Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK vs. New Jersey Nets
Who wins? Pardon The Interruption hosts both agree the Nets win by 25+.

I disagree. I see UK winning atleast 4 times out of 10 games. Like KSR said, the Nets are young, and John Wall would be the best player on the floor. Patterson and Cousins would abuse the Lopez twin.

Title should say Nets, if someone could adjust, I would appreciate it.
I beg to differ. There is no college Basketball team that could be a Pro Basketball team.
I'm with Dusty.

You're comparing apples to oranges. Even if you used college officials, and enforced the rules strictly, the NBA team would beat the college players all day long, and twice on Sunday.

This reminds me of the argument that you see from time to time, where someone thinks that a girls' high school championship team would be competitive with (or even beat) an average high school boys' team. Not a chance. None. Whatsoever.
5 on 5, no substitutes, full court like a pick up at the Y, playing to 24, I think UK can win atleast 4.
Stardust Wrote:I beg to differ. There is no college Basketball team that could be a Pro Basketball team.

I bet the UCONN women could do it...lol They need to to the WNBA...lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Nets by 20-30+. UK beats Auburn by 5, and now they can beat an NBA team.
Why is this even a thread? Better yet, Why was this question even on PTI?
Aslan Wrote:Why is this even a thread? Better yet, Why was this question even on PTI?

i'm wondering the same thing. remember few years ago and everyone said that, i believe it was the knicks or Heat and everyone said they would be getting the Number 1 Draft Pick and who was it that got the pick? Chicago Bulls. how can people go and say that the Nets are gonna get the Number 1 Pick in the Draft when the playoffs haven't even started? Sure i don't think the Nets Will Make The Playoffs but you just can't up and say that the Nets are gonna get the Number 1 Pick because they don't know!
Aslan Wrote:Why is this even a thread? Better yet, Why was this question even on PTI?

I'm guessing that one of our faithful Wildcat fans (of which I'm one) went off the deep end, and sent an email to the show or something.

I love UK as much as the next guy, but we don't want to go off the deep end.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Who wins? Pardon The Interruption hosts both agree the Nets win by 25+.

I disagree. I see UK winning atleast 4 times out of 10 games. Like KSR said, the Nets are young, and John Wall would be the best player on the floor. Patterson and Cousins would abuse the Lopez twin.

LOL, I was just talking about the same about a month ago! And yes I do think that Kentucky could beat New Jersey!
BelfryPride Wrote:I bet the UCONN women could do it...lol They need to to the WNBA...lol

That reminds me of the joke from back in the 80's, when the East German women's Olympic swim team was doping up on steroids and they all looked like Brian Urlacher.

That particular year, three or four of the Russian weightlifters were disqualified for doping, and during his standup routine, a comedian said that if one of them had failed his drug test any worse, he would have been forced to swim on the East German women's team.
Squid Wrote:That reminds me of the joke from back in the 80's, when the East German women's Olympic swim team was doping up on steroids and they all looked like Brian Urlacher.

That particular year, three or four of the Russian weightlifters were disqualified for doping, and during his standup routine, a comedian said that if one of them had failed his drug test any worse, he would have been forced to swim on the East German women's team.

lol :thatsfunn
This is a dumb question.
Must have been a slow day on PTI if that is all they could come up with. I think UK could make some good plays against the NETS, but a professional team would be able to use a lot more really good players over the course of a game. This would wear down any good college team. Also, the college team would have to play many more possessions of solid defense. Anyone knows that a college team can get by without playing lock-down D every possession. Pro teams have good enough offensive talent to make a college team pay if they took possessions off defensively.
Good High school team vs college team
good college team vs. pro team

the higher level will ALWAYS win. There's a reason those players are playing at the "next" level
Like I said earlier - this reminds me of the arguments that occasionally arise about an extremely good girls' team playing an average boys' team.

The only person that can even try to make that argument is the parent (that never played basketball) of a girl on such a team. Nobody else in their right mind would ever make such a claim.
Squid Wrote:Like I said earlier - this reminds me of the arguments that occasionally arise about an extremely good girls' team playing an average boys' team.

The only person that can even try to make that argument is the parent (that never played basketball) of a girl on such a team. Nobody else in their right mind would ever make such a claim.

Yep :thumpsup:
Anyone remember when they was debating a few years ago if USC when they had Reggie Bush, could beat the Lions?
I doubt any of those guys on PTI or around the horn have even played high school sports. Why they get to debate them is a little rediculas.
lol in all honesty, i think it would be a good game. especially if UK played zone, Cause its not aloud in the NBA and it would be something the nets havent ever seen so id say it would tear them up not being able to go 1 on 1 with everyone. UK by 10. haha.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Who wins? Pardon The Interruption hosts both agree the Nets win by 25+.

Nets would win 10 of 10... Easily. Also, for the record Brooke Lopez is a top 5 center in the NBA. I love Cousins, but he would get roasted. He averages 20 and 10 in the league. He has more skill, speed, athleticism, passing ability, and smarts. He is the player Cousins should want to be in 3 or 4 years. I wouldn't take 2 Cousins' for one Brooke Lopez. Robin Lopez would be a better match up for Couz.
cincycat23 Wrote:lol in all honesty, i think it would be a good game. especially if UK played zone, Cause its not aloud in the NBA and it would be something the nets havent ever seen so id say it would tear them up not being able to go 1 on 1 with everyone. UK by 10. haha.

Well, there is some bad news here. The NBA has "aloud" (sic) zones since 2001.
Scoring has actually increased since the rule change. The average team now scores just under 5 points more per game.
UK wins in overtime by walls 60 footer
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Squid Wrote:Well, there is some bad news here. The NBA has "aloud" (sic) zones since 2001.
Scoring has actually increased since the rule change. The average team now scores just under 5 points more per game.

im sorry, i didn't know this was english 101. my bad. and anyway they may be able to play zones, but they don't. i watched a outside the lines show with this whole debate. and seems to me the only reason the zones have been took out is so there is more scoring and more 1 on 1, dunks, ect. im no expert, i have played a few ball games in my lifetime and im pretty sure its not that easy to get to the rim and dunk on someone when they are playing a zone. and i also learned its alot easier when you can go 1 on 1 and screen and role and not worry about other players being in the way. so yeah, thats what i meant. so i would love to see these zones be played and see how silly someone like kobe or lebron would look when they get into the middle of 4 players and throw it away everytime.
The Nets would straight tear up UK. It would be over within 5 minutes. I think we are getting a little carried away right now. UK has plenty of NBA players on their team, but only a few(Cuz, JWall, PPat) that will have average to great NBA careers. To even think for a second that any college team could beat a pro team is absurd. NJ wins 100/100 times. You have to think, the 12 guys on that NJ team were some of the best players in their country when they were college-aged and played against college opponents. Plus they play against the best athletes in the world everyday, which improves them each time they step on the court.
PC_You_Know Wrote:5 on 5, no substitutes, full court like a pick up at the Y, playing to 24, I think UK can win atleast 4.

lol lemme now when the Nets come to local Y, ky would not win 1 out of 20 little alone 4 of 10
theres no college 5 that will beat a Nba's 5
Panther Thunder Wrote:Nets by 20-30+. UK beats Auburn by 5, and now they can beat an NBA team.

I agree.
I agree that NO college team could beat an NBA team BUT the New Jersey Nets are not your average NBA team. They are terrible.
lwc Wrote:I agree that NO college team could beat an NBA team BUT the New Jersey Nets are not your average NBA team. They are terrible.

You are right, LWC. They are a very bad NBA team.

That said, they are still a collection of 12 of the best 360 to 400 players in the world. The top 400 or so players that money can buy. Anywhere. The Nets can get anyone that they want from the NBA developmental league. They can pay for anyone in the European or Australian league. They can buy anyone in college that has already completed their freshman season.

We can argue that the Nets' top brass can't really judge talent very well, but even with that limitation, they are still picking nothing but cherries within the world of basketball talent.
Squid Wrote:You are right, LWC. They are a very bad NBA team.

That said, they are still a collection of 12 of the best 360 to 400 players in the world. The top 400 or so players that money can buy. Anywhere. The Nets can get anyone that they want from the NBA developmental league. They can pay for anyone in the European or Australian league. They can buy anyone in college that has already completed their freshman season.

We can argue that the Nets' top brass can't really judge talent very well, but even with that limitation, they are still picking nothing but cherries within the world of basketball talent.

Thank you. I'm sure the next naive comment that is going to follow ours is that we have 10 of the best 360 in the world, or all better than those on the Nets, but no chance.
I would bet the farm on the Nets in a single game, but I do recall a day 27 years ago when tiny Chaminade College beat Ralph Sampson's top-ranked Virginia team 77-72.
nets in ot