Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
13th Region
Who is favored to win the 13th Region
Ill have to say the team the won it last year South Laurel
14thregionrules Wrote:Ill have to say the team the won it last year South Laurel

they lost 7 to 8 every day starters to graduation.
the dark wizard Wrote:they lost 7 to 8 every day starters to graduation.

well i didnt know that but im gonna stick with them tho but if they dont i either lee co or clay co will in the region
Let's not overlook Harlan County:rockon:
14thregionrules Wrote:well i didnt know that but im gonna stick with them tho but if they dont i either lee co or clay co will in the region

lee co isnt in the 13th, and i agree clay will be good but they lost their head coach whom was the father of their ace. That being said they can win the region but their not as much of a favor as you would think. yes harlan co will contend.
Harlan County returns a lot of talent this year. I look for them to be right there contending for the 13th Region crown............:rockon:
Remember... Don't over look Bell County
wildcats fan Wrote:Remember... Don't over look Bell County

i dont think there gonna do much
wildcats fan Wrote:Remember... Don't over look Bell County

they return the 3rd baseman. thats it.
clayco. south laurel ,jackson co and corbin contenders for region with North Laurel dark horse. 49th district with 3 contenders strongest district in south east ky. possibbly the state with 3 teams that could win region
How will South Laurels pitching be this year... Did they loose most of their staff or did they return most of their pitching?
I believe they return two of the four: Gilbert and Adams, I think Adams may have been there ace.
With Jackson County having a heavy junior and sophmore laden team they will make some noise this year with a couple of solid players in Adam Duncun, Chad Fox, Colby Nicholson, and Alex Wilson. With a lone senior in Jacob Bowling. Look for them to make it to regional finals this year.
Generals2010 Wrote:With Jackson County having a heavy junior and sophmore laden team they will make some noise this year with a couple of solid players in Adam Duncun, Chad Fox, Colby Nicholson, and Alex Wilson. With a lone senior in Jacob Bowling. Look for them to make it to regional finals this year.

yes they will have a solid team. them and knox had a battle last year in the region tourny, both starting basically all sophomores and freshmen. KC returns virtually the whole team plus a few tranfers and new players, they will make a big run for the crown.:redboxer:
the 13th is going to be a toss up this year where everyone isnt completely better than the other besides barbourville, pineville, harlan ind, and red bird lol its anyones game after district and how u draw out of it but best of luck to everyone
Who is the coaches at Knox, is it Melton or Bright?
Regional Tournament 2010: 49th Clay Co. and North Laurel ( These two teams maybe the best in the region)
50th: Corbin and South Laurel
51st: Knox and Barbourville (The weakest district)
52nd: Harlan Co. and Middlesboro ( Harlan Co. being the 3rd best team in region)
redstorm Wrote:Who is the coaches at Knox, is it Melton or Bright?

Vanover
who does harlan have ? that makes them soo good:puking:
you all have forgotten to mention whitley co and you all are prolly thinking of how there going to be any good because they lost arguably the best coach in the region rob lettington but they we only lost 3 seniors that wasnt even that good except for one of them we had seven sophomores and juniors starting and return almost the whole pitching staff and i guarantee everybody else lost more people than us.
Region Rankings:
1) Clay Co.
2) North Laurel
3) Harlan Co.
4) Middlesboro
5) Corbin, South Laurel,
redstorm Wrote:Region Rankings:
1) Clay Co.
2) North Laurel
3) Harlan Co.
4) Middlesboro
5) Corbin, South Laurel,

These are your rankings or did they come via a website?
Lousiville Courier rating by region..
If Corbin can get through their schedule without losing confidence, they should be a regional contender by the end of the year. They play Lexington Catholic twice, Henry Clay, Louisville Eastern, Elizabethtown, Somerset, Franklin Simpson. Meade Co, South Laurel twice, Whitley Co twice, Middlesboro twice, North Laurel twice, Rockcastle Co twice, McCreary Co twice, Marshall Co and also 4 teams from out of state. They will more than likely finish under .500, but this young team(I think they start 5 sophs) will get to see what it takes to beat some of the better teams in the state.
Corbin is VERY young. They are playing an extremely tough schedule. However, if they can withstand the temptation to not thinking they are any good . . . they will improve and be a contender by season end. Rob Ledington is an awesome baseball coach and knows what he is doing.