Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence County 2010
The JYD's will be back and after being chained up all summer I kinda feel a tad bit sorry for that first team on the schedule.
they will be ok
With luck and smarts, Chandler will never step on a football field again....
Lawrence is going to be really good next season. I wouldnt be surpised to see another 8-10 win season, and another solid run in the playoffs.

When you return your QB, and a 1000 yard rusher. Also several other weapons that will have a good season. Im not sure, but last season the kid who ran the kickoff back against Valley was a freshman.
The Iceboxx Wrote:Lawrence is going to be really good next season. I wouldnt be surpised to see another 8-10 win season, and another solid run in the playoffs.

When you return your QB, and a 1000 yard rusher. Also several other weapons that will have a good season. Im not sure, but last season the kid who ran the kickoff back against Valley was a freshman.

Will agree only if they can get the horses to control the line of scrimage.
I have a feeling the Greenup/LC game will be interesting. I'm sure coach copley and his 18 seniors haven't forgoten about LC being up by 40 and still having the starters in in the 4th qtr. Not to mention the dance and chant of "our house" at the end of the game. This is Copleys alma-mater that alone will make him want a win in Louisa. I look for that game to be one of the best in the area next season. Could be one of the most heated also. Can't wait.
Kosar Wrote:I have a feeling the Greenup/LC game will be interesting. I'm sure coach copley and his 18 seniors haven't forgoten about LC being up by 40 and still having the starters in in the 4th qtr. Not to mention the dance and chant of "our house" at the end of the game. This is Copleys alma-mater that alone will make him want a win in Louisa. I look for that game to be one of the best in the area next season. Could be one of the most heated also. Can't wait.

Should Greenup be any better?
Foxtrot Wrote:Should Greenup be any better?
Much much better. They return all the d and o line. Have a good qb and two or three really good backs. I also know they have been putting up crazy weight in the weightroom.
Dawg@heart Wrote:With luck and smarts, Chandler will never step on a football field again....

Amen!! I agree 100%. Not that I don't think he would be an asset for the football team because he would be a great asset.....but.....he doesn't need to take a chance on his throwing arm getting injured again... Football's loss is baseball's gain IMO...
I love Chan and whatever he decides to do I would support him 100%.
I dont really care how many seniors you all musketeers got back. The dogs are chewing iron and spitting out nails in the weight room. And those crack heads who think we wont have the horses up front are crazy. Coach Salmons was a D1 linemen and so is our offensive line coach. And if you walk in the dog pound suspecting not to get pounded by our line you are CRAZY!
I think I will save that post and make sure to post it after the gc/lc game. You are truly underestimating Greenups size and strength up front. Ull see.
It still, to this day, amazes me that Copley is the HEAD coach at Greenup and was the HEAD coach at Pikeville.
I like the way you support one of your own down in Louisa.
JunkYardDog Wrote:I dont really care how many seniors you all musketeers got back. The dogs are chewing iron and spitting out nails in the weight room. And those crack heads who think we wont have the horses up front are crazy. Coach Salmons was a D1 linemen and so is our offensive line coach. And if you walk in the dog pound suspecting not to get pounded by our line you are CRAZY!

Greenup County has 2 coaches who played D1.

It is always a tough game at Lawrence County, but Greenup County will have more than its fair share of pounding.
We will see who is dancing at the PuppyPound next season when Corey Lyle and the boys roll into Louisa. Last time he played there as a soph, I think he had 200+. Good luck on stopping a RB that is squating over 500lbs.
Corey had 160 his sophomore year at Lawrence. He had 200+ his sophomore year at Lewis County.
LClion4life Wrote:Corey had 160 his sophomore year at Lawrence. He had 200+ his sophomore year at Lewis County.
Yeip LC is right.
GC2144 Wrote:Yeip LC is right.
What did he do last year against LC? If you wanna talk trash about Lc start your own tread you muska*****s!
Hotshot Wrote:What did he do last year against LC? If you wanna talk trash about Lc start your own tread you muska*****s!

He shared carries with Carter last year, Of course he didnt have as many yrds.
a lot of teams get their lines back the next year sometimes it doesn't help .i think lawrance has enough depth they will allright next season.
Kosar Wrote:I have a feeling the Greenup/LC game will be interesting. I'm sure coach copley and his 18 seniors haven't forgoten about LC being up by 40 and still having the starters in in the 4th qtr. Not to mention the dance and chant of "our house" at the end of the game. This is Copleys alma-mater that alone will make him want a win in Louisa. I look for that game to be one of the best in the area next season. Could be one of the most heated also. Can't wait.

Can somebody refresh my memory? Wasn't GC the team who came out before the game carrying a big logging chain taunting LC?
Dawg days! Wrote:Can somebody refresh my memory? Wasn't GC the team who came out before the game carrying a big logging chain taunting LC?
That is not even close to correct. Why would GC have a logging chain? No it wasn't GC. The only team that I can think of that would have a chain would be Bell because they play on log mountain.
Kosar Wrote:That is not even close to correct. Why would GC have a logging chain? No it wasn't GC. The only team that I can think of that would have a chain would be Bell because they play on log mountain.

I checked, it was rowan co that had the dog chain.
Kosar Wrote:He shared carries with Carter last year, Of course he didnt have as many yrds.
Hunter James shared duties with 4 other running backs and averaged 7.8 yards per carry with over a 1000 yards. Caleb Bently averaged 9.1 and Jacob Marcum [the next Shane Pack] averaged 6.9. Lyle was at 5.5 for the season with 853 yards. Lyle is a good player but unless there is a good line in front he will struggle against a very solid LC defense. GC scored on the first play and did not score again until the freshman team took the field in the last part of the 4th quarter. Unless GC improves line play look for more of the same in 2010.
dawgbyte02 Wrote:Hunter James shared duties with 4 other running backs and averaged 7.8 yards per carry with over a 1000 yards. Caleb Bently averaged 9.1 and Jacob Marcum [the next Shane Pack] averaged 6.9. Lyle was at 5.5 for the season with 853 yards. Lyle is a good player but unless there is a good line in front he will struggle against a very solid LC defense. GC scored on the first play and did not score again until the freshman team took the field in the last part of the 4th quarter. Unless GC improves line play look for more of the same in 2010.
Line play should be GC's strong point. They are huge, experienced and twice as strong as last season.
Kosar Wrote:Line play should be GC's strong point. They are huge, experienced and twice as strong as last season.

Hey Kosar....I have a question for you. Why do you always come to LC threads and try to talk GC? Im just sayin.
Dawg days! Wrote:Hey Kosar....I have a question for you. Why do you always come to LC threads and try to talk GC? Im just sayin.
Im not talking any trash. Just talking about a good district rivalry. Come on over to the GC thread and feel free to talk about LC. I have no problem with talking about the other teams in the District on our thread.
Kosar Wrote:Im not talking any trash. Just talking about a good district rivalry. Come on over to the GC thread and feel free to talk about LC. I have no problem with talking about the other teams in the District on our thread.

Is it true you are a coach at GC?
Dawg days! Wrote:Is it true you are a coach at GC?

No...but I have a boy on the team.