Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tiger Woods donating $3 million to Haiti!
According to the NY Daily News and Rap Mogul Russell Simmons, Tiger Woods, the World's Greatest Golfer, is establishing a $3 million aid donation consisting of doctors and supplies to Wyclef Jean as part of his Haiti recovery support efforts.

Earlier, Tiger Woods was considering the donation, but in this update, he's done it.

The original Daily News report was that Simmons said "Tiger Woods is working on sending a mobile hospital with 50 EMTs to go set up a triage."

According to Simmons and representatives of Wyclef Jean's Haitian relief organization, Yele Haiti, Tiger Woods Management is "excited" about the idea.

Reportedly, Simmons spokesman Marcus Harris is going to talk to Tiger Woods Friday morning. "I am just asking for his heart and his hand", Harris said. "Just to meet the needs of the people."

Simmons is working to get Wyclef Jean some help, although Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie gave $1 million for his effort, already.

Doctors are badly needed to help with the thousands of Haitians wounded and sick. Moreover, the level of medicine available was primitive at best, according to CNN's Anderson Cooper Thursday night.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/abra...z0ckNHq2dx
Very generous donation. I think he's only doing it to better his image. Recovering for him, with the fans/media, will start after he fesses up about whats been going on.
Aslan Wrote:Very generous donation. I think he's only doing it to better his image. Recovering for him, with the fans/media, will start after he fesses up about whats been going on.

Who knows.
What is interesting, in the past Tiger would have made this same donation, but it would NEVER have been leaked to the media that it was happening. I agree, this is an attempt to "Buy" goodwill
Stardust Wrote:What is interesting, in the past Tiger would have made this same donation, but it would NEVER have been leaked to the media that it was happening. I agree, this is an attempt to "Buy" goodwill

What is interesting is that before all this happened with Woods nobody cared about what he donated.
Its hard to say weather this is a public image boost or not. Either way, its money needed and going to a good cause. Im still on his side though. The quote i read best was " I know Tiger as a golfer, not a man" That being said, hes still the best golfer ever. Who cares what he does off the course.
Aslan Wrote:Very generous donation. I think he's only doing it to better his image. Recovering for him, with the fans/media, will start after he fesses up about whats been going on.

:Thumbs::Thumbs::Thumbs:

I agree!
Benchwarmer Wrote:What is interesting is that before all this happened with Woods nobody cared about what he donated.

very true
He probably is doing it to become a favorite again but that was nice and three million would really help those people
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Whether or not he was doing this to boost his image, its still a much needed donation and much needed goodwill, regardless of why he done it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
He's done this many times for other things. But now it's mentioned because of what has happened with him lately.
Now Woods is a scumbag who donated $3 million. His donation, while desperately needed by the people of Haiti, is nothing but an investment by Woods to rebuild a reputation that was built on lies the first time. If Woods had simply wanted to donate to the Haitian relief effort, he would have donated the money anonymously and nobody would ever have known.

Woods needs to get back on the golf course and do what he does best and stop spending time and money trying to buy back a reputation that he never deserved. Many, many athletes have done far worse than Woods and still manage to earn a good living and provide for their families.

If Woods resumes winning at golf and truly cleans up his act, then maybe he will one day live up to the phony reputation that he once had.
csabo17 Wrote:Its hard to say weather this is a public image boost or not. Either way, its money needed and going to a good cause..

:Thumbs:
Of course he is doing this to make himself look better, but who cares when people are dying!
I'm just happy that Woods step up and give something,hoping he has done this from his heart and not for himself.
csabo17 Wrote:Its hard to say weather this is a public image boost or not. Either way, its money needed and going to a good cause. Im still on his side though. The quote i read best was " I know Tiger as a golfer, not a man" That being said, hes still the best golfer ever. Who cares what he does off the course.

agreed!
As I said earlier, Tiger Woods has donated Millions of dollars to charitable causes and has visted countless needy children. And none of us have every heard about it. I appluad that and respect it. It's none of the public's business nor do we need to know what he does from his heart. I truly believe he would have made this exact same contribution had he not got caught, well, with his pants down. Now, he makes the same contribution that he would have made anyhow, and now we know about it. Bottomline, it is gracious and something that is a blessing to those who need it most, I just find it interesting that now we all know about it. My question is, why now do we know what he is doing from his heart?
Stardust Wrote:As I said earlier, Tiger Woods has donated Millions of dollars to charitable causes and has visted countless needy children. And none of us have every heard about it. I appluad that and respect it. It's none of the public's business nor do we need to know what he does from his heart. I truly believe he would have made this exact same contribution had he not got caught, well, with his pants down. Now, he makes the same contribution that he would have made anyhow, and now we know about it. Bottomline, it is gracious and something that is a blessing to those who need it most, I just find it interesting that now we all know about it. My question is, why now do we know what he is doing from his heart?

None of us can know Tiger's heart. I'm not taking either side here because I, myself, could make good arguments for either side and either way, the money was much needed. Playing devil's advocate here....Maybe we are hearing about it because the media has a twist now, whereas they did not before. The media has it's ways of getting information. I guess it comes down to how the media got their information. Did Tiger release it or did someone else?
ImagineThat! Wrote:None of us can know Tiger's heart. I'm not taking either side here because I, myself, could make good arguments for either side and either way, the money was much needed. Playing devil's advocate here....Maybe we are hearing about it because the media has a twist now, whereas they did not before. The media has it's ways of getting information. I guess it comes down to how the media got their information. Did Tiger release it or did someone else?

Excellent point.

As for me, I really don't care. As I said, these people need the money. I'm not too interested in whether it leaked due to Tiger's people letting it leak, or the media found out through some other means.

My point was more in line with, there are affluent people that make known their contributions show they can "feel good" and make sure EVERYONE knows they are a good person. Or, we have the affluent people who show ZERO pride and make these types of donations and do everything they can to avoid the information getting out to the public. These people are still doing this for their own reasons: 1) they do not need to feel the need for public acceptance of being a good person 2) they don't want every ton, **** and harry with a charitable cause begging them to donate for their charity.

Tiger falls into the category of affluent person who has ensured that no one knew what he did with his charitable moneys.
Stardust Wrote:As I said earlier, Tiger Woods has donated Millions of dollars to charitable causes and has visted countless needy children. And none of us have every heard about it. I appluad that and respect it. It's none of the public's business nor do we need to know what he does from his heart. I truly believe he would have made this exact same contribution had he not got caught, well, with his pants down. Now, he makes the same contribution that he would have made anyhow, and now we know about it. Bottomline, it is gracious and something that is a blessing to those who need it most, I just find it interesting that now we all know about it. My question is, why now do we know what he is doing from his heart?

This is a great post. Many of times tiger has donated million of dollars to foundations and nothing has ever been said. Now that tiger gets in trouble over cheating on his wife people act as if hes the devil. He would have made the same contribution today or 5 years ago. Weather or not its from his heart is for him to know and for us to not to know about. The money is needed. Who cares who donates the money. The guys not a criminal. Maybe these millionaires like Kobe Bryant, Lebron James, A Rod, and these other multi million dollar athletes will give away a little bit of there money for those really needing it.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:This is a great post. Many of times tiger has donated million of dollars to foundations and nothing has ever been said. Now that tiger gets in trouble over cheating on his wife people act as if hes the devil. He would have made the same contribution today or 5 years ago. Weather or not its from his heart is for him to know and for us to not to know about. The money is needed. Who cares who donates the money. The guys not a criminal. Maybe these millionaires like Kobe Bryant, Lebron James, A Rod, and these other multi million dollar athletes will give away a little bit of there money for those really needing it.

:Thumbs: All good points
i heard he checked into a sex addiction clinic???anyone confirm this, i pretty sure it was on espn last night
theVILLE Wrote:i heard he checked into a sex addiction clinic???anyone confirm this, i pretty sure it was on espn last night

Its not confirmed by the clinic but its being reported.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Its not confirmed by the clinic but its being reported.

thanks for the info..this probably is alot harder than an alcholic..lol
theVILLE Wrote:thanks for the info..this probably is alot harder than an alcholic..lol

Lol, I wonder what they give him to ease the pain? Sugar pill would be what in this case?

j/k

i agree
In other news ,Tigers changed his name to cheetah
I think it is a public relations deal, but it will help those people regardless.