Travis Jones and Shawn Klaas from Newport could be mentioned.

Have heard their name mention before, what positions do they play. Did both of them play varisty last year,sorry but I have not had the chance to see Newport play in along time.
How about Brad Leeke from Beechwood the kid has some great wheels.
oldbird Wrote:How about Brad Leeke from Beechwood the kid has some great wheels.

Yeah but injuries may have plagued this kid for the rest of his high school career. He already has broken his neck, had tommy john surgery and broke his hand. He is a great ball player but lets hope he can stay healthy.
theshack13 Wrote:Yeah but injuries may have plagued this kid for the rest of his high school career. He already has broken his neck, had tommy john surgery and broke his hand. He is a great ball player but lets hope he can stay healthy.
WOW Most kids would just give up playing sports after all of that.
baseball210 Wrote:I agree Cott is sub par at best. I know they played on a summer ball team together like two years ago and Popham got all the time behind the plate. But Ligget is by far the best catcher in nky Popham nor Cott could compare to him kid is a stud.

Cott is far from sub par he may lack in some things but defensively he is well above par one of the best arm I have seen in a long time, baseball210 you must be a CovCath fan.:Thumbs:
Just watch the Dixie game vs Beechwood and there is no way Popham poptimes or throws are any way near Cottingham, and hitting Popham went 1 for 3 and cottingham went 0 for 1 with a walk, Popham might be a better hitter but more accurate throwing to second no way.