Luke Schmits
Michael Kremer
Coy Shepard
Corey Cox
Ryan Thompson
Jake Ollier
Bryan Waibel
Michael Teegarden

Pretty good team. Pretty much the Nky Riverbats of a couple years ago with the addition of Jake Ollier and Bryan Waibel.
theshack13 Wrote:Pretty good team. Pretty much the Nky Riverbats of a couple years ago with the addition of Jake Ollier and Bryan Waibel.

Did any of these kids tryout for the 18yrs old Bluegrass team.
oldbird Wrote:Did any of these kids tryout for the 18yrs old Bluegrass team.

No, there were no tryouts for the Bats.

Bluegrass is going to really be impressive at the High School level this year. Robbie Sumpter has a fantastic 15u team. The Lions, the Seminoles and the Chiefs will compete with anyone at their respective age groups.

The Chiefs are loaded with a class of Juniors that will make this team what I am predicting as the best Chiefs team ever in 2011. They have so much talent, quite possibly the best Juniors in NKY (I know the Colonels won't like to hear that) than any team that I have ever seen assembled.

I won't predict that this will be their year, but I would not put it past Coach Sanders to have this team clicking on all cylinders come July.
theshack13 Wrote:Pretty good team. Pretty much the Nky Riverbats of a couple years ago with the addition of Jake Ollier and Bryan Waibel.

You are well versed on NKY baseball. This is virtually the line-up of the old Riverbats (with still one as a maybe if he does'nt commit to football camps, which you may have already figured out). Adding Ollier and Waibel are tremendous pick-ups. These are tow quality young men who have a great future ahead of them in whatever they choose to do.
CamelPride Wrote:No, there were no tryouts for the Bats.

Bluegrass is going to really be impressive at the High School level this year. Robbie Sumpter has a fantastic 15u team. The Lions, the Seminoles and the Chiefs will compete with anyone at their respective age groups.

The Chiefs are loaded with a class of Juniors that will make this team what I am predicting as the best Chiefs team ever in 2011. They have so much talent, quite possibly the best Juniors in NKY (I know the Colonels won't like to hear that) than any team that I have ever seen assembled.

I won't predict that this will be their year, but I would not put it past Coach Sanders to have this team clicking on all cylinders come July.

If this years Chiefs team is loaded what next year team going be like with the player's from the bats, Seminoles and some from the Lions and the three Juniors from this years Chiefs team. I see that being possibly one of the best 18yrs old team to be put together in along time. Sander must be very happy with the Bluegrass Org, getting the top player's around.
Yes last year Rebholz and Schmits played for the 16u Colonels, and Vann played on the 18u Colonels
Campbell County has a very solid group of Juniors with the four mentioned before, but inlcude David Jenkins on the mound and powerful Michael Teegarden, with maybe the fastest player in NKY in Corey Cox, and you have a pretty solid group of players.

Im gonna have to diagree about Corey Cox being one of the fastest players in NKY, by no means am I saying he's not fast but I would have to put Nate Losey from Campbell County the fastest player in NKY also on that list would be Cole Wendlin from Boone.
Yes Rebholz and Schmits played on the Colonels 16u team and vann played on the Colonels 18u team.
Cc Football Wrote:Yes last year Rebholz and Schmits played for the 16u Colonels, and Vann played on the 18u Colonels

Why the change,Schmits is a fine First base man
Rebholz is one of the best defensive of player around and offensive the young man can kill the ball. After talking to player, it seem that they would rather play for Bluegrass than the Colonels.
oldbird Wrote:If this years Chiefs team is loaded what next year team going be like with the player's from the bats, Seminoles and some from the Lions and the three Juniors from this years Chiefs team. I see that being possibly one of the best 18yrs old team to be put together in along time. Sander must be very happy with the Bluegrass Org, getting the top player's around.

I know Coach Sanders has alot of ball players on his team this year. Lets see if I can name them all. Ill name all that I know for sure are playing:

Josh Bertke
Tyler Sexton
Zach Larimore
Adam Warning
Ronald Cotton
Sam Ligget
Tony Piper
Kyle Donavon
Chris Hensley
Dylan Cottingham
Ryne King
Alex Hegge
John Roberts ( I think)
Thats all I can think of for this years team. I know there is more.

For the Chiefs next year they will have:

Josh Bertke
Tyler Sexton
Zach Larimore
John Roberts
Alex Hegge
Doug Teegarden
Brent Truitt
Dylan Cottingham
And some from the rest of the Bluegrass Org.
CamelPride Wrote:You are well versed on NKY baseball. This is virtually the line-up of the old Riverbats (with still one as a maybe if he does'nt commit to football camps, which you may have already figured out). Adding Ollier and Waibel are tremendous pick-ups. These are tow quality young men who have a great future ahead of them in whatever they choose to do.

Mr. Chris Kelley Confusedhh: Am I right? :Clap:
Roberts is playing for the 17 Bluegrass team, Teegarden may come up for some games with the 18 Bluegrass team.
oldbird Wrote:Roberts is playing for the 17 Bluegrass team, Teegarden may come up for some games with the 18 Bluegrass team.

Oh okay my bad about Roberts. Im very close with Coach Sanders and he said Teegarden wouldnt play any games with the 18's this year. Next year he will be a starter though.
theshack13 Wrote:Oh okay my bad about Roberts. Im very close with Coach Sanders and he said Teegarden wouldnt play any games with the 18's this year. Next year he will be a starter though.

Well Coach Sander will be happy to know that two of his player did really well at Champion Showcase today.
oldbird Wrote:Well Coach Sander will be happy to know that two of his player did really well at Champion Showcase today.

Was one of them a catcher from Beechwood and the other one a pitcher from CovCath.:biggrin:
Will the Bluegrass Bats stay together next year or will some go with the Bluegrass 18.
oldbird Wrote:Well Coach Sander will be happy to know that two of his player did really well at Champion Showcase today.

Where was this showcase at?
TORNADO10 Wrote:Will the Bluegrass Bats stay together next year or will some go with the Bluegrass 18.

Its too early to say. This team came about more from the players wanting to play together than anything else. There are no plans to continue together at this time but will likely be discussed once the season gets underway. There will be three teams of players (Chiefs, Seminoles, and Bats and even some from the Lions who could possibly be in the mix) who will all have several players that will be elligible to play for the Chiefs, you can't have a roster of 30 either, so the organization and the teams will review it as the season progresses.
theshack13 Wrote:Where was this showcase at?

At champion in Milford
oldbird Wrote:At champion in Milford

Oh okay. Thanks!
oldbird Wrote:At champion in Milford

I was told today that the catcher from Beechwood had some very impressive pop times out of 20 catchers he had the best time 1.94 was his best and 1.98 was his worst plus he hit really well.
I hAVE BEEN TO ALOT OF SHOWCASES AND THIS BY FAR WAS THE BEST SOME OF THE TOP PLAYER FROM AROUND TRI STATE AREA WERE THERE.WARNING FROM COVCATH LOOK GOOD GREAT OFF SPEED PITCHES,COTTINGHAM FROM BEECHWOOD HAD SOME OF THE BEST POP TIMES GO NKY BASEBALL.
What other Chief players were at this Showcase?
theshack13 Wrote:What other Chief players were at this Showcase?
Warning and Cottingham were the only two from Kentucky,teegarden was invited but he is only a sophmore. The showcase was for Juniors and Seniors almost all the player were from Ohio and some from Indiana only around ten Junior and about forty Seniors.There was around twenty five collage scouts.Almost all the players played in champions elite fall baseball.
oldbird Wrote:Warning and Cottingham were the only two from Kentucky,teegarden was invited but he is only a sophmore. The showcase was for Juniors and Seniors almost all the player were from Ohio and some from Indiana only around ten Junior and about forty Seniors.There was around twenty five collage scouts.Almost all the players played in champions elite fall baseball.

Oh okay thanks. Teegarden will be there next year. The kids a stud.
TORNADO10 Wrote:I was told today that the catcher from Beechwood had some very impressive pop times out of 20 catchers he had the best time 1.94 was his best and 1.98 was his worst plus he hit really well.

How did you get that info.
Impressive numbers out of Cottingham. Hope they are true. Especially the hitting thing.
oldbird Wrote:I keep forgetting about all the Juniors at Campbell County,they have a ton of outstanding player's.The next two years should be fun. Can someone tell me where Rebholz is playing summer ball.

Campbell will battle Harrison for a trip to Applebee's Park.
theshack13 Wrote:Impressive numbers out of Cottingham. Hope they are true. Especially the hitting thing.

They are very true, I was there and talk to a scout that had the times plus I talk to his dad last night. He's also been invited to Tenn for the Demarini top 96 showcase later this summer.
LCDAWGS19 Wrote:Campbell will battle Harrison for a trip to Applebee's Park.

I really hope so, but I think they might be a year away alot of Junior but they are a strong group. GO Campbell County:Cheerlead