•  Previous
  • 8(current)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South Carolina 68 - (1)Kentucky 62
Deathstar 80 Wrote:Keep in mind that within a year, Kentucky's three starting freshman went from playing in the small crowds of high school to playing in this intense game with the home crowd known to being so loud, there was one play where the referee blew his whistle and the players didn't hear him. So why could this top-ranked team be so nervous? It's a result of the expectations of being #1, having a target on you for being #1, and going to an intense crowd of 18,000 fans (I looked on ESPN.com, and it did say there were 18,000 fans there).

For all Kentucky fans, have less expectations on the Kentucky basketball players. Simply, let them play basketball.

This is not accurate. First off these guys have played in some of the biggest HS environs in the country. Most of them played in packed collge facilities because their HS's could not contain them. Second, you probably have never been to a National AAU competition for the 18u title. These guys have seen bag crowds. I'm not saying 18K, but they did not play in the 1000 seat gyms since grade school
greenstuff22 Wrote:Downey=No future in the NBA.

Completely agree with this. I really don't see a 5'9 point guard making a big splash. Downey's a good college player but he's not going to be a pro.
greenstuff22 Wrote:Downey=No future in the NBA.

your probably right..this is a college thread though! Downey is a great player..if he had some size i would take him 1st round
Stardust Wrote:So? And that makes him a bad college player? Just becasue Archie Griffin was a terrible Pro, does that no make him worthy of being maybe the greates college athlete ever? It makes zero sense to compare what type of Pro someone will be to disrespect their college ability.

Exactly...To different worlds! College is more fun to watch i think anyways...they play defense!
Jerry_Damage01 Wrote:Completely agree with this. I really don't see a 5'9 point guard making a big splash. Downey's a good college player but he's not going to be a pro.

Jammer Nelson- Starts for the magic- $8,100,000
Ty Lawson- Temendous college player- Rookie Year-$1,438,680
Nate Robinson!-won dunk contest-had a great career ion NBA-$8,000,000
Sure most guards are 6-1 or 6-2 but some are not, and have great carreers!
theVILLE Wrote:Jammer Nelson- Starts for the magic- $8,100,000
Ty Lawson- Temendous college player- Rookie Year-$1,438,680
Nate Robinson!-won dunk contest-had a great career ion NBA-$8,000,000
Sure most guards are 6-1 or 6-2 but some are not, and have great carreers!

You forgot about Spudd Webb.
Earl Boykins, Damon Stoudamire, Mike Wilks, Brevin Knight, JJ Barea, Chucky Atkins, Speedy Claxton are all players at the 5-9, 5-10 range.

I am really happy that no one told Chris Paul that at 5-11 he would never make it in the NBA:popcorn:
Stardust Wrote:Earl Boykins, Damon Stoudamire, Mike Wilks, Brevin Knight, JJ Barea, Chucky Atkins, Speedy Claxton are all players at the 5-9, 5-10 range.

I am really happy that no one told Chris Paul that at 5-11 he would never make it in the NBA:popcorn:

He won't make it to the NBA. It also will not snow today.
Stardust Wrote:Earl Boykins, Damon Stoudamire, Mike Wilks, Brevin Knight, JJ Barea, Chucky Atkins, Speedy Claxton are all players at the 5-9, 5-10 range.

Exactly...chris paul is the best PG in the NBA...Downey has the talent!
Jerry_Damage01 Wrote:He won't make it to the NBA. It also will not snow today.

So are you saying that Downey will or will not make it in the NBA
lol downey scores 30 points and shoots 29 shots, my 12 year old sister could score 30 points on 29 shots haha

but yet you say hes gonna make it in the nba? get outta here, when he makes it to the nba then thats the day when the lions make it to the superbowl.
theVILLE Wrote:So are you saying that Downey will or will not make it in the NBA

I was being sarcastic. I don't think he'll make it in the NBA. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't see him having the game to be a pg in the NBA. A good/great college player doesn't make a good pro.
Stardust Wrote:This is not accurate. First off these guys have played in some of the biggest HS environs in the country. Most of them played in packed collge facilities because their HS's could not contain them. Second, you probably have never been to a National AAU competition for the 18u title. These guys have seen bag crowds. I'm not saying 18K, but they did not play in the 1000 seat gyms since grade school

I apologize for the inaccurate statement I made earlier. I shouldn't have posted that. Still, three freshman having to go into a stadium of 18,000 fans and trying to remain #1 in the nation is a pretty big burden. Didn't you guys see the nervous facial expressions on Kentucky's players? I could clearly tell these guys were nervous. If you didn't see, wouldn't it make sense that nervousness was the reason these players missed layups and dunks? It does for me. The expectations on these players are way too high.

Besides, coming into this season, did you guys really think Kentucky was going to have a 20-game win streak? To my understanding, the 19-0 start is the second best start in Kentucky basketball history (I seen this on Sportscenter, the best start I believe being 23-0 under Coach Rupp. I also heard from Sportscenter that Coach Calipari has had the best or second best start from a "rookie" coach in Kentucky history. The other being Coach Rupp.).
Deathstar 80 Wrote:I also heard from Sportscenter that Coach Calipari has had the best or second best start from a "rookie" coach in Kentucky history. The other being Coach Rupp.).

I think he does have the best start from a first year coach. I think Rupp's was like 10 or 11 games.
mister... basketball Wrote:lol downey scores 30 points and shoots 29 shots, my 12 year old sister could score 30 points on 29 shots haha

but yet you say hes gonna make it in the nba? get outta here, when he makes it to the nba then thats the day when the lions make it to the superbowl.

All right, he is 5'9" and playing against the biggest team in basketball! downey and company were playing the #1 team in the land, he had to score 30 in order for them to have any kind of chance to pull the upset...it took him forcing fouls adn forcing shots...yes he had a bad game but, he done what was needed for the gamecocks to get the "W"....Yes cousins had the big game for the cats and SC had no answer for him...we knew that going in to the game...but what we didnt know was if wall could hold downey to few points to get the win..In which he didnt...If wall didnt have "all the talent" around him he would shoot 30 shots a game too! Downey has the talent to make it in the NBA he showed that in his 4 years in college...whether or not a team will take a chance on his size is beyond me or you!:Thumbs:
  •  Previous
  • 8(current)