•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South Carolina 68 - (1)Kentucky 62
ComfortEagle Wrote:Look on the bright side. At this time last year, we had already lost 5 games.
lol Hadn't won many more than that either.
Amun-Ra Wrote:I won't say the refs cost us anything but the whistle blew fast and loud when Downey had the ball and it was painfully quiet when Wall had it.

I wonder how many fouls Wall usually has called on him? And how many he had called on him this game?

Seems like there weren't very many whistles when Wall was going to the hoop this time around.

Just saying. Not blaming the refs, but it is interesting.

And like I've said, I'm glad we got this over with. The burden of perfection has been lifted.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ComfortEagle Wrote:[Image: http://www.352media.com/rantingandraving...psLock.jpg]

[Image: http://opera.oslocity.org/caps/capslock.jpg]

You are kidding. Right. Like who really cares. This is not an English class. Smart...
Ville, I will be more than happy to take WV for $500.00 this weekend, if you're so confident, put your money where your mouth is.... PM me and we will set this up.... NO points, just straight up
memphistiger Wrote:blah blah blah. he is a good player. but i would not give him no huge ups for that 30pts. you cannot sit and tell me your good when you miss 20 shots? and like PCyouknow said, 4 was deff. BS. and if you disagree then go back and what how many wide open shots he missed, so how do you make those kind of shots when you miss a wide open layup? heck, take wall,singler,rautins,collins, any good scorer from a top 10 team and put them on south carolina and i bet my life they do the same thing. how many assist a game does downey average? and how many steals? he is nothing but offense. and no one forces shots more than him.
He might have taken the national lead tonite in that category. He was tied I think before the game. You don't know who you are talking about.
PCBaseball Wrote:You are kidding. Right. Like who really cares. This is not an English class. Smart...

The people who read your posts care. The use of caps lock is hard to read and is inconsiderate to the readers of the content on this site. And if I have to remind you......

...lets all chime in class...

...use of proper grammar and spelling is a rule here at BGR.

12. We ask that you, the user, attempt to use correct spelling, grammar, and capitalization when posting in the public forum. Posts that cannot be easily read will be removed by the Staff. Numerous unreadable posts can be grounds for an infraction or suspension from BGR.

And what was that at the end of your post? Is that a hint at name-calling? Ah, if so, I'll remind you that's a rule here as well.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Stardust Wrote:Exactly. Too many people are going to take this loss like they just lost their Mother!

I've said it for a while, the one test that the Cats have had to face this year is being down with less than 5:00. They have never had to face that and they still were three missed lay-ups from winning this game. This will be the biggest learning opportunity that this team has had all season.

No way this is a shocker. Games at USC has been very tough on the Cats and all of the SEC for the least several seasons. This is a team that plays incredible basketball in their home areana.

Devon Downey - Flat out the best basketball player on the floor tonight. He was awesome. He blew by every single person that guarded him. I am amazed at his quickness. Props to this young man, IMO, top three players in the nation.

Wall has looked flat ever since the Louisville game. He has playred great in spurts but has not played the way that he has needed to over the last few games with the exception of the overmatched Arkansas game. I truly beleive that this is a wake up call to him that he will answer. I think that he will come out focussed to lead this team for 40 minutes instead of 4 minute spurts.

I couldn't help but be dumbfounded everytime they showed the stat that no other player bout a Freshman scored for UK in the 2nd half. Who's fault is that? To me, PPat has to DEMAND the ball. He's the leader of this team. We all knw that Wall is the #1 player in the nation, but PPat is the #1 player on this team. For him to not be more assertive on the offensive side was very disappointing to me. I look for PPat to come out with an anger the rest of the season.

It was mindboggling how the undersized USC frontcourt dominated the offensive glass. They outhustled and outworked every UK big man all night long.

Cousins was just incredible again. He is definitely the best big man in the country. I would like to see him mature one final piece of his game. Everytime he gets the ball in the paint, he feels that he HAS to shoot. I'd like to see him make that short pass to the open man in the paint. All night long, he would get double teamed on the baseline and force it. PPat was standing five feet away open for an easy dish and Jam. Even if Cousins kicked it back out to a guard and then got an immediate entry pass right back, that would be enough to get rid of the doubleteam.

All in all, you have to give credit to USC. They outhustled and outworked the Cats tonight. The Cats came in riding the #1 ranking and left their game on the Bus. I think though this may be the call to action that this young team needed to get them ready for the stretch run in the SEC. They now have been through this type of game. I was worried that if they continued the trend they were on, they might not have experienced it until the NCAA tourney. That would have been to late to learn a lesson then!

You are right on about PPat. He did not demand the ball all night and even late in the game and down 4, he passed the ball back out from under the basket two times when he could have drove for the layup.The upperclass man was depending on the Freshmen! Also, after the UofL game, alot of people including you where bashing Cousins. I said then that I loved him and felt he might be the most important piece of the team. I got alot of flak over that then, but it seems alot of people are changing their tune and see the stud he is.
memphistiger Wrote:blah blah blah. he is a good player. but i would not give him no huge ups for that 30pts. you cannot sit and tell me your good when you miss 20 shots? and like PCyouknow said, 4 was deff. BS. and if you disagree then go back and watch how many wide open shots he missed, so how do you make those kind of shots when you miss a wide open layup? heck, take wall,singler,rautins,collins, any good scorer from a top 10 team and put them on south carolina and i bet my life they do the same thing. how many assist a game does downey average? and how many steals? he is nothing but offense. and no one forces shots more than him.

Well, A lot of KY fans are going to defend him right now, He just beat down their team...Well not really.. SC beat Uk to lose balls and, Anyone got the rebound battle?
FT's, Cats shot 21, USC shot 28, but 7 of their FT's were in the last 1:06 when UK was trying to foul USC. So I really won't say it was an unfair advatage on the FT line. Yeah, Wall was hammered on his dunk attemtp, but immediately preceeding that drive by Wall, the Cats got the rebound on a drive that Downey was clearly fouled on by Patterson that was not called. Not saying either one was worse than the other, but the Cats would not have even had the fastbreak attempt if the Refs would have called the foul on PPat.

Cats were called for 6 more total fouls than USC, but five of those came late when the Cats were trying to foul.

I'm not going to make any excuses for the Cats. They were outplayed. If anyone didn't see that then they did not watch the same game I did. When the Cats let an undersized Gamecocks team get 16 offensive rebounds, the most that the Cats gave up to any team this season, then they were lazy in the paint.
The teams execution was about as bad as last years team. Wall was sloppy as can be with the ball. Bledsoe could not hit his normal layups and Patterson slacked more than I have ever seen this year. How can this team rebound like that, with this size and talent we should not get out rebounded unless we are out-hustled. And we were beat on the boards tonight. Still in line for a number one seed.
Stardust you are right. We didn't play. Cousins did. Wall did at the end. As a ateam we never showed up.

Only thing with the fouls I was upset over was that when Downey had the ball it was a foul it seemed everytime.
theVILLE Wrote:and wall dont...im honest i never saw him walk or carry tonight..or double in the florida game..another florida player hit it..
DOWNEY IS THE MAN

Well you honestly can say that you are a Downey fan then. Dude traveled at least 3-4 times with the ball tonight. He was more impressive than Wall though I will give you that.
Just to boggle your mind, Downey was 2-5 from 3-point land, so this amazing player missed 17 shots inside the 3-point line. Hmm....

3 assists, 2 turnovers, 2 steals, and 5 rebounds.. Dude beat UK plain and simple by throwing up BS and the refs being quick with that whistle while he had the ball.
alright, im gonna shut up. im mad. BUT. i will say this. South Carolina's win over UK will determine their seed in the NIT tournament. Possibly a Louisville vs. SC matchup at madison square garden in the ***N.I.T.***
Stardust Wrote:FT's, Cats shot 21, USC shot 28, but 7 of their FT's were in the last 1:06 when UK was trying to foul USC. So I really won't say it was an unfair advatage on the FT line. Yeah, Wall was hammered on his dunk attemtp, but immediately preceeding that drive by Wall, the Cats got the rebound on a drive that Downey was clearly fouled on by Patterson that was not called. Not saying either one was worse than the other, but the Cats would not have even had the fastbreak attempt if the Refs would have called the foul on PPat.

Cats were called for 6 more total fouls than USC, but five of those came late when the Cats were trying to foul.

I'm not going to make any excuses for the Cats. They were outplayed. If anyone didn't see that then they did not watch the same game I did. When the Cats let an undersized Gamecocks team get 16 offensive rebounds, the most that the Cats gave up to any team this season, then they were lazy in the paint.

I did not think it was a very well refed game on either side, but you are right, it had no effect on the outcome of this game. The outcome was due to being outplayed like you said. I was screaming at the TV for someone to block out the much smaller opponent. More hustle by USC.
Patterson was so disappointing tonight along with Miller after the game he had against Arkansas.... I honestly can say that if Patterson may need to stay 1 more year to get more comfortable in these type of games, he just did not look comfortable all evening
Could the commentators have kissed Downys *** anymore then they did tonight.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Just to boggle your mind, Downey was 2-5 from 3-point land, so this amazing player missed 17 shots inside the 3-point line. Hmm....
He is 5'6'' and had 6'1'', 6'4'' and 6'7'' guards on him. Not to mention the times he had Patterson or Cousins on him during switches. He missed some shots when he got fouled.
sstack Wrote:You are right on about PPat. He did not demand the ball all night and even late in the game and down 4, he passed the ball back out from under the basket two times when he could have drove for the layup.The upperclass man was depending on the Freshmen! Also, after the UofL game, alot of people including you where bashing Cousins. I said then that I loved him and felt he might be the most important piece of the team. I got alot of flak over that then, but it seems alot of people are changing their tune and see the stud he is.

I by no means am a fan of Cousins attitude, and I stand pat on that. I never said anything about his ability. I said I cannot stand his Rasheed Wallace way's and still can't. Interesting stat they showed in the game was that he has had two fouls in 13 of the Cats games this season, which means he is taking himself out of the game for his team on 13 occasions. I've always said his game is awesome, his head is going to hurt him! My bashing was rightful to his actions, not his Game!
I think the point a few people are missing is the fact that Downey HAS to score 30 points a game in order for SC to have a chance to win. Their offense is based around the guy, so of course he's going to take a lot of shots. I thought UK did a good job of disrupting his shot at times, but he just finds ways to score. In the end, UK will be fine. Cousins is dominant and will be a matchup problem for everyone in the SEC.

Also.. Is that chicken noise they play there annoying or what?
Downey will be a good D-league player. they should be NIT champs this year.
ImagineThat! Wrote:Man, everybody that Obama has backed lately has lost. lol This is probably the best thing that could happen to UK. They'll be fine, but beware of theVille for a few days.

He's bailed out SC ..now, it obviously didn't help matters with the presidential call. LOL:thatsfunn
Just because you get two fouls in the first half doesn't mean it is because of your attitude.

Only think about him I dont like is when he whines and throws up soft crap when around the rim.
[quote=BloodyHarlanVOL]I think the point a few people are missing is the fact that Downey HAS to score 30 points a game in order for SC to have a chance to win. Their offense is based around the guy, so of course he's going to take a lot of shots. I thought UK did a good job of disrupting his shot at times, but he just finds ways to score. In the end, UK will be fine. Cousins is dominant and will be a matchup problem for everyone in the SEC.

Also.. Is that chicken noise they play there annoying or what?[/QUOTE]

No, not at all(sarcasm).
Overrated Wrote:Could the commentators have kissed Downys *** anymore then they did tonight.

Why not, I did. I am 100% UK fan, but a true basketball fan as well. Downey kicked our tail! I loved watching him. I hated what he did to my team, but his game was better than anyone on the floor! How can you not be impressed with what he did? He lead his team to victory over the Best player on the best team in college basketball for one night. Nine more match-ups and the Cats would win them all, but tonight, He was the Man!
Stardust Wrote:Why not, I did. I am 100% UK fan, but a true basketball fan as well. Downey kicked our tail! I loved watching him. I hated what he did to my team, but his game was better than anyone on the floor! How can you not be impressed with what he did? He lead his team to victory over the Best player on the best team in college basketball for one night. Nine more match-ups and the Cats would win them all, but tonight, He was the Man!

I wasn't one bit impressed. He only had 3 assists, had 2 turnovers, 2 steals, and MISSED 20 SHOT ATTEMPTS!!! Good grief man, usually if you miss 10 you're on the bench.
Alright man Downey sucks. He can't play a lick. Only 3 assists on a team that is dead last in their league in that category. Missed 20 shots? Sucks man.
Guys, Downey beat us tonight, end of story.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ComfortEagle Wrote:Guys, Downey beat us tonight, end of story.
Yea I know.
Amun-Ra Wrote:Just because you get two fouls in the first half doesn't mean it is because of your attitude.

Only think about him I dont like is when he whines and throws up soft crap when around the rim.

You are right, he still gets some silly fouls, but he is a freshman and is improving each night. This is nothing to do with attitude. He was wrong in the U of L game, but I have not seen any inappropriate attitude since.
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next