Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feds Creek 38 Elkhorn City 20
Final
Congrats fc
Congrats FC
bigman77 Wrote:Congrats FC

thanks
A pretty rough game, EC came to play and played very hard..... Its a shame that sometimes referees won't let kids play and show themselves when the game has long been decided. I am not one to jump on referees, but what happened at the end of the game and during parts of it was uncalled for.
School Admin. Wrote:A pretty rough game, EC came to play and played very hard..... Its a shame that sometimes referees won't let kids play and show themselves when the game has long been decided. I am not one to jump on referees, but what happened at the end of the game and during parts of it was uncalled for.

So very, very true. Got this one all on video! Congrats boys on a GREAT game!:Thumbs:
Played at EC?
Yes, game was played at EC.
Johns Creek made our first and last trip there last night with me as Coach.

Good win.
All I can say is anyone who was at the game we played against Elkhorn in the Cougar Classic knows where we stand on the refs. A foul after the buzzer and a T on me for telling my boys to sit down! But I guess us losing that game was more our fault because we let them hang in it long enough to put the game in the refs hands. But I have a lot of faith in Van as a coach, I think he'll find a few good refs pretty soon that will make teams want to come back and play his team at home.
How many times are these things to be mentioned? Never have we said that the referees are perfect anywhere. I wish no team or player any unfair advantage and if you guys that are crying want to bring your referees then that is Okay with me. I often feel the same way about other places where we play but I will not hand my team a crutch or make excuses for getting out played. ("Johns Creek made our first and last trip there last night with me as Coach.") We will play anywhere, anytime, and anyone.... no fear!, no excuses! If you support your school and players show some respect and give your kids some credit and don't allow others to take away from why we coach; it is not only to win but to teach. I love my players and try to set a good example of what a coach is supposed to be. I do not make excuses for the referees either because they must stand on their own merit.
Cougar Connection, I cannot speak for everyone, but I can tell you that I wasn't blaming the referees for anything except letting the game get a little out of hand before something was done. I am all for having the referees get control, but to try to do that with 30 seconds left in the game and us up by 20 points is rather pointless. I gave E.C. lots of credit last night, your team came ready to play and played hard. I can see considerable improvement out of them from the beginning of the year. I don't make excuses for any loss we have other than getting beat and trust me, I am with you, we will play and have played the best the area has to offer and will continue to do so!!
Question : Does Pike County require that both officials be actual officials for middle school games ???
canoeman06 Wrote:Question : Does Pike County require that both officials be actual officials for middle school games ???

No, just one.

Brent Rose assigns officials for Virgie, Johns Creek, Belfry and I think Dorton,
So one of the officials could be a someone form the stands and it would be ok ????? :yikes:
Congratulations VIKINGS, as always, you continue to make me PROUD...To the COUGARS, you played hard and played well, you boys just get better with each and every game, I'm proud of you too...I'll always be cheering for BOTH teams!!:Clap:
Cougar Connection Wrote:How many times are these things to be mentioned? Never have we said that the referees are perfect anywhere. I wish no team or player any unfair advantage and if you guys that are crying want to bring your referees then that is Okay with me. I often feel the same way about other places where we play but I will not hand my team a crutch or make excuses for getting out played. ("Johns Creek made our first and last trip there last night with me as Coach.") We will play anywhere, anytime, and anyone.... no fear!, no excuses! If you support your school and players show some respect and give your kids some credit and don't allow others to take away from why we coach; it is not only to win but to teach. I love my players and try to set a good example of what a coach is supposed to be. I do not make excuses for the referees either because they must stand on their own merit.

Just one of the main reasons I think the middle school programs should be consolidated. Fans from FC,EC, and MMS should not be in these kind of augruments. Espically when there all gonna be on the same team one day.
Real Badman Wrote:Just one of the main reasons I think the middle school programs should be consolidated. Fans from FC,EC, and MMS should not be in these kind of augruments. Espically when there all gonna be on the same team one day.

i agree
What happened? I was at the game but didn't really notice anything. I wasn't paying attention.