Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christian Co 69 Shelby Valley 66
How many did Justice have?
Elisha Justice and Hickey didn't guard one another because both teams played zone the entire game. Both teams had good looks at the basket, but CC converted more often than SV. Elisha had a spy on him the entire game. His shots where contested and still made a few, but drove the ball more often than pulling up a for a jumper. I wouldn't say Elisha is selfish either, because he is the most unselfish player I've seen that has the ability to score.

Hickey has a nice shot and a good floater, but I wouldn't venture to say that he is smoother with the ball than Elisha, although I haven't seen Hickey play as much as Elisha. I do think that Hickey has more upside and he's extremely quick, more so than Elisha, but both seem equal with their ball speed if that makes sense.

I think some of you take "kywldcat01" posts as negative when he's only posting constructive criticism. We all do it whether we would like to admit it or not. If you don't agree with him then their is no point in taking shots over and over again at him. Just simply disagree and give reason to why you disagree, because that's what we encourage here at BGR.
PC_You_Know Wrote:I'm starting to think kywildcat01 just goes with what his buddies tell him to, because he's on here an awful lot, I doubt he gets to see many games. Heck, he's made more posts in this thread than any other person and he didn't even go to the game.

PC_You_Know Wrote:Before this season, no player in this state compared to any Holmes player. I'm guessing you saying "right now" is your way of saying some player from Holmes will overtake him before the season is over.

Again, your personal attacks are getting old. If that's the best you can come up with, come better please. You might not like my points because they aren't praising Valley, but a lot of unbiased fans would agree that they're pretty spot on. You'd be surprised at how many pm's I get thanking me for saying what others won't or don't want to say because they don't want all the Valley fans coming down on them.

And I get out more than you think to see games. Heck, I managed to make it to Elliott Co last year for the Ballard and Mason Co games and I live all the way up in NKY.Was also in Louisville every day of the KOB.

As far as Sewell goes, he's been the best player in the state thus far. No argument from me. But other players (not including Holmes players...I don't know why you bring them in to every thread just because you have nothing better to counter my posts with) still have an opportunity to overtake him as the best player in the state....Elisha Justice being on of those candidates as well as probably 10-15 other seniors.

It's a long season and the best player doesn't always win Mr. Basketball. See Scotty Hopson in 08.

And honestly everything you've said in this thread has nothing to do with the topic at hand. If you have a problem, take it to the pm's. All you're doing with your immature comments is taking away from the young men who provided a great game for the all the fans that attended.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Elisha Justice and Hickey didn't guard one another because both teams played zone the entire game. Both teams had good looks at the basket, but CC converted more often than SV. Elisha had a spy on him the entire game. His shots where contested and still made a few, but drove the ball more often than pulling up a for a jumper. I wouldn't say Elisha is selfish either, because he is the most unselfish player I've seen that has the ability to score.

Hickey has a nice shot and a good floater, but I wouldn't venture to say that he is smoother with the ball than Elisha, although I haven't seen Hickey play as much as Elisha. I do think that Hickey has more upside and he's extremely quick, more so than Elisha, but both seem equal with their ball speed if that makes sense.

I think some of you take "kywldcat01" posts as negative when he's only posting constructive criticism. We all do it whether we would like to admit it or not. If you don't agree with him then their is no point in taking shots over and over again at him. Just simply disagree and give reason to why you disagree, because that's what we encourage here at BGR.

And it's unbiased posts like this that make blackcatalum one of the most respected posters on this site.

Wish a few others would take your advice. :Thumbs:
kywldcat01 Wrote:Again, your personal attacks are getting old. If that's the best you can come up with, come better please. You might not like my points because they aren't praising Valley, but a lot of unbiased fans would agree that they're pretty spot on. You'd be surprised at how many pm's I get thanking me for saying what others won't or don't want to say because they don't want all the Valley fans coming down on them.

And I get out more than you think to see games. Heck, I managed to make it to Elliott Co last year for the Ballard and Mason Co games and I live all the way up in NKY.Was also in Louisville every day of the KOB.

As far as Sewell goes, he's been the best player in the state thus far. No argument from me. But other players (not including Holmes players...I don't know why you bring them in to every thread just because you have nothing better to counter my posts with) still have an opportunity to overtake him as the best player in the state....Elisha Justice being on of those candidates as well as probably 10-15 other seniors.

It's a long season and the best player doesn't always win Mr. Basketball. See Scotty Hopson in 08.

And honestly everything you've said in this thread has nothing to do with the topic at hand. If you have a problem, take it to the pm's. All you're doing with your immature comments is taking away from the young men who provided a great game for the all the fans that attended.

What was personal about it? I think it was more job related considering you talk about working for a "recruiting like" site.

Oh, I'm the one who brings other players into threads they're not mentioned in, yeah that's PC_You_Know. You make me laugh.
PC_You_Know Wrote:What was personal about it? I think it was more job related considering you talk about working for a "recruiting like" site.

Oh, I'm the one who brings other players into threads they're not mentioned in, yeah that's PC_You_Know. You make me laugh.

Dude, anytime anyone says something about Justice you automatically get defensive.

And I was mentioning a player that PLAYED IN THIS GAME, so yea It is very relevant to the thread topic. You were the one who started mentioning Holmes, for whatever reason, not me.

I simply asked if Hickey was better than Justice and several posters, including you, get all bent out of shape and say I'm bashing him.

Oh and I believe there were actually several Valley fans who agreed and said Hickey looked to be the better of the two. I guess they aren't bashing him though...right? :eyeroll:
kywldcat01 Wrote:I've seen Justice several times but I've seeen Hickey several times as well and I wouldn't say Justice is a better leaper. Hickey is just as explosive, if not more explosive. In the games against Holmes and Bowlign Green he was grabbing rebounds over players like Chane Behanan, Elijah Pittman, Jeremiah Johnson, and Ricardo Johnson.

Hickey is a legit top 10 player in the state right now as a junior...IMO of course. It's tough to argue him not being somewhere in the conversation considering the performances he's had throughout the season while also leading his team to a 17-3 record thus far.

Again, I don't see why some of you keep saying Justice is a better leaper and ball handler. Hickey is very smooth with the ball and his quickness makes him just as tough to defend as Justice. Hickey also has a quicker first step off the dribble and is explosive going to the rim. He can rise up and throw one down on you if you don't respect his leaping ability. I'd also say they're even defensively. Hickey is a hound on defense and is in your face the entire game.

I also don't agree with your assessment that Hickey doesn't mean as much to his team as Justice. That's letting your bias get in the way. All I've read in both these threads is how Hickey took over at this time or that time and helped set up Lewis to have a big game. Hickey is too unselfish at times and that's why he doesn't average over 20 a game. IMO Hickey is more of a team player than Justice. Not saying Justice isn't a team player, but Hickey passes up shots a lot more than Justice in order to get his teammates involved.

Did you ever think that Hickey didn't draw as much attention as Justice becaue Hickey simply has a better supporting cast than Justice? Lewis lit SV up because Hickey was able to drive and find him wide open in the corners for 3's.

Also, if SV supposedly didn't have Hickey as their main priority defensively then that's very bad coaching by Booher and he didn't prepare his team for this game. Hickey is CC's leading scorer at around 18 ppg.

Both are very good players but the only edge I'd give to Justice is experience and that's only because Hickey is a junior. Hickey has also proved himself against better competition this year. Now with that said, Justice is still a very good player regardless of competition.

And before I get people saying I'm bashing Elisha, realize I've said how good he is several times in these posts. I just think Hickey is a little ahead of him, despite only being a junior. Both players would be tremendous assets to any team in the state.

I have to respectfully disagree with much of this assessment. Elisha is the better leaper, as was apparent in the pre-game warm-up when he was dunking it left and right and Hickey, try as he might, missed several attempts, before going back to finger rolls.Hickey is quick,especially his first step, but also plays out of control alot.Elisha has a very quick first step,as well, and his style often misleads people into thinking he's not as quick as he really is. But, I'm sure if you ask any of the players who have tried to stop him, they'll have a different story to tell. Don't get me wrong, I believe Hickey is definitely one of the best point guards in the state and does a wonderful job of making his teammates better.But, in a one on one assessment, I would have to give the edge to Elisha overall.He is as quick as anyone, is a great ball handler, is exceptionally strong, and is always looking for the dish to an open player.
kywldcat01 Wrote:Dude, anytime anyone says something about Justice you automatically get defensive.

And I was mentioning a player that PLAYED IN THIS GAME, so yea It is very relevant to the thread topic. You were the one who started mentioning Holmes, for whatever reason, not me.

I simply asked if Hickey was better than Justice and several posters, including you, get all bent out of shape and say I'm bashing him.

Oh and I believe there were actually several Valley fans who agreed and said Hickey looked to be the better of the two. I guess they aren't bashing him though...right? :eyeroll:

Dude really, you're approval rating on this site is worse than George Bush's was. I thought you were staying out of Valley threads? Go talk about Holmes and all the "better" players in the state in other threads. Any game Elisha plays in you tell us how a player on the other team is better. I bet you'd say Phelps has a player better than Elisha. You're really getting tiring on this site man.
SV has a great team and Justice is special. SV is hands down the best in the mountians. I do think this shows how weak the mountins are. We have a long way to go to play with the long atheletic teams down state. This may not be a popular quote and i wished it was not so, but look who wins the State this year. Long and atheletic.
kywldcat01 Wrote:Did you ever think that Hickey didn't draw as much attention as Justice becaue Hickey simply has a better supporting cast than Justice? Lewis lit SV up because Hickey was able to drive and find him wide open in the corners for 3's.
Did I at any point say that Christian County did not have more offensive weapons than SV? No. I was simply pointing out that Elisha receives more attention from opposing schools due to his reputation, thus making the stats he has managed to accumulate even more impressive. Christian County and Hickey are both top notch and have an outside shot a state title.
kywldcat01 Wrote:Dude, anytime anyone says something about Justice you automatically get defensive.

:Thumbs:
JIMLEE58 Wrote:I have to respectfully disagree with much of this assessment. Elisha is the better leaper, as was apparent in the pre-game warm-up when he was dunking it left and right and Hickey, try as he might, missed several attempts, before going back to finger rolls.Hickey is quick,especially his first step, but also plays out of control alot.Elisha has a very quick first step,as well, and his style often misleads people into thinking he's not as quick as he really is. But, I'm sure if you ask any of the players who have tried to stop him, they'll have a different story to tell. Don't get me wrong, I believe Hickey is definitely one of the best point guards in the state and does a wonderful job of making his teammates better.But, in a one on one assessment, I would have to give the edge to Elisha overall.He is as quick as anyone, is a great ball handler, is exceptionally strong, and is always looking for the dish to an open player.

See, I can live with this assessment. Very unbiased opinion while also making several good points. I guess it's all a matter of perception. :Thumbs:

PC_You_Know Wrote:Dude really, you're approval rating on this site is worse than George Bush's was. I thought you were staying out of Valley threads? Go talk about Holmes and all the "better" players in the state in other threads. Any game Elisha plays in you tell us how a player on the other team is better. I bet you'd say Phelps has a player better than Elisha. You're really getting tiring on this site man.

Again, show me in all of the Valley POST GAME threads where I've said or asked if this player of that player was better. I think you'll be suprised to see this is the only one where I've asked that about one of SV's opponents.

Larry Legend Wrote:Did I at any point say that Christian County did not have more offensive weapons than SV? No. I was simply pointing out that Elisha receives more attention from opposing schools due to his reputation, thus making the stats he has managed to accumulate even more impressive. Christian County and Hickey are both top notch and have an outside shot a state title.

Fair enough. I was simply trying to point out that if Booher had done a better job scouting, he would have made Hickey his main focus since he is their leading scorer at 18 ppg while also being their pg that makes the offense go.
Hats off to both as they are great teams and hopefully we can see a rematch come March in Rupp Arena. CC certainly did what many teams could not do and thats beat Valley and Perry Central on back - to - back nights and to me they are one of the top five teams in the state.
5timechamp Wrote:When CC lost those games they had some players out with injury. Since then they beat Scott Co. at Scott

Christian County and Scott County have not played this year.
kywldcat01 Wrote:It's a long season and the best player doesn't always win Mr. Basketball. See Scotty Hopson in 08.

Hopson may have been the player with the most potential but he was not the best high school player in KY. I watched him play about 1/2 dozen times his senior year and he played very uninspired. He seemed to be giving 1/2 speed effort. He was never overly productive in high school. He made is reputation in AAU.
rojas Wrote:Hopson may have been the player with the most potential but he was not the best high school player in KY. I watched him play about 1/2 dozen times his senior year and he played very uninspired. He seemed to be giving 1/2 speed effort. He was never overly productive in high school. He made is reputation in AAU.

Very true...but Hopson still averaged close to 20 ppg his senior year and could take over whenever he "wanted".

Edmonson was the best player on that team though. He was what made them go. I believe he's playing for the St. Johns Red Storm now.
Guys, this has been a good thread for the most part, with lots of insightful posts. Let's try to keep the discussion on the game and knock off the little personal stuff. :Thumbs:
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Shelby Valley is a very good basketball team. However when they get beat the fans or whoever replies to these posts have nothing but excuses for SV. This was a good basketball game both teams played well but SV was out played and out coached it's that simple. NO EXCUSES.
Big big win for Christian Co :Thumbs:
That is a great win for Christian County. Coming into SV and getting the win is very impressive. Not many teams in the state could pull that off. Especially if they are an out of region team playing on the road in the 15th region.
Like many have acknowledged, a very impressive game (make that two games) for Christian Co. However, I am still proud of Valley for putting up an amazing fight and working through injuries, etc. They will be fine in the remainder of the season. I am really happy to see Christian Co come in a do this for the mountain schools. They really did seem like a classy group of players. Congrats all around.
I think this is one of the best games that I have ever been to..But for Elisha and Ashley to not be 100% and you only lose by 3 to a top ten team..I really hope we play them again in the Sweet 16..It will be a totally different ball game if everyone is healthy..This game was to prove that Valley can hang with some of the best..And for them not to be 100%..They done a great job at it..If they were healthy they would have kept the streak alive without a doubt.
Bleeding Blue Wrote:I think this is one of the best games that I have ever been to..But for Elisha and Ashley to not be 100% and you only lose by 3 to a top ten team..I really hope we play them again in the Sweet 16..It will be a totally different ball game if everyone is healthy..This game was to prove that Valley can hang with some of the best..And for them not to be 100%..They done a great job at it..If they were healthy they would have kept the streak alive without a doubt.
Here we go again.
^Yep.