Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What a joke this World Baseball Classic is...
The one star who tears his ACL this year will be the end of this thing after one year.

This thing is pointless and just stupid.

It is proven by USA born A-Rod playing for the Dominican. Mike Piazza was born in the US, playing for Italy. It's a joke, it will take one injury for teams to include it in contracts that this is off limits.

What a waste.

Sorry for the rant. I had to get that out.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2258255
Some other things about the upcoming classic are a joke.........Arod playing for the Dominican, but he was born in NY??? It cracks me up, before long, we won't have a US team. The only thing the US is good for, is allowing them the oppurtunity to play, and make lots and lots of money.
"hebron_cougar" Wrote:Some other things about the upcoming classic are a joke.........Arod playing for the Dominican, but he was born in NY??? It cracks me up, before long, we won't have a US team. The only thing the US is good for, is allowing them the oppurtunity to play, and make lots and lots of money.
Uhhhh that's exactly what I said. :Wave:
they arent necessarily basing it on where the player was born, but instead their family hieritage, because several of the players including Marco Scutaro, who might still be undecided because he can play for Italy or Mexico, have parents from another country... Manny Ramirez was born in New York City, but he would be playing for the Dominican Republic... I don't think it is a joke at all, the people playing are respecting their country and playing for pride...
"cardinalfan27" Wrote:they arent necessarily basing it on where the player was born, but instead their family hieritage, because several of the players including Marco Scutaro, who might still be undecided because he can play for Italy or Mexico, have parents from another country... Manny Ramirez was born in New York City, but he would be playing for the Dominican Republic... I don't think it is a joke at all, the people playing are respecting their country and playing for pride...
Their country is the country they were born in and lived in their entire lives.

I've never even been to the Czech Republic, but Ithink I'm going to play for them. It's a joke.
"cardinalfan27" Wrote:they arent necessarily basing it on where the player was born, but instead their family hieritage, because several of the players including Marco Scutaro, who might still be undecided because he can play for Italy or Mexico, have parents from another country... Manny Ramirez was born in New York City, but he would be playing for the Dominican Republic... I don't think it is a joke at all, the people playing are respecting their country and playing for pride...
I like the idea, sure it has some flaws... like not being on national television, and it should have some stipulations about the country the player plays for, but I think the overall concept is good and I hope it turns out great, although my favorite players aren't gonna be in it...